Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz/Chatel/Les Gets/Morzine 2014/2015

Poster: A snowHead
Yes - Husband it moving all our stuff today and tomorrow - we are moving to Montriond but hopefully out of the way of the run off from the lac to the Dranse.

He is up and down via Essert La Pierre at the moment and the chalet in Morzine where we had a lot of furniture. We are up higher than others but I am still worried. I`ve told him not to put ANYTHING in the cave!

Really selfishly I really want to be able to get home to my new house on saturday when I fly home without my husband risking life and limb to get me.

I dont care about the stuff - I just hope everyone stays safe.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Nadenoodlee, absolutely right -
Quote:

just hope everyone stays safe
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
and another +1 to that, good luck to the hubby @Nadenoodlee Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Some more pics here.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@sarah, he is from Northern Ireland- he views this as a light shower.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Nadenoodlee, Laughing good for him!

@rjs, I've seen those too, one of those is right outside a friend's house Sad
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Pamski, your place is fine, promise. The lake is always drained at the start of Spring in case of situations like this. It was totally empty on Thursday, this morning about 1/3 full....

There have been some impressive slips in Les Gets, I ran up from the school into the Rosta bowl today. There are some large bits of the track that have been washed away, a huge slip under the Rosta lift and one in the middle of Yeti.

Links to two pics I took today, first is the Rosta lift, second is the track from the school to the bowl which is the long blue return to the village in winter.

https://twitter.com/qliofr/status/595150957522067456

https://twitter.com/qliofr/status/595139941170094080

It hasn't rained here this afternoon, which is obviously good, hopefully we get a dry night although more rain is forecast.

There is a lot of rain and snow melt still to come down from up high though....
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Nadenoodlee, I've just figured out who you are! Hope the training is going well x
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@MeMyselfandI, thanks so much. I was really concerned about the school as from memory it sits well below the level of the lake but if that had been drained in advance if the rain so much the better. Info from someone right on the ground is brilliant. Morzine Source are pretty good with their updates.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
It is far below the lake level, which is why they drain it every spring. I think it pumps directly to the river towards Taninges.

I passed three diggers on the track up to the bowl when I ran down at about 0900, they're doing a lot of work. Mt Chery road and Chavannes road are looking bad though. I know of at least one Ferrari in an underground car park that will be consigned to the scrap heap.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
You can see pictures of the flooding at Avoriaz lake on their Facebook page here; https://www.facebook.com/avoriaz1800

Hope those lifts are designed to sustain this kind of overflow.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hope everyone stays safe. Sounds like there is more rain to come.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We've been out hiking a few times in the last few weeks, now the rains and rivers have eased up nicely (except today) and the mountain has drained enough to not be walking in an oversized bog. On the nice days we've headed up... It's surprising to see the damage done to the mountain, i mean shocking... I'm worried that one of my most favourite hikes will be destroyed. We walked the lower path where you can see up to the refuge and there was a massive landslide on the side on the mountain... it looked massive and we were miles away. Although i'm not too worried about the the south side as the south path is a popular up and down to the refuge so once the guardien is in place he'll be out with his pick axe repairing the path on which his trade will rely. I'm more worried about the North side but fingers crossed the previously mentioned guardien will be there. For the next fortnight at least we'll be having a nervous wait while the remaining pockets of snow melt away, as soon as we can get up there we'll be checking the best paths... fingers crossed we'll be alright.

I'll keep the thread updated on paths, tracks, trails and hikes with photos on our FB page (but that's because i don't know how to post photos on here) but i still maintain that it would be nice if admin could make a Summer Forum - i see quite a few summer related posts on here and there's no place for them Sad Sad , other than randomly all over the site... we're all mountain lovers here.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
it's easy to post photos...
right click image in facebook (or wherever), select "copy image location" (or something similar)
paste it in here, and surround the url with:
Code:

[img] ... [/img]

would be good to know what's been washed away, or where landslides have wiped out popular routes. sposed to be MTBing* there in July.

(* more XC getting out and riding trails, rather then full stormtrooper wearing pyjamas DH stuff)
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm pretty sure the MTB tracks will be well maintained, they have an excellent team of people in place here who look after the tracks, so i'm sure there'll be no problems with those - Some of the hiking paths go through some more remote locations and can be tricky to get equipment to in order to mend - fingers crossed nothings been irrepairably damaged

Thanks for the instruction on posting piccies - i'll have to give it a go
snow report
Went hiking today. Great weather, nice cool breeze with sunny spells. Headed up from Lac des Plagnes (only did a short hike as have work to do this arvo Sad )

Some large rocks/boulders had been dislodged and were on the paths, but there was plenty of room to dodge them no problem.
snow report
[img]https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/11022411_10154034808159988_7168144483241469607_n.jpg?oh=8515b11174c43ae2dd250e4471b23f95&oe=56022C59[/img]
snow conditions
OK, I don't know how to post photos... Sad
snow conditions
We went over to Champery today via car to Lindarets, walk up to Abricotine bowl, French Mossettes up, Swiss Mossettes down, Marcheson up and the telepherique down to Champery for lunch. It's the first day of the big bike event, Passeporte... So huge numbers of MTBs everywhere. Then reversed the whole thing but walked back down to Lindarets from the top of the Mossettes. The Brochaux lift has been taken away and there was lots of activity up high where they seem to be constructing a new top lift station which is a fair way along to the left from the top of the Prolays lift.

Yesterday we were able to see some of the damage from the days of very heavy rain back in May, particularly along the road that forms part of the Choucas, and is the road over to Samoens in the summer. Just down from where Lhottys is by the top of the Nauchets lift at one point the road is just about wide enough for a bike to get through. They are working on it but a big reconstruction job. Large chunk has slid away on the Yeti and also the Myrtille.

oh, and walking back along the Abricotine this afternoon we spied two marmottes, sitting on top of a rock which itself was covered in glorious azaleas, we got the camera out and went as quietly as we could before they finally disappeared. Great to spot them.
snow report
@Pamski, sounds lovely! I like that route very much. Keep seeing fab piccies from FB friends of the lovely weather, views, flowers, I'm missing the place. Think we will be back out mid August Smile
snow conditions
@sarah, flowers, yes! And the azaleas which just grow in profusion all over the place are simply stunning. Our three week visit out here in August has now been cancelled as we acquiring a four legged friend as the timing just doesn't work out.
latest report
@Pamski, the forecast seems a bit mixed over the next week or two - is that right? Husband and friends are in Les Gets from the 4th for road cycling.
snow report
@Montana, apart from maybe a bit of rain tomorrow it looks like hot and sunny till Thursday but not sure beyond that and we leave that day. Really lovely here at the moment so hope it stays like that for your husband.
snow report
@Pamski, thanks, me too (although I'm mightily envious of them 😠) 😊
snow report
@Pamski, exciting about the four legged friend Smile

Would love to be out to see the flowers.

We are trying to move house here so nothing confirmed yet but hopefully mid August should work.
ski holidays
Its chuffing hot - the rain promised for yesterday never did materialise although it was cloudy most of the day. Town is buzzing with the Pass`portes folk - weather meant to continue being hot and sunny so I shall be hitting the outdoor pool which reopened on Friday. Happy Summer everyone.
snow conditions
@Nadenoodlee, wonderful isn't it. We went up the Prodains lift this morning and then went to look at where the water had flooded the lifts a few weeks ago, someone was working on the bottom of the Tour lift, and it is Sunday! Back to Les Gets and we walked down to the Perrieres car park where there is a huge event on this weekend which involves huge forestry/wood type vehicles hauling wood around, chipping it, and definitely a blokes type of event. Enormous queues for food and the beer tent and there will be sore heads tomorrow after the beer and so much sun.
snow report
@Pamski, We saw that - we nicknamed in DIGGERCON. Lots of burly farming looking chaps strolling about! I note they didnt fill in the big hole on the piste - a missed opportunity surely!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Now is 2015,2016 is coming soon.I'd like to waiting for snow ,though it is summer now . Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy