Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz/Chatel/Les Gets/Morzine 2014/2015

Poster: A snowHead
Heading out tomorrow as well, we can't wait Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Arriving in Avoriaz on the 29th March. Have visited a couple of times before late in the season (one being the 2010/11 season when the snow was very poor) and we have always found Avoriaz to be skiable. Snow at present looks to be ok with temps due to cool in the next few days with the possibility of more snow. In terms of skiable terraine I see that the first areas of the PDS are due to close the day after we leave. For all those PDS experts out there are we likely to be able to ski the entire circuit or should be really be spending our time concentating on certain areas? Any advise on where to head to in terms of sectors would be gratefully received.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I will be in Morzine for the first time next week from Saturday 21st afternoon through to Thursday 26th if there is anybody around to ski with? Would be great for me as I don't know the area at all.... Preferably not on Sunday as would like to 'get my legs back' first and have booked a guide in for Tuesday the 24th (if he ever replies to my emails!).
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bob Morrison wrote:
Heading out to Morzine tomorrow for the 3rd trip this season and hoping for another great outing on the white stuff. Weather forecast this morning is predicting 24cm of fresh snow Friday night / Saturday, which (if it arrives), should help freshen things up a bit. Will try to find the new chairs between Super Chatel & Linga this trip as I somehow missed them in February and ended up on the bus at the bottom of Super Chatel.

Lucky for some to be away for a third trip! Anyone else know if there is to be a dump of fresh snow this weekend or next week at all? Puzzled
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@TomsTurbo, doesn't look like much if any at all. Lovely and spring like though Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
notverygoodatskiing wrote:
Heading out tomorrow as well, we can't wait Very Happy

I note that you are based in Cambridge so if I see another excited person on the 07:00 easyJet flight out of Stansted I will guess it is you. Have a good one. Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I might be about on Monday 23rd if I dont have to go and sell my soul to the Kazak embassy @Radz, can you handle your vin chaud?

@TomsTurbo, some rumours of snow at weekend/ early next week but I wouldn`t bank on it. Snow is holding up, sun is bloody lovely - enjoy!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
That will be us, look out for a very sleepy couple, getting up at 3.30am is something I'm really looking forward to Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Nadenoodlee, That would be great! My ideal is a nifty little vin chaud stop mid morning to set me up for the rest of the day..... will pm you!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Radz, "guide" what sort of guide?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
To the best vin chaud stops? wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Nadenoodlee, @under a new name, Thanks guys, either way we will enjoy! fresh snow would just be a bonus! This is my third trip over and will be covering all areas form Les Gets to Avoriaz Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I take it back. That was the best days skiing i`ve had in a long time. Parked at Ardent - over to Chatel- booze stop- back over to Lindarets- Booze stop- over to Les Crosets, quick whip round the Fornet and then down to Lindaret for a late sunny lunch.

AND you can upgrade a Mozine/ Les Gets Season pass to a PDS one at Ardent.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Another lovely sunny day today - layers being discarded by the day. We were at La Grande Terche today and the Roc d'Enfer circuit which was hard and fine first thing, softening up by the time we had finished lunch at the Tavaillon around 2. It now looks like very little new snow this weekend and a full day of sunshine again tomorrow.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Nadenoodlee,
Quote:

AND you can upgrade a Mozine/ Les Gets Season pass to a PDS one at Ardent.

Any idea how much to upgrade?
latest report
You get about a 10€ discount, they sometimes hold onto your pass so that no one else can ski on it.
snow report
Just got back from Morzine - it's been BOILING out there. I was skiing in a thin nike pro layer and a very thin shell, with all vents open, and I was still far too hot.

I think a bit of snow is predicted this weekend, but not vast amounts. A few slopes were slushy lower down (I think the run from Pointe des Mossettes down into Les Crosets was the worst we did), but generally the snow was pretty good. I wish I was still out there - lovely spring skiing!
ski holidays
@Folie Douchebag, Thanks for that - going out next weekend snowHead
snow conditions
In Les Gets from Sunday, can't wait. Packing for all temps at the moment....including my shirts.

Snow appears to be clinging on so all good for what should be a great week including the annual PDS trip - clockwise this year Very Happy
snow conditions
Found somebody!!! A contact through friends of friends but who is coincidentally a fellow snowhead. Whoop - this time next week.... snowHead Cool snowHead Cool snowHead
snow report
Today was a great day in Les Gets. Empty as we'll. pistes to ourselves.
latest report
@Timc,
Quote:

Today was a great day in Les Gets

it certainly was - Rosta bowl brilliant first thing, Tulipe, Sautenailles too then the Melezes and Vorosses - after coffee at La Paika. We scooted over there and it was deserted and within ten minutes it was heaving with people. Very good Gigot d'Agneau and a bottle of red at the Croix Blanche later and then home and the chaps are all engrossed in the Rugby.
snow report
Spent day from Super Morzine to Avoriaz -> Les Crosets -> Morgins -> Chatel -> Avoriaz and back to Morzine. Cloudy and windy, pistes mixed between slippery hard packed with a bit of loose snow and slushy. Without the sun to soften things up it was a bit naff in places. Busier than I would have liked.

Basically if the sun could come back or the cloud and wind could turn into actual snow everything would be great, but this in-between crap is rubbish! Smile
latest report
@driz, my route Sunday was...Champery -> Les Crosets -> Avoriaz -> Chatel -> Les Crosets -> Champery.

Maybe I just timed it right but I found the conditions to be pretty good throughout, with nice powdery/sugary snow on top of a fairly decent base. It was only the bottom bit of the run down Mosettes back to Les Crosets that was hard work in the afternoon as always.
snow conditions
Agree with @Whitters, conditions on Sunday morning and yesterday were possibly the best for the past week or so. The temps have gone down again compared to this time last week when it was truly Scorchio! The early morning snow is good and grippy. The sun was out sunday morning and all day yesterday. Chatel PLJ and Linga were quiet as everyone was in Avoriaz for Rock the Pistes I imagine. Went only as far as Lindarets. The red down from Rochassons was not in a great state with heavy gritty slush not quite softened and littered with people picking their way down. Looks like another lovely sunny one just now but the cloud might roll in and it's also looking a bit windy. Some precipitation forecast for mid to end of this week but if it falls as snow I'll be surprised, but you never know snowHead
snow conditions
I spoke too soon and it was scorchio again this week Shocked Tues - Thurs baking hot Shocked

Decent snow in Pre la Joux holding up well, just choose your runs and timing to make the best of the snow as it releases Smile Quiet mid week, busier again past 2 days.

The forecast has been changing daily this week and the rain which was due on Wed has pushed back each day and now looks as if it will come in tomorrow. Cooler today and clouds came in. Looks a bit more mixed for next week.

Tonight saw two big dumper trucks full of snow moving across town, looked to be heading towards Super Chatel. So they are on it with piste maintenance.
snow conditions
Wet, wet, wet! But we skied! And we lunched! And we Rocked the Pistes a bit Laughing

Light rain most of the day, turned to snow at Plaine Dranse by around 2.00pm. Saturated, heavy snow. Some pistes wearing a bit. But the forecast for the coming week looks interesting! Could bring a reasonable amount along with colder temps just in time for the Easter holidays.

Freezing level must be about 1600m as early evening I went over the Pas de Morgins and sleety snow was falling over the top. Temps here in town around 3 last time I looked which is better than last week when we had double figures.

Maybe a return to winter? snowHead
latest report
Started snowing in Chatel about 20 mins ago - very light mind but it's snow Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yep agree with @Mountain Addiction, just back from dropping off at Linga and the rain has turned to very light snow here in the village now. Very foggy this morning. Suspect it will clear a bit higher later and we'll be stuck in the fog down here! Stuff to do here this morning. Might go up later.
ski holidays
Sleet and low dense clouds up to the top in Morzine. Vile. Sun forecast for the morrow though....
ski holidays
Just had a text from our daughter who says they have been finding their way round through the clouds this morning in Les Gets but that the sun had broken through at the top of the Arbis, we have had very light snow on and off this morning.
snow report
Taken just now from Hotel l'Igloo, Morzine

A faint glimmer of hope over the left there...
latest report
Reports from Son's club were that it was very wet heavy and sticky and don't bother! So I didn't! Now an absolutely glorious afternoon here in Chatel Smile
snow conditions
Looks like a much brighter day out there today, and a bit colder too.
snow conditions
It's sunny and clear and cold. Perfect punter weather... Bye! snowHead
latest report
Morning! Yes it's a lovely sunny day here too and there's a frost! First one for over a week or maybe two Smile

Bon ski a tous snowHead
snow report
Val D'Illiez website predicting much colder temps and some snow from Wednesday to Saturday. Their forecasts are often pretty accurate
ski holidays
Colder this morning but very quickly warmed up to +14 at Pre la Joux at 1.00pm!

A couple of nice, grippy pistes early morning but mostly boilerplate and cruddy cookies and some very bad grooming in places! Increasingly slushy and heavy from 1.00 ish and we were done by 3.00. Great weather, not too busy, a good day's skiing.

Forecasts have been changing/downgrading on a daily basis for over a week now. Hopefully there will be more snow, it's a bit colder certainly, but not sure there's going to be anything very significant. A few small slides evident yesterday and today from Saturday/yesterday's new snow.
snow report
7th day of the season on the snow yesterday and impressed with how good it still is. Good tour around the Avoriaz sector and it's holding up well.
Even Plenay is looking good for a while.
Lets hope the forecast precipitation arrives to top up a little more.
snow report
I'm off to avoriaz on the 4th with all the kids and my partner. A reasonable group of 7. Its an area we've never been to and are all looking forward to it. I will be under lots of pressure to find some decent food stops for lunch and a decent trendy bar in Avoriaz for the post ski drinks. We are keeping an eye on the weather forecast but we all enjoy spring skiing despite having suffered from lack of snow a couple of times. Hopefully there will be enough to get over to Les Gets to see other members of the family. Feeling very lucky to be going skiing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy