Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Newbie says "no more beach holidays"

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've recently got back from C1650 were my partner & I shared the dinner table at the Clubhotel Floride with Peter B and a 'mostly on crutches but still smiling' Beanie (I think it was the alchohol!)

It was Peter who told me about Snowheads so this is my first post.

I went on a couple of school skiing trips when I was a teenager in the 70's and I've been trying to get Deb, my partner, to go skiing for the past 13 years. Luckily, at the start of the year a group of friends booked a chalet in C1550 in Jan 05 so it was either a case of join them or sit at home - so Deb said ok.

As they're all reasonable skiers we thought that we'd start asap so we went to the Floride in the last week of Jan and had lessons with the ESF, ending the week being fitted for boots at Francis Blanc's.

I can't believe how this skiing bug has got Deb. She didn't seem that confident on the slopes but as soon as we were back she was booking some dryslope lessons and another week at the Floride at the end of March!

We had lessons with New Generation this time (much better than ESF) and we've both really come on. Deb is now almost parallel and confidently tootling down reds. I've caught the high speed carving bug and was really pleased to have handled 'Suisse', my first black run, without any problems on the last day.

We've just taken advantage of the end of season sales and I've bought a pair of Volkl Supersport 5* for me and a pair of Volkl 320 Gamma's for Deb.

Just can't wait for next year now but will have to make do with a bit of dryslope (hire skis only) or the indoor real snow venues.

Do any of you Snowheads ever get together at either the Tamworth or Castleford?

Finally, I was going to mention that we also stayed in the next room to Peter & Beanie and how thin the walls were in the chalet - however, I'll save that story for another time as I don't want my first post to be my last!!!!!!!!

Jon
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to the community, Jon Smile

There a Castleford meet being planned over in "Trips", head over for more info

And like you suggest, I've never been on a summer holiday since I first went skiing over six years ago Shock)
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks nbt.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Beach holidays? What are they?

By the way, tell Deb it took my partner exactly 13 years to get me on the slopes. He kept arguing that as I would throw myself over jumps on a 17 hand horse, how could I possibly think skiing was dangerous? Anyway, 30 seconds into my first ever holiday in Soldeu and I was completely and utterly hooked. He's never let me forget this!

PS: Welcome! snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
spyderjon, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

You are now officially addicted, like the rest of us! We're always happy to 'help' with your addiction...there's time for another holiday this season you know Wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Another welcome spyderjon, come in put on your boots and step into your virtual skis and enjoy snowHeads snowHead

Oh, and like many of us, understanding that your house will never be decorated, new kitchens and bathrooms will always be (half) pipe dreams is all part of the sacrifice to the altar that is ski=ing snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
spyderjon, welcome.
The nearest thing I get to sand is the grit on the roads at ski resorts.
Oh, and while you're on your feet, could you get me a Jagermeister... snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mark, don't forget boring all your non-ski=ing friends rigid with talk of snow!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ian, no problem there - dropped them all and replaced them with ski=ing friends Laughing snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I can't bring myself to do the "no beach holidays" thing. I like my 2 weeks in the sun too much. BUT if I had to choose 1 or the other, skiing would win hands down. No contest.

Welcome to Snowheads spyderjon, it's the only thing that will get you through the summer. Have you booked for next year yet?

ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I could never do beach holidays....even before skiing moved form a pastime to an obsession. Beach holidays are just too boring. Mountains aren't just for skiing you know Wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Welcome, spyderjon! And welcome to your other half to skiing!

Beach holidays? I've always found that the sand really dulls my edges. Definitely needed a high-temperature wax, anyway...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
You're not the only one spyderjon! I took my 57 year old mother on a ski holiday last week for her first time ever and apparently she's not stopped since and my father has just SMS'd me to tell me he's been roped in for next year! Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy