Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pick a resort!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All
First post for me on here so I hope it goes well!
Looking for your well informed thoughts on my choice of resort for either 28th/29th March next year.
I have accumulated and considered a mountain of info on accommodation, transfer times, catering offered, area covered by lift pass and pretty much everything else you can think of. I now have a short list of resorts and hope to read enough feedback to finally make a choice. We are looking at 7 nights, myself, a strong intermediate and my 15 year old son who skied for the first time in April this year throughout Paradiski with amazing success for a first timer.
Given the relatively late departure, (snow reliability?) does any one have any thoughts on the following list,
Les Deux Alpes, Morzine, Cervinia, Sauze D'oux. I have also got quotes in Tignes, Courcheval and La Plagne but for a variety of reasons, including transfer times and quality of accommodation, I have put these at the bottom of my short list.
Advice from anyone with first hand experience of things like reliability of snow, quality of piste and ease of use/VFM of area pass will be welcomed. I am very much focused on the skiing and not concerned with apres ski etc.
Thanks for any advice offered.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hello broadsman Very Happy

Went to Cervinia early April this year. There was top to bottom skiing and good cover; the snow quality was great high up. Lower down was rock hard in the mornings and v choppy in the afternoon - guess would be like that anywhere at that time of season? - never skied that late before. Think Cervinia is officially open to May so reckon they are fairly certain they will have snow!

This was my fourth visit to Cervinia and me and OH found that we covered the area of the local pass in a day. We upgraded to a full pass for Zermatt for one day. We could have done with a few more days over in Zermatt (unfortunately finances couldn't stretch to that!) so think booking a full area pass would be a good idea. (The local pass covers another day skiing another resort but I don't think the area does). Skiing on the Cervinia side all fairly easy (many reds would be blue elsewhere) so good if you like bombing about but not if you want a challenge.

This time we stayed near the gondola and cable car which are good for getting up the mountain in the mornings. Previously stayed in main part of town; easy walk to chair lift but this does take longer to get to the top if you're going to Zermatt.

Hope this helps

MCL
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks for this- those conditions sound pretty similar to those we had in April in Paradiski. My quote includes the full pass so like the sound of the Zermatt side. The accommodation I have been quoted for is also near the gondola in Cervinia-Hotel Petit Palais so the location sounds good enough.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That is where we were. If its through crystal and you still get free drinks between 4.30 and 10.30, packed lunch and evening meal is quite a good deal. Food was better than we were expecting based on reviews. Beds weren't that comfy but bearable for a week. Think it would be worth paying the little extra for the rooms with a view.

Skiing over at Zermatt much more varied than Cervinia side
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy