Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Winter jobs in the Alps

Poster: A snowHead
Had this general email. As have many others I'm sure!

http://www.skiweekends.com/General/About%20Us/current-vacancies

My only link is that I've had a couple of good trips with them.

Maybe we could all flag up any jobs we hear about on this thread for those that want to find work this season?

Note: that snowHeads advertising rules means that you are not allowed to advertise your own vacancies.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 10-07-14 16:28; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
From a FB message

PT Ski are just starting to recruit for winter staff for next season. We have always been fortunate to find fantastic people to work for us and if you or someone you know think you are up to the challenge then we would love to hear. Applicants should be strong skiers and have a full driving licence. They should also be over 21 (for insurance purposes), charismatic, professional and have a strong work ethic. CVs should be sent to info@ptski.com.

https://www.facebook.com/ptskiklosters?ref=ts&fref=ts
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Other opportunities are here http://www.ice-fire.co.uk/about-us/ski-season-work-with-us
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://www.savoieholidays.com/jobs.html

I've previously holidayed with them and worked for them, and would recommend them for both.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Resort jobs as well

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sun 28-09-14 16:41; edited 3 times in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I saw this job advertised looks good?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
These guys are pretty good so Im told

http://www.skiamis.com/jobs/jobs.htm

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 8-01-15 17:55; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ski amis are an awful company to work for, there is no care for hygiene or food standards, staff are treated abysmally hence one chalet having 11 chalet hosts last season. Driving regulations also off flouted. There are many more reputable companies to work for and holiday with for that matter.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
julietp, it's the sad reality that you could say that about most budget to mid-market British TOs. If only guests knew that all their food for the week was hauled up the mountain in unrefrigerated minibuses then jammed into overloaded and inefficient fridges, or that the minibus driver had never driven anything bigger than a Corsa, and certainly never on ice, before picking up their kids for ski school. Anyways, I think if we mentioned them all there'd be a torrent of legal panic...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
This job with Alpine Elements is for a maintenance person, sounds like an easy life
http://jobs.alpineelements.co.uk/job/246/maintenance-person-at-alpine-elements-ltd/

And a good selection from Ski Espirit etc here, also cookery course details for your aspiring chalet slaves.
http://www.workaseason.com
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
boredsurfin,the first of those companies has, in my experience, the worst reputation of any in the alps as an employer... You're right that maintenance is normally an easy life, but that depends on the quality of the chalets / hotels in the first place.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Agreed, boredsurfin, I've never heard anything good about working for them. Don't know if their summer operation is any better, but all the feedback I've read for their winter stuff has been along the lines of 'Don't do it'.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
20 top interview tips!

Anyone wanting to do a ski season has probably heard just how many applicants there are for each job (even with the worst companies), and many applicants are also young without much interview experience.

This handy guide should help you stand out and succeed where others simply blend into the background. Share with anyone you think may need help : 20 top interview tips!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
albinomountainbadger,
Quote:

julietp, it's the sad reality that you could say that about most budget to mid-market British TOs. If only guests knew that all their food for the week was hauled up the mountain in unrefrigerated minibuses then jammed into overloaded and inefficient fridges, or that the minibus driver had never driven anything bigger than a Corsa, and certainly never on ice, before picking up their kids for ski school. Anyways, I think if we mentioned them all there'd be a torrent of legal panic...

Spot on.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
That's brilliant, had me laughing out loud
latest report
The interview tips that is!
snow report
This job offered FREE SKIING for a month pay etc http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1930593
I wonder if the jobs are on offer for this coming season?
ski holidays
www.mountainrooms.com Run by a friend of my sister. All in Val D. Elder daughter got offered job season before last bot ended opting for hosting job in VT with big TO, Had the time of her life.
http://www.mountainrooms.com/val-disere-accommodation/staff.htm
latest report
Quote:

Holiday pay based on pro-rata 20 days per annum (after 13 weeks of service)

Perhaps not the single biggest issue with UK TO employment practices, but I thought holiday entitlement accrues from start of employment at a rate of a minimum of 28 days / year (often expressed as 20 + bank holidays)...
snow conditions
Nope. 20 days is minimum.
snow report
Following on from the comments above who are the Alpine employers to be avoided and why?
latest report
boredsurfin, small employers can be bad, but if you wish to have a pleasant working environment with tools that work, and the means to address client issues quickly and efficiently, then generally speaking, anyone with more than ten chalets and the associated layers of management and economies of scale should be avoided.

The fiercest complaints I've heard from season workers don't relate to the pay or conditions (as these are predictably bad from the outset if they read the contract), but the reluctance of some anonymous manager far removed in London to authorise the money to replace or repair their cooker, jacuzzi or vacuum cleaner.
snow conditions
I knew my previous season payed me a little more than some, but have just got the contract through for a job I might take with a big TO - I didn't realise the wages could be quite that bad! Shocked Another interview this week so I'll see how that goes before I send back this contract...
snow report
Quote:

Following on from the comments above who are the Alpine employers to be avoided and why?

I set up a website to answer that question! Have a look at some of the reviews, you get a decent idea of who you'd prefer to work for! www.seasonnaireweb.com (and we have some job adverts up too!)
snow conditions
dheason, Great site, best tell those employers to get over to snowHeads and start advertising their jobs for free Very Happy
OOPs, I mean get their friends etc... wink
snow conditions
Bar Cuba advertising jobs on Facebook. Pretty cool advert (most guys will think so, anyway).
snow report
Chalet Chardons also advertising on Facebook
snow report
Quote:

dheason, Great site, best tell those employers to get over to snowHeads and start advertising their jobs for free
OOPs, I mean get their friends etc...

I'm pleased to say that at the moment I'm doing the ads for free myself, Snowheads recruiting very welcome!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ulmerhutte wrote:
Bar Cuba advertising jobs on Facebook. Pretty cool advert (most guys will think so, anyway).

Do you have a screengrab for that? (I'm probably too old to see an ad for bar staff.. Sad

Can I also recommend www.natives.co.uk as a place to look around for a ski job? Possibly not as good as it used to be but still not bad wink
latest report
Ski solutions advertising for some senior staff
http://www.skisolutions.com/careers
snow report
iainm wrote:
ulmerhutte wrote:

Do you have a screengrab for that? (I'm probably too old to see an ad for bar staff.. Sad

Can I also recommend www.natives.co.uk as a place to look around for a ski job? Possibly not as good as it used to be but still not bad wink

Laughing
snow conditions
From an email on ChamSocial - chalet jobs in Chamonix:

Quote:
Amazon Creek are recruiting for the coming winter season in Chamonix. We are looking for experienced staff to work in our luxury 5* chalets. The roles we have available are: Chalet Host, Chalet Driver, or Chalet Chef/Host. We recruit via the UK so a UK bank account and National Insurance number required.

Please send us your CV to enquiries@amazoncreek.co.uk for further information.
ski holidays
Here are two of the more interesting ones that have cropped up recently:

1) Year round resort accountant in Morzine: http://morzinesourcemagazine.com/job/resort-accountant/

2) Mobile ski tech in Meribel
Quote:
Looking for a winter season job?

Slidecandy is a small, slick and quality mobile ski rental business operating in Meribel. We are now recruiting mobile fitters for the winter 14/15 season.

Previous ski and boot fitting experience in either sales or rental an advantage.
Proven customer service skills, full clean driving license and passion for all things winter sports essential. (Our vehicle insurance requires that you are over 25.)

The position is on the road but customer facing: delivering and fitting the best quality ski rental kit to some of Meribel’s most luxurious chalets. We strive for the highest standards of customer service and the product is one that you can really be proud of.

Plenty of snow time, excellent rates of pay and an experienced, amiable team full of keen riders who’ll be more than happy to show you where the powder is at!

Please check out our website www.slidecandy.com.
For more info or to apply in writing: email helen@slidecandy.com.
snow conditions
Mark Warner looking for nannies - dunno how I heard about that one...

Spitting feathers pub in la plague recruiting staff. Need to speak some French and be up for the Craic. Tim@spitting-feathers.com
snow report
Those lovely people at Ice and fire are looking for staff
http://www.ice-fire.co.uk/about-us/ski-season-work-with-us

Quote:
We are now recruiting for the 2014/15 season - last few positions!

There is no other experience quite like working a ski season. Working with Ice and Fire offers you the chance to spend a winter season in La Plagne in the beautiful French Alps. You'll have the opportunity to ski or snowboard for 5 months, to meet friends for life, to learn new skills and to live and work in an amazing environment.
snow report
Job's in the 3V's

https://www.facebook.com/publeskilodge

Quote:
Pub Le Ski Lodge & La Taiga in La Tania and Lodge du Village in Meribel Village are looking for highly motivated, professional, quality staff for Winter 2015.

If you have what it takes then send your CV, photo and covering letter detailing your experience and why you'll be an asset to our team this Winter.

We're looking for barstaff, waiters, chefs, kitchen staff, cleaners, admin, security and managers.

Relevant experience, some French language skills, EU residency or working visa & driving licence all an advantage plus a sense of humour, big smile and personality essential.

Benefits include top rates of pay, accommodation, staff meals and bonuses.

Send via email only please to takemeontim@gmail.com and make sure there's a telephone number included if we need to contact you.
latest report
If you're looking in the 3Vs, there's a Facebook group just for that. Its called " Job's in the 3 Valleys " (yes the errant apostrophe is there).
snow report
If the UK leaves the EU .

All the UK based work contracts will cease.

UK based companys will have to move & incorporate themselves locally, pay staff in Euros , taxes & local social contributions.
snow conditions
Ted from White Descents posted about jobs in Ötztal today on Facebook, either get in touch there or pm him on here (whitedescents I think?).
snow report
I'm sure that I had an email or something from Mountainsun about positions available, but can't find it now... Anyways, there is some info here on their website http://mountainsunltd.com/recruiting-staff-coming-winter/

Ah, spotted it. It was on their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/mountainsunltd
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy