Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

FIS mogul competition in Manchester

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This could be interesting, I wonder if it will get any TV coverage.

http://www.planetski.eu/news/6236
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mr mogulski and I will be judging. Several teams from Europe have already entered. Should be a good event.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I don't know the layout in Manchester but are they looking to get a decent crowd in.

I only picked up on it from a Tweet from Planet Ski, hope there is good promotion going on near the venue.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Manchester is much better than many other domes to watch the competitions as there is a balcony. Need to wrap up as it is cold. Not sure if we will be judging from the balcony as usual or will go down to the slope. Getting a good number of entries. Former Olympic champion Janne Latela will be there as a coach. Training on Friday 12th, then competitions on the Saturday 13th and Sunday 14th including dual moguls which is always fun.
I'll try to update as I get more info.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mogulski, off topic but I'm guessing as a judge your a decent mogul skier, do you do any coaching?

And on topic any idea of costs to come along and watch???
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Will try and get down on the Friday and hopefully the Sunday.

If the judges will be on the balcony that looks up the main slope viewing options will be quite limited.

There is enough space at the bottom of the slope to put a platform up for the judges.

kitenski, I haven't seen anything re prices but as you can see the main slope from quite a few public areas it may be difficult to charge for viewing unless they but a platform at the bottom of the main slope if the judges will be on the balcony.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm the mother of an ex World Cup mogul competitor who is a BASI ISTD and works in Meribel in winter with his brother who is also ISTD ski and snowboard. I don't do coaching, I judge and can tell anyone exactly what they are doing wrong but not give them all the drills to sort out their faults! We have to train our judging each autumn before we are allowed to judge world cup. I'm training in Park City in October as I can't get to the European training in Germany.

Its free to come along and watch the competition as far as I know. Just turn up and come up to the bar. Not sure if the judges will have taken over the balcony for judging but there is usually space for spectators. It may be that we have a judges stand at the bottom of the course but I won't know that until I get there.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Great, I subscribe to CF's news letters and this is the first I've heard about it.

There is no stand out mention on their website

How much is it to get in? (edit:- just red mogulski's last post properly) MrsHD is on a girly week away in Egypt at the time so it's a fine excuse for me and the boy to get out together.

Can I play Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
homers double wrote:
Can I play

The programme is here, you don't need a FIS licence to enter.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Program has now been updated with new timings to allow international competitors to get flights home on the Sunday evening.

You need to have a FIS licence for the FIS competitions and at least to be a registered freestyle skier with your nation for the British Championships.
Enter on line at www.freestylesnowsports.co.uk

Proposed New Timetable:

12th September - Official Training

12.00 - 14:00  Official Training
15:00 - 17:00 Official Training

13th September - Single and Dual Moguls Competitions

10.00 - 11:00  Course opens for Official Training – European Championships
11.15 – 12.:15 European Indoor - Singles Competition Qualification Round
12.30 –1.15 European Indoor Champs Finals
1.45 - 14.30 Course opens for Official Training – British Indoor Champs- Qual
14.30 -16.00 British Indoor - Singles Competition Qualification Round
16.30 – 17.30 British Indoor Champs Finals
18.00 – 18.45 Course opens for Official Training – European Champs Dual Moguls Competition
19.00 - 20.00 European Champs - Night Competition Qualification round
20.15 – 21.00 European Champs Finals
21:30 - 22.00 Prize giving
22:00 - 23:00 After party

14th September - Dual Moguls British Competition

10.00 - 11:00  Course opens for Official Duals Training
11.15 - 12:15 Singles Competition Qualification Round
12:30 - 13:30 Finals
13.45 -14.00 Prize giving
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Half the slope is open on at least the Friday, will be a great way to watch up close Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Really quiet here today at CFe, even with only half the slope open. Going to hang around for a while and watch snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I was there on the Sunday, just skiing on the other half of the slope. Pretty impressive bump skiers, and also the seven year old who was tootling around after it had all finished. But the "tannoy" announcements were useless. All boom and no clarity. Shame that for those of us on the fringe.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy