Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kaprun early November

Poster: A snowHead
I am doing a bit of research on this one but can get week bed n breakfast, transfer, lift pass and flights from Aberdeen with ski carriage for £600. I'm waiting to hear about conditions then but apparently it has previously been good and my be possible to ski to mid station. Anyone else interested or been there in November?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mid station at Kaprun or do you mean Kitzsteinhorn?

Kaprun will almost definitely be closed then, Kitzsteinhorn will be open but the skiing is not as extensive as usual due to many lanes being for race teams only.
You will certainly be able to ski down to the Alpine Center(mid station).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was told "mid station" by travel company but as I've never been I don't know. I presumed it was the glacier side mid station. I didn't know about the race lanes tho, thanks for that. There is some sort of snow festival on 7/8 November http://www.wowglacierlove.at/en/ and as they have a very long season I thought it might be worth a try but am open to other suggestions for an early ski week.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
speachmaus, Take a look at Hintertux and Stubai, both within spitting distance of Innsbruck. The glaciers at Sölden, Kaunertal and Pitztal will also be open by then. Kühtai while not a glacier it is very high and always opens way before other places and may well be open

In November you can get some fantastic deals from really good quality family run hotels which include half board for barely 10 Euros a night difference from B&B. Look at flying to Munich as well then using the trains to get to places like Innsbruck.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Easy to get to Mayrhofen by train from Munich/Innsbruck/Salzburg and that's a reasonable valley base for Hintertux with stacks of accommodation options. If there's a group of you going then hiring a car might be viable too.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I may go on my own, I can easily fly to Innsbruck I usually go with Lufthansa so can fly to pretty much any airport. I don't want to hire a car. I want to be in town or short distance to bus stop to glacier, so any suggestions?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
speachmaus, I had a solo trip to Kaprun in mid November 2006, no snow at resort level, Kitzsteinhorn was open down to mid station, lower sections to it were very icy. It's all T bars at the top with fairly short runs. I had four days skiing, but had done every run by the first lunchtime Sad . It's OK for technique practise but you won't get the feeling of skied a resort or any variety, which I guess is the same for all glaciers as their not that big ( I've skied in Tignes and L2A in Feb and March) Some of the runs were closed to the public as they were being used for team practice. I wouldn't go again at that time of year to Kaprun, would look somewhere else where the non glacier area is larger and hopefully open.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We have booked Kaprun. The festival http://www.wowglacierlove.at/en/ was the deciding factor plus it been snowing there last few days webcams looking god.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
looks very interesting. Maybe i will be there too...a little bit strange, but Kitzsteinhorn is the only Glacier i have never been until now in Austria...looking forward this winter.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
turms, that's good. Let me know if you decide to go we could meet up
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ok...we will be in touch...
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
speachmaus, be warned it will be rammed up there! Sad I've made the mistake of going over when they have these festivals but I have a season ticket so it it not so annoying standing in queues most of the time. That weekend is not on my season pass so I will not be joining the crowds this year! wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Samerberg Sue, ok thanks for the warning. I will probably be in the bar
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Singlesport will be in Kaprun on 8 November . 5 day training course. We have done it many times during that week & there has always been good snow on the top. Its a gamble whether they will open to middle station they usually do but you cant count on it.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
speachmaus,

Blimey Shocked now there is a coincidence, I am gonna be in Kaprun that weekend although Im not sure I'll get any skiing in (well possibly a day of boarding on Sunday Toofy Grin )

Its my stag weekend Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
snow conditions
Plenty of people to drink your health then!
latest report
andyman, oh we'll definitely be in the bar then
snow conditions
skigirl21 wrote:
Singlesport will be in Kaprun on 8 November . 5 day training course. We have done it many times during that week & there has always been good snow on the top. Its a gamble whether they will open to middle station they usually do but you cant count on it.

^^ I'm on this, and really looking forward to it. speachmaus,andyman, see you in the bar Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy