Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz/Chatel/Les Gets/Morzine 2014/2015

Poster: A snowHead
@Chattonmill, we can indeed - are you skiing on Friday?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person

Just echoing chattonmill and nadenoodlee about yesterday, great snow snowHead snowHead and loads of it!

And just woken to clear skies this morning snowHead happy days!!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
For those worrying about a possible lack of snow in the next 10 days I can point out it snowed all day yesterday and there's a 3 metre base at the top. That's going nowhere for some time even in warm temperatures. At worst the snow will be spring like.

lots of avalanche blasting again this morning. Think the snowpack might still be quite unstable. Care required chasing those freshies today
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks to all for the weather updates, coming out on Monday for a short break and can't wait!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
In Les Gets on the 15th for a week. Can't wait, slightly concerned over higher temps and lack of snow forecast but as the Long term Forecast changes about 3 times day not panicking yet!

So, quick query - we would normally buy the Les Gets/Morzine Pass and upgrade once or twice to full PDS if in the mood - owing to potentially 'iffy' conditions in the relatively small pass area do you reckon we should go big and get PDS for the full week (do we still get 10% discount for the PDS pass if we buy more than 4?).

Cheers, counting the days!

Nige
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Seriously. Stop this madness.

I skied some of the best snow today
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Voodoo1976, unless I'm mistaken, if you upgrade to the full area pass for one or two days then cost-wise you might as well have just got the full area for the week I think.

Echoing the above - conditions won't be iffy, they've got shed loads of snow and they've had a top up this week!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What "potentially iffy" conditions.

Honestly, we need a Piste Snow Science sticky around here. Specifically discussing what snow does and doesn't whene ther's a brief spell of sunny mild weather...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Shocked

Thanks All - will get back in my box. Comments noted, I'm not a seasoned skier hence my query but would appear I have nothing to worry about apart from where to go for Apres Ski!

Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I stay on-piste most of the time and don’t mind a bit of firm corduroy first thing in the morning or a bit of softer stuff (or slush) in an afternoon. Maybe also find a bit of spring snow.

I also enjoy a picnic lunch (cheeky beer, baguette, saucission, cheese, glass of red) in a sunny spot at the top of a ridge.

I think I’m going to have a good week next week – what’s not to like from a forecast that suggests a couple of days of freshening up with new snow followed by a settled spell with warmish days and nights cool enough to freeze it all up again?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

I also enjoy a picnic lunch (cheeky beer, baguette, saucission, cheese, glass of red) in a sunny spot at the top of a ridge.

Blush I'm looking forward to a few of those next week too.

Some of the forecasts suggest that there might not be an overnight freeze at lower altitudes. It's touch and go - and a lack of overnight freeze really does see things deteriorate fairly quickly. Not that that will cause problems in the next week or so given currently good snow depths.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Nadenoodlee, will be skiing on Friday, not sure where, we normally decide in the morning after seeing what the weather is.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Voodoo1976, last time I tried this I had to buy a normal one-day PdS pass and pay full price. No upgrade form the Morzine-les Gets pass.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nadenoodlee wrote:

ditto. Great snow but very windy. Lots of the high lifts closed after a while. First time I have skied under blue sunny skies but wind like a blizzard. Slopes surpisingly empty.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@BergenBergen, you weren't in Les Gets then!
latest report
I was on Mont Chery for lift opening @Chattonmill, and it was pretty empty. I will ping you a txt with my new number
snow report
@Chattonmill, it is march. Was it raining Toofy Grin ?
latest report
@Nadenoodlee, Mt Chery might have been empty, everywhere else was banged out!
@BergenBergen, Yes I did get very wet on Sunday, I dont do skiing in the rain, but my mates insisted Shocked
snow report
Nadenoodlee wrote:

And another +1, one of the best days of my season so far snowHead snowHead snowHead

And the wind....meh!....I enjoyed the wind in my hair wink Laughing

Great grippy snow on piste, variable but all good off piste, well apart form the icy hidden snow snakes that got me off piste in the afternoon Laughing It was very, very windy as mentioned. I skied PB in the morning and it was beautiful but by the afternoon it had been closed due to avy and cornice risk from above and through Donkeys.

Looks like another bluebird one and tomorrow they do finally all clear off home Very Happy
ski holidays

Some piccies from yesterday
latest report
Quote:

tomorrow they do finally all clear off home

Hurrah! snowHead It's worth pointing out that whilst the final week of the holidays isn't as bad as the Paris week, it's still well worth avoiding if you can.
snow report
Anyone skied in Abondance this week or last? Conditions OK?

We though we might pay a visit next week. Day pass for Euro 13.60! That's less than £10 which appeals to the inner Yorkshireman.
snow report
Great day to be back in Les Gets - sunshine and snow just how I like it. Big crowds at the lifts, and at the top of some of the lifts but amazingly when we skied down the red on the Rosta about 9.30 I had no-one on it all the way down, and just my OH coming down behind me. Similarly we went over to the Melezes a bit later - and the whole way down there was no-one in sight - eventually over to Mt Chery and good over there - bumped into some old friends so that's always fun. When we came down the Chamois to the village just after 2.30 it was getting very soft and heavy so glad I was not going up there again and I do like my knees and want to keep them just the way they are. Hoping that there will be an enormous procession of cars and coaches down the road and away in the morning.
latest report
Very excited - first trip to Morzine tomorrow - looks like lovely spring skiing - just how I like it Very Happy
snow report
Great day in the secteur Suisse and around la linga etc. Early in as a friend had a true faceplant, blood and everything.
That may teach him not to ski on a boarders blindside!
Snow is still good, and will continue to be for a while.
Anyone on Mt Chery in the morning?
ski holidays
Posting this in all three places I could think of

Anyone fancy a Snowheads meet up. I’ll bring the other five on our lads’ trip (non-Snowheads).

We have outline plans as follows for the week (which are however bound to change!):

Monday somewhere a bit off the main drag either Abondance, La Chapelle or Bernex
Tuesday and Thursday heading round the circuit so anywhere Swiss side or Avoriaz/Chatel (we managed to bag the 2 4 1 PDS tickets so might as well use them)
Wednesday thinking of St Jean d’Aulps.

Anyone fancy it drop me a line
snow conditions
@DJL, would have loved to, but home again tomorrow. Back in 3 weeks though, perhaps then?
snow conditions
Great day yesterday again! Empty pistes first thing, had a really good morning snowHead

@DJL, not skied Abondance yet. But did ski Cret beni last week and conditions there were very good. I am around next week, not sure what I'm doing yet skiing but sure will see you at some point Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Chattonmill, sadly only one week trip for me and I can't get back out around Easter. Perhaps next season.

@sarah, I'll drop you a line when our plans get a bit firmer. Likely to be something along the lines above but bound to change a bit.

Temperature looking a bit high! @pam w might be right with us missing a few overnight freezes. Bring on that slush.
snow report
Looking forward to heading out today Smile

The Chalet has kept us on our toes since the holidays began, so not had much time to post with updates etc. Quite glad there's not going to be much re-freeze over the next few days - since the pack is getting icy again i think a svery slight warming will be good for the piste - soften it a little bit, but not too much.

We've a few errands to run this morning, but hopefully we'll be out in time for the lunchtime lul Smile snowHead
snow conditions
Had the best few hours out sking the Roc d`enfer circuit this morning. Snow was lovely, pistes were near empty!
latest report
Great few hours skiing over in Chatel this morning - must have been worth getting up to the top at Ardent as the Chaux Fleurie lift opened, as we seemed to be over at the top of the Super Chatel gondola in no time - this was the first time I had used the two new lifts although OH used them back in January - then we were in true poma land which was very enjoyable. We did ski down to Morgins and it got narrower and narrower and muddier so I wouldn't think that would be open much longer. Sun all morning and by lunch time there were crowds outside all the cafes and the Ardent car park was full to overflowing and there were cars along the road back as far as the chalet with the red shutters. I don't know where everyone went though as we really encountered very little in the way of queues or crowded pistes.
snow report
I can echo everyone's sentiments about last two days. Ardent car park mobbed with french and Swiss day trippers today but otherwise pistes deserted, no snakes of kids or unpredictable snowplough skiers to dodge, beautiful sunny weather and snow that varies from proper winter up top to a bit sugary spring like down a bit. Oh and my new board is an absolute belter

I'm on the balcony, the birds are singing, my beer is going down well and I'm thinking it really doesn't get much better.
ski holidays
Sat:
Stash: generally good, some boxes very dry early doors, some landings firm.
La Chapelle Parlk: Closed for some stupid competition.
Arare Park: some hits and airbag cloesd, boxes running well.
Mini-Pipe: less icy than normal, but parents, please dont take your kids down there if they can only snow-plough! - Go to the Burton Kids Parkway in Falaise.
Super-Pipe : No idea - way to scared to venture in there again!
Weather: cracking
Ardent Car park: ok early, busy later.
Beer at Alpage de Serrasaix : refreshing!
snow conditions
Excited to be heading out to Les Gets for a long weekend this Thursday. Everything looking good out there?
snow conditions
mistral wrote:
Excited to be heading out to Les Gets for a long weekend this Thursday. Everything looking good out there?

Me too! Looking at the webcams everything looks okay, if a little thin/slushy on lower slopes. It's supposed to be cooler from Wed night which should help things.

Anyone know the operational status of cannons in les Gets - are they still going to be in action for these late-season weeks?
latest report
@5RED, given vacances scolaires are over, and projected temps are mildish, I'd be a little surprised if they ran the cannons, even if they could.
ski holidays
I Skied Les Gets today, few icy/hard runs first thing and got soft lower down later on, but a fantastic days skiing particularly on Mt Chery, La Rosta and Le Ranfoilly. Yes there is a few bare patches but still loads of snow. Would not have thought it was cold enough for snow cannons but dont think they need them atm.
ski holidays
Was slightly colder yesterday so the pistes stayed in better condition. It was very slushy on sun / mon.
Snow over at Les Crosets was nice yesterday. Morzine is looking a little sparse - the Pleney has some muddy patches poking through. Les Gets is still fine on piste. Could do with more snow, but it's still great to be out here Very Happy
snow report
Heading out to Morzine tomorrow for the 3rd trip this season and hoping for another great outing on the white stuff. Weather forecast this morning is predicting 24cm of fresh snow Friday night / Saturday, which (if it arrives), should help freshen things up a bit. Will try to find the new chairs between Super Chatel & Linga this trip as I somehow missed them in February and ended up on the bus at the bottom of Super Chatel.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy