Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salzberg to Schladming transfer

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone offer advice on transfer alternatives, I just got a quote for a private transfer of £140 return for two people which seems ok but I guess there may be a bus service or train service which is almost as good.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
JimboS, Have a look at the OeBB website www.oebb.at It looks like there are trains every two hours from Salzburg main station to Schladming for €20. There's a bus that costs about €2 from the airport to the main station in Salzburg, or a taxi costs about €10 (maybe a bit more now, it was a couple of years since I was there).
The current train timetable is valid until 13th Dec.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I looked at similar last season and it would have been about half that for 2 on the train/bus.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've used the train and it's very easy, announcements are in German and English, I had no problem getting the connection.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks all, looks like the train is the way to go, just booked flights out on 3rd Jan and back on 10th staying at the Kirchenwirt, I tried to book a package from Edi with Crystal but they said that they had no space left for ski bags, so booked the same flights and hotel saving £200 on the package cost excluding transfer fror the two of us.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
JimboS,

DIY usually works out cheaper if you've got kids. I'm a bit surprised you get a decent saving with just the two of you, or is that just on the bog standard brochure price (without internet booking savings, book early and save £50 etc)?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you are on the same flight as Crystal why dont hitch a lift on there transfer bus.
We went to the kirchenwit with crystal last year and our bus driver gave 3 people a lift to shladming for small money.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
musher,

Crystal web price from Edi was £594 each plus £100 for two set of ski equipment = £1288

Jet2 flights were £370 for both of us (2 hold bags at 22kg each + 1 x 20k bag for ski kit, we will get my board and Kim's skis in my board bag) and the hotel quoted 65Euro a night for half board = £1098

I was really surprised to book it cheaper myself, we had planned to go there last Jan but left it too late and it got sold out, I was waiting for a last minute bargain last year, that doesn't always work out.

We ended up in Wengen last Jan instead, so all ended well.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Fri 29-08-14 22:16; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Chick, May as well give it a go.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
JimboS, Have you checked out this page yet: http://www.salzburg-airport.com/en/passengers-visitors/arrival-parking/bus-train-taxi/taxi-transfer-service/

I believe Taxi Huber and Habersatter have quite competitive pricing. The train is relatively easy, buses possibly slightly more flexible.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy