Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The All New 14/15 Weather Outlook Thread

Poster: A snowHead
Been snowing since around 04:00 here in Serre, but light light light, and only around 10cm in the jardin atop the bird table (see cam link below in sig)

Stayed in the trees so hardly went above 2300 and no wind, and did go through to bottom quite often, but better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick though skiing trees that's could always happen.

Heavier stuff hopefully later as forecast Confused
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
admin has posted that it's just started snowing in Kronplatz. Any chance of an update on the wigglies for Saturday in and around Arabba? Snowmageddon on the Italian passes can't happen two years on the trot. Can it? Shocked
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Pedantica, I don't think so, very little snow has been forecast for Arabba in the next few days. Unless it's all changed. Maybe some more mid week.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I won't guestimate snowfall again until at least it's bright. I didn't see too much on road but subsequently twigged they've been clearing it all night.

Anyway Tignes has had steady snow and getting heavier since they put up 18cm as last night's official total. The bad start to the season is officially over
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
All sorts of "let's not have it happen twice ine the season" warnings going out...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
As @peanuthead says: snowing hard in Tignes, and don't look like stopping.
Interesting that official figure was 18cm overnight (7 inches) - certainly seemed a lot more to me wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just had fantastic day in Val d'isere. Visibility not great but with a guide the accesible off piste is just great. One of the best days I've had. Our guide (Patrick Speziali, great guy) did a quick measure at end of fay and reckoned we've had 40 cm and its still snowing!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
chocksaway wrote:
@Raven, Its a bit windy in Tignes and Radio Val reporting 62kph at height - St Foy would be a better bet today! Note of caution though - its avalanche risk 4 - beware the powder fever........

I skied Les Arcs today. Lots of closed lifts but plenty of tree lined runs to keep me amused. Some of the lifts were a bit of an ordeal with the sideways blowing snow but still had a great day. Crowds weren't too bad. I'm guessing the conditions kept many inside.

Still snowing down in Bourg St a Maurice.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Jonpim, normally they don't update the snowfall amounts until after lunch which makes me assume that measurement was taken very early and doesn't reflect accumulated snow by 9am which must have been over 30cm
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Jonpim, normally they don't update the snowfall amounts until after lunch which makes me assume that measurement was taken very early and doesn't reflect accumulated snow by 9am which must have been over 30cm
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@peanuthead, accumulating your post that makes 90cm.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Not sure 90 cm fallen quite. Maybe around 50cm in total. Wait for tomorrow's updated total
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@waynos, Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
peanuthead wrote:
Not sure 90 cm fallen quite. Maybe around 50cm in total. Wait for tomorrow's updated total

You missed the joke. You posted three times that 30cm had fallen. Very Happy
ski holidays
@peanuthead, lol
ski holidays
Feckin wifi have to press submit 3 times

Still chucking down. Just saw someone ski down the road
ski holidays
It looks like next week will be a fantastic mix of fresh snow and exciting mountain weather all across the northern side of the alpine ridge

I'm officially excited, which is very rare at my age Smile
latest report
Likewise - Champagny on Sunday - can't wait!
snow report
So.... Howmany people here really want to ski 90cm of ungroomed possibly heavy fresh snow? In a blizzard, probably with wind...?
snow conditions
@under a new name, not sure you need to ski , in those conditions I have been standing still and thought I was still moving. Laughing
snow conditions
Quote:

How many people here really want to ski 90cm of ungroomed possibly heavy fresh snow? In a blizzard, probably with wind...?

And with lots of lift closed and maximum avalanche risk. Not me. I've not been out all day though tomorrow I think I am going to have to mount an expedition to the dustbins. There's been scarcely any sign of life, other than the regular appearance of the snowplough. The neighbours all seem to have gone to ground.
ski holidays
@Scot_Ski, @pam w, Very Happy

Kind of my point.

I shall be heading low and into trees.
latest report
@pam w, you're so extreme Toofy Grin

Snowing a wee bit better down in the deep Sarf, all of 20+cms

Having a slight domestic with OH as to whether it's worth doing first lifts.

I'm still like a kid on Christmas Eve when it's like this with the prospect of pressies to open in the morning Cool

Just charge through them trees..................
snow conditions
@Weathercam, I'm terribly excited about the snow, been looking out of the window and squeaking all day long. Just not going skiing in 90cms of ungroomed in a blizzard.
snow conditions
Fortunately just down the road from Tignes is St Foy.
Sheltered and lots of trees.
Was just bliss today.
Still snowing hard here in Tignes - so much for snowforecast figure of 33cm.
Was 1cm on top of my pizza box walking back from the Arbina just now.
snow report
@pam w, just get in those trees and shred the birches / larches (insert your native tree in your location ) Laughing

When you driving through Frejus ?

This is the bird table ce soir a few mins ago (see link below in sig)

Was super smooth till one of the chiens decided to walk around and have a pee.

I don't think I've ever known it snow for so long and yet so little accumulation Sad
snow report
Still snowing in Val D'isere, have a feeling tomorrow is going to be a good day!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@under a new name,
And that's why you're coming to morzine!
snow report
Quote:

Saturday morning.
snow conditions
pam w wrote:
Quote:

Saturday morning.

Could be interesting like you said maybe behind snow ploughs up to the tunnel, though I suspect could well be snowy down to Susa

Anyway snow still not as deep to do this yet:)

http://youtube.com/v/thH4SLK5nms
ski holidays
@Weathercam, LOL!
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
@Weathercam, I'm terribly excited about the snow, been looking out of the window and squeaking all day long. Just not going skiing in 90cms of ungroomed in a blizzard.

I have been squeaking for almost a week - and blizzard or not 90cm of pow is worth getting up early for Happy

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
That dog is half goose.
snow conditions
Some cold, cold weather coming up. ECM and GFS seeing temperatures in the Alps and Pyrenees from tomorrow we'll below average for at least 10 days.

And snow too...

ski holidays
It finally seems to have stopped snowing in Bourg. I was woken by snow ploughs again at 6am There is an impressive amount of accumulated snow on the top of some parked cars here.
snow conditions
Still snowing in Tignes but rather windy.
ski holidays
@stewart woodward, stopped snowing here (Serre Che) but as feared damn windy, and that's in resort at 1400m Crying or Very sad
snow report
@peanuthead, snow now just a trickle (but windy)
Have looked round various sites - where is posted the "official figure" of snow fallen?
ski holidays
Seems to have stopped snowing in Val D'isere but does look windy so not sure what will be open. Detonations going off all over. At a guess I'd say about another 30-40 cm overnight on top of yesterdays snow.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy