Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Takkyubin luggage forwarding

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just a query as to the viability/reliability of Takkyubin. In the early stages of planning " the big trip" to Japan and looking at 3 days in Tokyo at the beginning to beat the jetlag and see the sights/culture. I've come across this service where you can land at Narita, go to a desk and forward your luggage to your hotel 0n Hokkaido for 2200yen, it arrives 2 days later, ( you also buy one of their ski bag covers for 400yen or so). To my eye this looks fantastic, no extra baggage on the internal flight, no lugging ski gear into/out of central Tokyo or leaving it in left luggage. My question is, whats the catch, is there a catch, how come everyone isn't doing this.Seems like a no brainer to me.Thanks Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If it's anything like usual Jap service it'll be excellent.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No catch at all. It'll be where you want it, when they say it will be. Most people do use it for sending on luggage / bulky items when travelling in Japan. It makes travelling by shinkansen or local flights very easy.

Incidentally I was just at the Fuji Rock festival last weekend. Most people had all their tents/camping stuff for the weekend sent in to be collected at a marquee at the site entrance, and then sent back home again at the end of the festival. Incredibly convenient!

The main companies are Yamato (known as Kuroneko for its black cat logo) or Sagawa.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We've used the luggage forwarding services several times in Japan. Really reliable and convenient. Go for it.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
spyderjon, MagSeven, sugarmoma666, Thanks people, makes things a lot easier. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
briand6868, used it to send our luggage from Shiga Kogen to Narita we went off to Tokyo for three days, worked a treat. The place we stayed at sorted it all out for us, everyone in Japan uses it.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We used it quite a bit during honeymoon in 2010.
Sent our large suitcases onto the next hotel for longer stayovers and used a smaller cabin sized case for the 2-3 day trips in between. The hotels filled the forms out for us and relative to the convenience it cost hardly anything. Superb service!!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy