Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What will the piste/snow be like in Superdevoluy over Christmas?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well no one knows, of course! Is the obvious answer, but I've booked a week & wondered how efficient the snow cannons are & what the pistes are like generally over Christmas. So if anyone has any experince of this resort please do let me know. I'm especially interested in the blue & green runs as this will be our first holiday without ski lessons & I will be out & about with my 2 children whizzing all over the mountains trying to prove that as the adult among us I am still the best & fastest among us and not a fuddy duddy old "has been" that can't keep up!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
gary, how old are the kids? Mine are 11 and 13 and far faster than me. Not got a clue about the snow, mind
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Dobby, My kids are 14 & nearly 12. My kids think they're better than me, but I just stay safe & slow for them. Last time we went skiing my daughter managed to hurtle past me at one point shouting "keep up old man!" much to the delight of a nearby couple who thought it was hilarious.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
gary, my kids never go too far ahead of me. I've got the money for lunch and drinks. It's the only way I can keep them from speeding off.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Went there about 4/5 years ago on a three-day press trip - Crystal/Thomson were pushing it with free lift passes as it was a new resort for them.
Went in January as I recall, and snow wasn't great, but there seemed to be a reasonable amount of snow-making available. It's linked with another small resort, Joue de Loup, and in total has about 100k of piste - not huge, but sounds like enough for your requirements, mostly friendly green/blue and easy reds.
Unless things have changed dramatically in the last four or so years, it's a quiet resort - mostly French, with a sprinkling of Dutch and Italians, with high proportion of apartments and a couple of big hotels. Nightlife was pretty limited, and there is a handful of decent restaurants. Meribel it ain't, but it's a nice, uncomplicated, unpretentious resort - hope you enjoy it!
If you get the chance, go on a guided night-time snowshoe walk through the nearby forest. If it is a clear night it really is an amazing experience, and the kids should love it.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
gary, Christmas really is one of the most unpredictable times of year. And snow cannons are no use, of course, unless it's cold. But generally it'd be OK - and that's about all anyone can tell you. As you've booked, why worry? It'll almost certainly be much, much, better than Christmas spent eating too much in front of the telly in the UK.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We have an apartment in la joue du loup so ski pretty regular at Christmas ..... Snow generally good but may need to focus at the higher levels as can be a little light down in the resort.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've been looking on the LeDevoluy.com webcams and there seems to be some snow there now. I'm assuming that most of it is from the artificial snow-making machines, but as long as we can ski we'll be happy. Are any other Snowheads going to be in SuperDevoluy or La Joue du Loup over Christmas, if so it would be nice to meet up at some point. I'll be skiing with my 2 kids (14 & 12).
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@pam w, do you copy and paste that speech into every 'how much snow will there be at Christmas' thread? Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@philipb, but it's not bad advice, is it? Anyway, I'm still chuckling from @pam w's entry on the "branding" thread.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Very depressing looking at la joue du loup webcams .... (Just had a new webcam on www.ledevoluy.com it looks good but makes the slopes look green) I'm arriving 31/12/14 for 4/5 days ... My son is 14 years
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi Any update for the last few days at la joue du loup or Superdevoluy? the snow looks ok but the website still says there are only 6 runs open can any give any form of update please!! Cheers Pete
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy