Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Samoens swimming pools

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just back from a great summer trip but intrigued as to why Bermuda shorts are not acceptable attire for the outdoor swimming pool? Does anyone know? It made for a very expensive trip to the pool when we had to buy 3 pairs from the speedo vending machine!

Also, I keep trying to find out weather the Reine du Pres (?) MGM building swimming pool is open to non residents - when and how much? Each time I go to ask at the reception it has been unmanned. I'd like to go when we are back in samoens during the winter. Are they strict about speedos too?!

Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Freestyle, that's common in French pools. the reason being that people can just knock about in their shorts all day, getting dirty, then take them in the pool. they are less likely to just knock about all day in their Speedos.

I wouldn't have thought an MGM pool would be open to non-residents - the people paying for it would probably rather irritated if it were crowded by non-residents. wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Freestyle, my understanding is that with the swimming pools in France only speedo types are allowed as other shorts could be worn in places other than the pool and then bring dust and dirt in with them.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That makes sense!
pam w, I think it is open to non residents as it's also a spa and they want to sell their treatments....
Thanks
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The Speedos only rule makes sense, I suppose, for indoor pools, but I do think it's a bit of nonsense for outdoor pools (like the one in Samoens). Surely, there's enough dust and dead leaves blown in by the wind, bird poo falling from the sky etc to make a few pairs of shorts a pretty minor issue?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I find it's very bizarre as nowhere in the Uk does it - are the filter systems maybe older in the french swimming baths or they are not allowed to put as much chlorine in?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy