Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jet2

Poster: A snowHead
Booked a holiday for 10 to fly into Geneva thurs5 march to return 8 march at 2030 pm which were great flights as we could ski 3.5 days for just 2 days off work ,but have just been informed that the Sunday evening flight is cancelled no reason just been told we can have a refund or change to Sunday lunch flight which means we can,t ski Sunday,my gripe is the airlines take your money and then they can do just what want they are just a set of c---ts
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dude, they're offering you a full refund and you have 7 months to find alternate transport. There are a lot of things airlines can do to dick you around, but this is a long way from being the worst they could have done.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The flights worked well for3.5 days skiing now we only get 2.5 days there are no flights locally for Sunday evening flights home they have had nearly 2000 pounds for 3 months what I,m saying is they can just do what they want when they want to whom they want,we have already paid deposits on hotel and transfers dude
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
charlie26 wrote:
I,m saying is they can just do what they want when they want to whom they want

They've just offered you a full refund. I'm pretty certain that's not what they would really want, given the choice.

Quote:
we have already paid deposits on hotel and transfers dude

Deposits only? Again, not the end of the world. You presumably haven't yet had a chat with your insurers about cancellation coverage, either.

You've been mildly inconvenienced in terms of time and money. Perhaps you might save calling budget airlines a bunch of cunts until you end up stranded in a foreign country or a few thousand pounds out of pocket, hmm?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you look carefully at the spelling it was a set not a bunch and I put a extra dash in , deposits for 10 people for transfers and hotel cost 1200 you most have more money than most if you can afford to loose that money ,contacting 10 different insurers about cancellation is not my idea of fun,why should I be inconvenienced it was jet2 who just cancelled a flight with no reason when we tried to change a name it cost 88 quid when they cancel a flight you just get your money back that they have had on deposit for 3 months
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
charlie26 wrote:
If you look carefully at the spelling it was a set not a bunch and I put a extra dash in

The fact that you put dashes in means nothing. You know what the word was. I know what the word was. Everyone knows what you meant. You called them cunts. If you find it awkward having the word spelt out to you like that, perhaps you might re-evaluate your choice of words in future?

charlie26 wrote:
deposits for 10 people for transfers and hotel cost 1200 you most have more money than most if you can afford to loose that money

I can't afford to just throw away £1200, no. But in this case, this is 10 people, losing 120 quid each, which isn't nearly so bad. Dealing with 10 different insurers implies 10 different independent adults (but apologies if I've jumped to the wrong conclusion here) so you're presumably not on your own and bearing the entire brunt of the cost yourself?

charlie26 wrote:
why should I be inconvenienced it was jet2 who just cancelled a flight with no reason when we tried to change a name it cost 88 quid when they cancel a flight you just get your money back that they have had on deposit for 3 months

Margins are pretty thin for budget airlines. Not that they deserve your sympathy, but it is all those little bills that help keep them afloat.

But back to the original issue: Its a lousy situation to be in, and you have my sympathy. Your plans have been mucked up, and you're out of pocket. But remember: you haven't lost all your money, you aren't stuck in a foreign country, and you can still go skiing! I don't think you really need to unlimber the C-word just yet.

Given that you're flying from Geneva, presumably there are lots of alternative flights to other UK airports? Have you considered getting a coach back home from Luton, or somewhere similarly inconvenient?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
and lets be honest with the news over the last day or so with flying, there are fart worse things that can happen
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My return flight with Jet2 on 22nd March in evening also cancelled as I was only going for 2.5 days skiing was cheesed especially as they tried to shaft me for £45 to move to Monday flight (as opposed to Sunday lunchtime flight). I rang to complain about the £35 re booking fee part of that and they agreed to switch the flight at no extra cost. I'd book jet2 as ej not doing a Monday flight this year so I suppose I can call it a small victory
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
On the plus side you only need to pay for 3 day ski passes now.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hoping might get some time on the Thursday and Monday as well, so maybe 3 and a bit
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Considering we live in leeds a coach back to Luton is not going to happen,I have organised the trip for the last 5 years without a problem just to cancel a flight without any reason is wrong if the night flight was not twice as expensive as the lunch flight maybe more people would have booked and they would not have to cancel the flight as for the c word it is my option of jet2 due to past experiences. ,but I only
live 5 miles from the airport so it is to convent
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
charlie26, you have my sympathy. It's a lousy situation to be in.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Shimmy Alcott, agreed. I have organised a number of short breaks using late return flights and would have been very miffed. What makes it worse is the system for re booking or refunding. All of the onus is on the customer to do all of the work.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
KLM from Newcastle is an option. Early morning flight and a 19.30 flight back.

Newcastle to leeds is easy.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
glasgowcyclops, KLM will be loads more dosh and time as it is 2 flights each way. add an extra 80 miles each way on.
Your best bet for some skiing Thursday and a full day sunday is Liverpool Geneva with EJ... and very tired teddies on monday.
latest report
+1 for the Liverpool Geneva flights to make the most of a weekend trip. Leave around 7am on Thursday arriving in Geneva around 10am so you could get some of the afternoon skiing in most resorts if you are well organised.
Return flight from Geneva at around 9.30pm so most of the Sunday could be spent skiing and the journey to and from Leeds shouldn't be too bad at that time of day / night.
Prices are usually reasonable if booked in advance.

They've been running them a long time so no reason to suspect Easyjet will cancel them.
latest report
Have used easy jet flights before and we're fine then jet2 put on the evening flight which we have used for about 3 years will probably go with easy jet as they seem to stick to there times Laughing
snow report
And as far as I know they don't employ any Counts. I suppose Stelios is the nearest they had to European nobility.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 21-07-14 21:20; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Its just part of the ongoing struggle to run ski flights out of LBA. Monarch and Jet2 to Grenoble has been taxing to say the least over the last 3 years - search for my previous posts. I understand it is inconvenient but it is within the airlines gift to do this up to 2 weeks from the flight. Last year Monarch moved me from Sun to Sat flights and then just outside 2 weeks moved the return flight to Manchester from Leeds - all still acceptable under EU rules. Its not fair, its wrong and its kin inconvenient but unless enough of us complain to our MEPs its not going to change
snow report
What you're whinging about is just standard practice in the airline industry for locos especially in connection with marginal regional routes. If it was a guaranteed sell out service they wouldn't be cancelling it. Count yourself lucky that you've had 5 years of convenient service and/ or organise more formal consumer lobbying as above rather than just standard slagging off.
snow conditions
Annoying yes - but a full refund and SEVEN months to find an alternative means it is hardly the end of the world.
latest report
I thought part of a forum was to share your experiances good and bad ,but when you express your feelings that people disagree with you get slated ,in my mind Dave your option is shite
ski holidays
What option - getting off your bum and doing something positive to change consumer laws re airlines? Or the option of going more than 5 mins travel from home for a flight?

You started the slating. All people are doing is suggesting that it happens all the time and given you've 7 months to sort something out you might be better employed drying your eyes.
ski holidays
Your just a cock
snow report
charlie26 wrote:
You're just a cock

FIFY
snow conditions
charlie26 wrote:
Your just a cock

Congrats you win at tinterweb
snow report
Idiot ,but a suppose every village has one
snow conditions
sometimes more than one, but company is never a bad thing Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Popcorn anyone?

Charlie's opinion is not representative of the entire poplace of Leeds, although I share his general obsession with the nether regions, lack of punctuation and an wholesale inability to form a witty comeback.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy