Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

snow train dates

Poster: A snowHead
Hi There does anyone know when the date is when you can start to book the snowtrain {eurostar}
cheers Daz
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I asked Eurostar last week and they said that normally it's July / august time but they haven't been informed of the exact date. They said that the announcement will be in the newsletter if you sign up to it
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It was around the end of July last year, look at a similar post from 2013 here - http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=100791&highlight=
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Is it still a daytime train (what's the point in that) or is there a "sit up all night" affair? In either case I'll stick to Eurostar to Paris and couchette on the French overnight train.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
92 days ahead:

http://www.seat61.com/lunea.htm
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
altis, Yup. (used to be 90 days but sometimes they break their own rules and offer a bunch of dates early which is REALLY annoying if you miss the cheap tickets or even the train is full!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Is it still a daytime train (what's the point in that

Well my parents (79/77) aren't that keen on travelling over night on the train and like the timings as makes it easy to get to. I suspect people with kids have similar views. Strange as it may be, not everyone is desperate for an extra days skiing but just want to travel via train.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

92 days ahead:

That's for the change-in-Paris variants. I think wedition is after the direct Eurostar services, which is normally bookable for the whole season from July/August as others have said.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ah my lovely Snowheads, I was just coming to post the exact same question!

Does anyone know if there is there a mailing list to get on in case I am a div and miss the first booking dates? We need to book a direct train for 28th March returning the following Saturday - or rather at least compare prices against flights+transfers.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
always29, You could try this one - http://uk.voyages-sncf.com/eNewsletter

The old Rail Europe site has been replaced by the voyages-sncf.com site recently so bookings now have to be made through them. You should receive information from them when the tickets go on sale.

This link gives details of routes from London to the French ski resorts http://uk.voyages-sncf.com/en/destination/france/ski-resorts
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thank you, skichampcouk, duly signed up. Fingers crossed we can get 4 tickets for when we need them for a good price Smile
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
In case anyone needed to know and had not had an email etc - http://www.eurostar.com/uk-en/eurostar-deals/eurostar-train-deals/trains-france/ski-train-the-alps#.U9Vf02OwWAs Eurostar website has an on sale notice of 31 July. I am assuming first thing - does anyone else know what sort of time they start? Thank you Smile
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Does anyone know the best way to book The eurostar to Paris and then the couchette to Bourg Saint Maurice.

And would anyone have a ball park price of what it cost last year. I'd be likely looking at the first or second week in Jan going out on the Fri eve returning the Saturday (8 days later).

Is the best way to book these tickets seperately or as one continuous journey? If so the London to Paris leg is available now for £34.50 single.

I just don't want to book those fares now and find out the couchette is out of our price range having booked non-flex eurostar tickets.

We took the Eurostar + TVG last year to VDI UCPA and loved it, the sleeper appeals this year.

Many Thanks

Matt
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Got online at 07:10 - bit later than had planned to
Got tickets for £169 rtn each for 10 Jan to Bourg on the Day Train
Not as good as the £149 I managed last year, but better than the £209 the year before.
Happy with that...good luck booking.
Plenty of seats left for that quietish week. snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just booked too. My sincere apologies and condolences in advance to anyone traveling near us for confining 2 small boys on a train for 8 hours.
ski holidays
Is it just me, or has the booking site suddenly gone tits up? I managed to get as far as choosing an outbound train, and then it just kept repeatedly failing and dumping me back to the home page, or telling me that there were no inbound trains that I could book. Now there's just lots of weird errors popping up.

Should have booked before breakfast Sad

edit: looks like its just one magic combination of dates that's causing breakage. if i lose one day from either end, it lets me book fine. Sad
edit 2: everything works for me now. panic over!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 31-07-14 20:07; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Just been looking at site for parents for travel 28 March. Anyone know if I am right in thinking the semi-flexible ticket would provide refund if they didn't travel? Seems to imply it can be cancelled.

We are planning to book last minute, but they want to reserve seats, but obviously if snow is poor or other reasons, we may not go.

Or any views on whether seats still be available then?
ski holidays
Richard_Sideways, it's not so bad - it's only 6 hours 46 mins. How much havoc can a 3 & 5 year old wreak in that time?!
ski holidays
Bradlex, Normally the Eurostar tickets are available 120 days from the date of travel and the SNCF couchettes from 90 days before (from midnight, normally). It is important to get them when they become available as there are cheaper tickets which sell out quickly for the Friday night out, Saturday night return dates. However, annoyingly, sometimes they break their own rules and some SNCF tickets are released in a batch. I think you need to register with http://uk.voyages-sncf.com/eNewsletter to be told about that.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy