Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

advice needed

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi everyone

am doing my L2 basi in december in val d'isere this year and i had a couple of q's as i am trying to plan what to do after that one.......

for L3 you need a second discipline i have done a bit of boarding so initially thought that might be an option, can anyone tell me how competent you need to be on a board to pass this? but i have also thought that adaptive might be a fun and rewarding route? anyone any thoughts on this?

has anyone done any of the L3 modules like common theory and coaching before you pass L2 as i believe you can do this ?

if i manage to pass i would like to do a couple of peak weeks skiing n he coming season, any ideas on who it would be good to approach about this?

any other ideas / input much appreciated

cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not sure about your other questions, but this thread might be worth reading if you haven't already.
"Tips, info ideas on training and passing BASI L3"
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=110745

For this...

Quote:

if i manage to pass i would like to do a couple of peak weeks skiing n he coming season, any ideas on who it would be good to approach about this?

...I think Interski is typically the answer. I'm in a similar position to you and wondering what chance there would be of getting work for a couple of peak weeks given that I won't have my L2 licence until December (assuming all goes to plan) and whether places like Interski would already have sorted out all the instructors they need for the season by then.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ring them up and ask
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
cheers guys, i have got all those links ready to read..... does anyone know if there's any literature on the the spoken module of basi 3? i.e. second language? i have basic french but am guessing that there is some info somewhere?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
does anyone know if it possible to due adaptive level one at the weekends rather than a straight 5 day course?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You can get a hold of the pass criteria for each of the assessments, but they're quite hard to put into context for your own riding. For snowboarding, I put in a solid day or two on a dry slope, then a day indoors... Showed up to the L1 as the worst person on the course, but I could put into practice all the things the trainer was telling me, and had a good technical understanding from skiing. I passed by the skin of my teeth and wouldn't recommend that little time and effort. On the technical side we were having to carve cleanly, get grippy short turns, do little 180 hops in traverses, and similar for riding cab/switch. Plus all the teaching part of it which is the same as alpine.

Ring the office about L3 common theory before L2, as it might not be available for booking online, it might not be unlocked as an option... but should be fine. Coaching is definately ok. Off Piste stuff, you need your L2 first.

Contact interski, all the schools in switzerland (ES, NewGen, Optimum, etc), Austria, and there's another company like Interski but I can't remember the name (works in saas fee and a few other places.)

Good luck, maybe see you in Val
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
TerryJamesWalker wrote:

and there's another company like Interski but I can't remember the name (works in saas fee and a few other places.)

Is that maybe snowtraxx you're thinking of? I know a few who've had good work with them.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
For peak season work, have a look at where most of the English school tour ops go (Zell am see and saalbach for starters) and get in touch with ski schools there. They are often desperate for instructors who can do feb 1/2 term and Easter as they need 2 or 3 times the no of instructors than they do the rest of the season.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ajc2260626 wrote:
does anyone know if it possible to due adaptive level one at the weekends rather than a straight 5 day course?

Yes, is the short answer. Look out for the courses in the calendar that have weird dates that look like a typo (ie they look like they run over 10 days), and give BASI office a ring.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
thanks for all the answers have made contact with a few people so will see how we go from here..... is anyone on here attending the BASI 2 course in val d'isere with ICE first two weeks of december?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ajc2260626, I was thinking about it, but the NewGen one in Courchevel starting one week later is looking more likely for me as it saves coming home for a week before our Christmas family trip.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy