Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Gervais Advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, I've never been to St Gervais before and am, therefore, seeing if anyone could give me some quick advice?

We are considering staying somewhere located between the St Gervais piste and Le Bettex lift. It's located approximately 500 meters up from the Bettex station. I was wondering whether anyone had been to St Gervais that could give me some advice about whether this is too far out of St Gervais to comfortably walk into (we are a family of 4, children aged 10 and 12). I have the feeling it may be too remote and I might have to look for somewhere closer to the village centre but thought I'd check to see if anyone had stayed in this area of St Gervais before?

Thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mjmoran8, Your description doesn't narrow it down much for me, I would describe the top of the Saint Gervais Bettex gondola as Bettex Station which is too far to walk into St Gervais.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Apologies RJS, I agree my post probably probably confused things. Having had another look, the accommodation is 500m up from the St Gervias telecabine (at the side of the St Gervais piste), which goes to Le Bettex (I think). Therefore, I was wondering whether anyone had stayed in that locality of St Gervais and could offer any advice as to how accessible walking into St Gervais is, and any other advice that would be helpful.

Thanks.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think that would be a serious walk into st gervais especialy at night or with shopping Probably three times the 500m you are on about.It is also quite rare that you can ski from Bettex down to st Gervais so you probabley would be looking at walking back up after sking .If you have a car i see no problem there is plenty of parking at the gondola station.There is lots of new accomodation around the st gervais Gondola station.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'd second what brock says, particularly this "It is also quite rare that you can ski from Bettex down to St Gervais so you probably would be looking at walking back up after skiing ". It is walkable but would take a while. I think you would want a car.

When are you looking to go? I know a nice hotel in Bettex itself.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you are 500 metres by road from the bottom lift station e.g. Les G'rets where we had an apartment, then it is walkable though on the edge of comfortable.

I guess, however, this is 500 vertical metres in which case you may be somewhere around Le Grattague, which has a bus up and down from Bettex during the day but is otherwise quite isolated. It could alternatively be in the lower part of Le Bettex where you can ski back to the apartment and out to the chair lifts, as Le Bettex is about 500 vertical metres above the bottom lift station. Anywhere there or thereabouts is definitely not a comfortable walk to the main town (probably 30+ mins) and has very limited shops, so I would have to recommend you hire a car (which could be as cheap or cheaper than transfers for 4).

Best bet if you don't want a car is to find somewhere between the town centre and the main lift station.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy