Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Villa - Dolomites

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My partner is working in La Villa in the Dolomites for the 2014/15 season so am planning on a few visits. Any info on how easy it is to drive/fly to? Apartment rentals or hotel accom? What's it like for boarders (I'm advanced)?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi and welcome to snowHead

Innsbruck is your nearest airport at under 2 hours away, then Venice and Verona are both around 3 hours, I think. I believe the drive to/from Innsbruck is more straightforward in snowy weather, as you can avoid the high mountain passes in that direction.

I'm not a boarder, but La Villa is well placed for access to the Sella Ronda and therefore anywhere you want to go, though it is also a popular destination in its own right due to the World Cup run (the Gran Risa) and access to Santa Croce via Pedraces. From here, a free bus (20 min) runs to Kronplatz area where there are some very long black runs to keep you occupied.

Check out the threads about the Dolomites from last season for loads more info, or shout up if you have any more questions. Hopefully someone else has some info about accommodation.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you need to get a train the aim for Bruneck as it should be fairly easy to get a local bus from their to la villa.
If the gf is working for a to, see if see can get you on the transfer bus as quite a bit easier than making your own way, although timings might not work so well.

I like la villa it's a little of the Ronda so not that busy. Couple of short lifts required to traverse the village so a bit faffy especially for boarders. Both the red and the black back to the village from the big yellow bubble are fun. Black is a bit sheltered so can be quite firm early on. Santa Croce is definitely worth a trip or two the views are fab, and the run down is lovely.

If doing the Ronda then not much point with the green on a board as too much walking.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
welcome to sH

the drive up from Innsbruck via Bruneck/Brunico (well very close to there), is easy. no real mountain passes at all, and even in last years snow carnage, the first snow lingering on the main road up the hill was at Corvara (which is just a little bit further up from La Villa). Drive from Calais to Innsbruck has far too many options, but call it 12 hours.

The run back down from Santa Croce can be ace on a snowy day, off the edge of the piste, tumbling over in the snow thru the trees. And despite the restaurant being a tourist magnet, the piste is invariably deserted.

Sella Ronda green route only has 1 section of about 100m that it not so good for boarders now (that narrow green path on the way from Selva to Campitello), and not so good for skiers either trying to clear it in one go, only to end up trapped in a jam. The other long flat section in to Arabba now has a new lift so you miss most of it.

Both the Gran Risa black world cup run, and the adjacent red, are ace.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi guys, thanks for the info. Very useful. The flight to Innsbruck sounds the best option and a drive from there. Or maybe cadge a lift from the tour operator.

Anyone got any info on accom options? , There seems to be an Inghams chalet hotel in the village but it's quite pricey until they offer their last minute reductions
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
richey810, The Alta Badia region tourist office website will have info on accommodation, select "La Villa-San Cassiano-Badia" http://www.altabadia.org/en/homepage_alta_badia_tourism
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy