Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Travelling from Chambery to Chamonix cheaply?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking for cheap options for getting from Chambery to Chamonix and back on the new year week (flight arrives at Chambery 14:10 on Sat 27th Dec and leaves Chambery at 14:50 on 3rd Jan). I am not having much luck in finding anyone offering shared transfers, and public transport options are looking very difficult. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Phil
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
philgriffiths, have you tried www.findtransfers.com ? They do shared transfers plus you can post your requirements and see if any transfer companies have something to suit
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There is a regular Chambery <> Geneva Airport shuttle, and then loads of transfer companies from Geneva airport to Chamonix. Not ideal I'm afraid, as it's a bit out of the way, and you do need to change, but you could potentially do it in under 3 hours for @50EUR each way...

http://www.gva.ch/en/desktopdefault.aspx/tabid-69/
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've not used them but these people will do a private transfer with a mini bus for around 150euro each way so I guess it depends how many of you there will be.

http://www.alp-line.com/en/chamonix-airport-transfers.htm
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Train to Geneva airport transfer to cham from there?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Travel really light and hitch? Or change flights and go to Geneva? A lot less prone to disruption too.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Chambery flights worked out so much cheaper than Geneva for the New Year week. Will try findtransfers but it looks like going via Geneva may well be the cheapest option. Thanks for your help!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
philgriffiths, no such thing as a free lunch I'm afraid...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Car hire is also an option, probably quicker and maybe cheaper than the other options, it depends how many people it is for.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I suspect the problem with your public transport search is that you are looking far to far ahead. IIRC SNCF only takes bookings 3 months in advance.

But I think you will need a taxi to Chambery station from the airport then get the train to Chamonix. There will be at least one change and will probably take over 4 hours. The cost will be about 30 euro each way.

I have to confess I would never have thought of flying to Chambery for Chamonix. It is usually much cheaper to fly to Geneva
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Going via Geneva airport will be a nightmare. Apart from car hire i would do as PamW says and get tickets to Geneva.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Going via Geneva airport will be a nightmare

especially at New Year. And if the weather's bad it's possible that any travel plans would be disrupted after the flight has been diverted to Lyon. Hire a car and enjoy the excitement of the Gorge d'Arly.....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy