Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Disabled SitSkier helper/companion required for ski trip to Stubai Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Disabled SitSkier helper/companion required for ski trip to Stubai Austria

I'm a paraplegic wheelchair user and novice sit skier with a lot of indoor ski time at Milton Keynes and Hemel Hempstead. I can now get up and down the slope with minimal assistance apart from the odd crash which I need assistance getting upright.

Now I want to progress to ski outside and planning a trip to Stubai Glacier in Austria around October/November time. So far I haven't found any of my relatives or friends that can get time of work or are competent skiers so I'm looking for a helper/companion to do the hole trip with me. I skied before my accident so I sort of know what I'm letting myself in for Smile

Ideally I would drive to Stubai and rent an apartment that has 2 bedrooms for around 6 days. I've done a little research and have found a wheelchair accessible apartment in Neustift nr Stubai.

I have all my own equipment sitski, skis etc.

I'm physically pretty independent and don't need much help.

I could meet up at Milton Keynes or Hemel Hempstead for a chat and a ski.

If anyone is interested please PM or Email me.

30th July 2014 :- Sally one of the DSUK trainers did some vids of today efforts, this will give you some sort of idea of what i'm all about as far as skiing go's.

http://youtube.com/v/86LaY3haF98

Cheers

Nick
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy