Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski X performance clinic at Hemel snow centre

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just a quick post.

Had the pleasure of going along to the ski cross performance centre at Hemel Hempstead snow centre on Thursday night.

It's a new venture by Ed Drake aimed at developing ski cross skills in the British Snowsports scene. And seemed great value at £40 for two hours coaching including your slope time, so only a fiver more than two hours slope time.

The format was three coaches for a group of around 12 of us. We sessioned three kickers with the emphasis on getting over them smooth and fast with minimum flight time and good technique. Towards the end thy had us going over following close behind each other and also going over elbow to elbow.

As someone who'd never done more than a couple of runs down a ski cross course before I felt I definitely improved and was more comfortable with more speed and direction towards the end.

All in, it was well worth the money and a really enjoyable couple of hours on the snow. I'm already looking forward to the next one in two weeks time.

Mike
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mike, do you or the coaches have any online media of these sessions? Skiercross was imv one of the best events to watch of the Sochi games, and great to hear the vibe is continuing in a UK dome.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
balernoStu, it's all pretty new at the moment so no massive fancy websites etc but check it out here.
http://skixperformancecentre.com
There's a Facebook page etc as well.
Can't wait til Thursday
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy