Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Congratulations to SARAH on passing her BASI L1

Poster: A snowHead
After months of cajoling, failed meet ups in Morzine and "just do it" type comments from myself and various BASS instructors....

Not only did she book it, she passed it!

Well done Sarah!

Lots of hard work has paid off!

Now the L2 Razz NehNeh Mr. Green Blue Toofy Grin Puzzled
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Congrats Sarah Cool.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks kitenski and spyderjon Very Happy Much appreciated! And thanks for keeping my secret safe, guys Embarassed

spyderjon my skis performed admirably thank you Cool

Honestly, I don't know what I am feeling now, it's more of an enormous relief than elation at the moment Laughing

It's been a very tough week! Had a beer with the other guys on the course and am now home where my long suffering husband is bringing me champagne and tapas Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oh and kitenski, the thought of the L2 at present is Skullie Skullie Skullie
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sarah, Well done! Just shadowing, 1st aid, etc to go Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
sarah, You kept that quiet!! Evil or Very Mad Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sounds great, well done you! I daresay we will get together again at some point. Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Claude B, thanks so much Smile Lots of opportunities to shadow so that will be ok, there's a 1st aid course next week that I might just do.

Megamum, yes and you have skied with me so you should understand why I kept it quiet Embarassed Laughing I had to dig deep, believe me!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sarah, really well done - terrific. Now I understand why you gave what I thought was a very technical comment to something a few months ago.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pamski, did I? Embarassed Embarassed thank you Smile
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
sarah wrote:
...I had to dig deep, believe me!

The best way to pass wink Well done!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well done sarah!! snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
balernoStu, thanks so much, means a lot having heard what you went through Smile

queen bodecia, ah thanks so much Little Angel
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
sarah, congratulations.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hells Bells, thanks Smile
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
When you sober up can you share what you learnt, changed etc??
snow conditions
Congrats sarah, on passing, hope you enjoy the champagne and tapas snowHead

Where did you do the course ?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 6-06-14 21:33; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
kitenski, yes but first I must say a huge thank you to you for the patiently and usefully answered barrage of PMs you had to deal with Laughing Embarassed
ski holidays
sarah, very well done. snowHead
latest report
Well done sarah; which one were you on the course? I assume you were at Hemel with Ali?
latest report
pam w, thank you Smile

scooby_simon, thanks but nah! I am a proper northerner and was at CFe with the awesome Andy Jerram snowHead
snow report
I will have seen you there then wink Had a few quick words with Andy this week ( did not get to go yesterday or today though as too busy Sad )
snow conditions
Congratulations!Happy
ski holidays
speed098, who are you? Describe yourself!!! Oh and you missed the best snow then Cool

Iski, thanks Smile
ski holidays
I was the one in the orange ski jacket, black pants ( and need to loose weight Crying or Very sad ).

Wish I could have made it today but did not get finished with work on Thursday and by time finished today it was getting close to teatime and traffic round Trafford Centre is hell so will be going back on Monday.
latest report
speed098, when were you there? I don't recall seeing anyone of that description, then again to say I was totally focussed on the course would be an understatement Laughing There could have been people skiing naked and I may not have noticed them, that's how wrapped up I was Laughing
latest report
I was there Monday and Tuesday for two hours each day around late morning and on Wednesday for most of the day, started around 10:30 am and finished around 4:30.

What colour jacket were you wearing ? I did not talk to any of the ladies on the course but did speak to a few of the guys in the lift queue and at the top ( the younger lad and the guy in the drab green jacket ).

There was a lady with a purple jacket and pants another with a turquoise jacket and black pants and another with sky blue jacket and pink pants not sure which was you and would have said hi if I had known.
ski holidays
sarah, congratulations!
ski holidays
speed098, wow!!!! 10 out of 10 for observation Shocked fortunately you have missed one lady out and so I shall remain anonymous Laughing Laughing

rob@rar, thanks so much, I may seek you out if I can escape down Sarf Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
sarah, congratulations! Very Happy
snow conditions
speed098, just re-read your post which said you were around all day Wed, well Wed was the worst and I was so focussed that if the place had been on fire around me I might not have noticed Shocked Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Pedantica, thank you Very Happy
ski holidays
There was another lady with a pink ski helmet ?

Did everyone pass ? ( hope so ).

If you look at the retuning addict thread you will see me trying to ski same jacket just yellow pants on that one.
latest report
speed098,

Everyone passed Very Happy Andy said it was rare that he could say this. Some people worked incredibly hard and made some amazing changes snowHead

I will look out for you snowHead
snow report
Glad to hear everyone passed snowHead

Was not sure about the young lad in the blue hoody he was struggling with short turns but was working really hard to improve.

Can say this next bit now wink

Part of what I was talking to Andy about was how you were all a high std for L1.
snow conditions
speed098, Glad you thought so! That caused a fair bit of stress initially. Some people were at L2+ standard so that was tough for the rest of us Shocked
snow conditions
sarah wrote:
speed098,

I will look out for you snowHead

snowHead Would be nice to say hi. I have only met a couple of Snowheads so far.
ski holidays
sarah wrote:
speed098, Glad you thought so! That caused a fair bit of stress initially. Some people were at L2+ standard so that was tough for the rest of us Shocked

Yep part of my discussion with Andy wink

If you find others above your std and the person taking the course likes what they are doing just look on them as extra demo's of what you need to work on. Keeps things fresher in your mind for each run. ( just make sure what they are doing is right though wink ).
ski holidays
Agree with speed098, strong skiers in the group can be a good thing if it pushes others on. Might feel. intimidating when an assessment is going on, but skiing with better skiers is often touted as the best way to improve.
snow report
Well Done Sarah
Brava young lady snowHead
latest report
speed098, balernoStu, yes I can see that and a lot of stuff we did involved us working in pairs on stuff which was really good. It did definitely feel intimidating initially though as some of them were so far above the level.

franzClammer, thank you very much Very Happy But I am not young, I was the oldest on my course by far, that was tough too Laughing And you will not know this but you provided me with a lot of motivation to go and do it in the end, so thanks for that Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy