Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which aftermarket liner for a Dynafit boot?

Poster: A snowHead
Liners on my Dynafit Vulcans suck, have packed out ridiculously and need replacing...

Would like to get a pair of Palau liners for them, but there are so many options and very few details, any idea which would be best?

I have a really low volume foot so need to fill the space there, tempted by wrap-arounds if it will help. But need to keep the length in the toebox.
Shell check is 1.5cm but thats not really important, need to fill the instep and lower leg, but keep the length (would love a neoprene toe)

Anyone have any experience with them?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How many days have you had in the stock liner?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I used an old pair of Zipfits in mine , the Dynafit liners were awful with the seam up the back rubbing my archilles raw
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
One season in the liner, let's say 30/40 days, but buckled down pretty hard which I find collapses the foam faster...

Zip fit/intuition/Palau I'm happy with any, but Austrians don't believe in the existence of boot fitting so trying stuff is harder. Palau are the cheapest so messing up is less of an issue!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dulcamara,

I put an Intuition touring liner in mine from the Scarpa Gea/Maestrale. Cost around €160 for the pair and the shop moulded them for me too.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
DB, Any reason you went intuition instead of Palau, just the shop?

skimottaret, Are they not a fair bit heavier?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
yeah they probably are but at least my feet didn't get shredded.. snowHead I too have low volume feet and thought it may be an option as they can be moved from boot to boot
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
dulcamara wrote:
DB, Any reason you went intuition instead of Palau, just the shop?

I had Intuitions before and the local shop stocked Scarpa. It was easy to see if the liner fitted into the shell with a liner they had on the shelf (in a Scarpa Boot). It gave me the chance to see than the Intuitions would take up more volume than the stock liners and yet the heel / toe seated properly.

From what I'd read on the 'tinternet etc, I did think the Intutions were superior to Palau's offerings. My thinking might now be out of date as the most recent Palau liners do look a lot better than they used to be.

http://14erskiers.com/blog/2012/08/better-than-intuition-liners-palau-liner-review/
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I had Palaus fitted by Sole in some boots I bought maybe 4 years ago and found them excellent. At the time I think Sole were recommending Palau over Intuition. I think they have gone the other way now - seem to recall CH20 saying that Palau's quality had gone downhill. Puzzled
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Have Palau liners in my Technica Cochise Lites.
They came as standard. My first thought was they appeared to be really thin - but actually work well. Had no issues with them.
If your foot doesn't move (i,e boot fits well and sized properly) then the liner doesn't need to be bulky for a comfortable fit.

Quote:
One season in the liner, let's say 30/40 days, but buckled down pretty hard which I find collapses the foam faster...

Would be suspicious of anyone claiming their liner packed out in 30 days.
Tends to suggest that most likely the boots were too big ?
More so if the buckles need to be clamped up tight..
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Haggis_Trap,

Quote:

Would be suspicious of anyone claiming their liner packed out in 30 days.
Tends to suggest that most likely the boots were too big ?
More so if the buckles need to be clamped up tight..

1. it's true, sure there's more that could give but too roomy already, foot is torquing like mdrfkr!
2. they're not, 28.5/29 long feet in narrow 27 boots, had to slit&stretch the toes to fit.
3. ridiculously girly ankles/lower legs! see first post
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
dulcamara,
My legs / feet came out of a bird's nest. Took the standard liners out of TLT6's (possibly the lowest volume men's touring boot) after a few days as they were really thin. Like you I can't go for a smaller boot as the BSL is then too short. The intuitions took up much more volume.

Why not try and find a shop that has both the Technica Cochise (with Palau liner) and the Scarpa Maestrale (with intuitions) and see which one works best for you.
Thought I read somewhere that dynafit would be making their own (hopefully better) touring liners this coming season.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
DB, I thought your feet looked normal...compared to mine. wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Aah, then I must have the Palaus in my Cochise Lights too... dulcamara, you're welcome to try them if you over here at all this summer. Think they're 26.5 though. I Have to say I don't think they match the shell of that particularly boot all that well though, I had to get some pretty beefy ankle wraps in, and tbh after another 40+ days could do with taking up some more volume really...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
clarky999, In Stubai this weekend (best man for Mennos wedding) and then in Igls the weekend after for the actual wedding, doubt the liners will fit, but a beer to discuss it can't hurt!

DB, seems like a sensible option, do you know if technica or scarpa use one of the liners available on its own (online for example?)
ski holidays
dulcamara, sounds like a plan, give me a shout if you're out and about!
snow report
dulcamara, I think the Intuition Pro Tour is very similar to the Maestrale RS Liner. Profeet in London have then on offer at the moment.
snow report
Kelskii wrote:
DB, I thought your feet looked normal...compared to mine. wink

It's all relative (i.e you need to run round in the shower just to get wet wink )
snow report
dulcamara wrote:
DB, seems like a sensible option, do you know if technica or scarpa use one of the liners available on its own (online for example?)

It is possible to buy the liners separately although some of the big chains might only sell what they have on the shelf. If you have a local Intersport, Sport Eybl or Giga Sports - just take your boots in and say you want to compare the fit with the boots they have in stock. Then whip the liners out and try in your boots to see which one (Palau / Intuition) fits best. Ask them if they will order the liner separately, if not I know a shop here in Vienna that will order the intuitions (just drop me a PM). I did have a look online but it was international delivery from France and worked out more expensive.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy