Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz info' needed please!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're off there in Feb, looks like we'll be hiring a car from Geneva, I know it's traffic free, so where do we park? any recommencations on restaurants, bars etc?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bigpig, driving to Avoriaz adds about 40 mins to the PDS journey and the 40 mins is up a well cleared but winding mountain switchback. You park either in a big open car park or, I believe, you can pay more to park underground. If it was me, I'd park underground.

Even better, unless you reckon you might be resort hopping, why not get a taxi? Saves you either having to get your car dug out by JCB if there's a dump or finding you've left the lights on a week late.

Here's some thoughts courtesy of a mate:

RESTAURANTS

Top of the range

Hotel Dromonts (bottom of village) - Where the beautiful people hang out Spectacular architecture, famous chef, international cuisine, set menu is good value

La Reserve (top of village) - Best of the rest, top french cuisine, great wines

Cheap n cheerful

Wild Horse Saloon (centre, opposite Village des Enfants) American/Mexican (almost) fast food. when you just can't face any more
molten cheese!

APRES SKI/EVENING

Le Tavaillon (opposite tourist office) - mission control for the brits, football etc

The Place (above the Wild Horse) - the Scandinavian live music bar

CLUBS

Le Choucas (under La Cabane) - Big, loud, international, and live bands

Le Festival (opposite Village des Enfants) - Classic French discotheque! think Sat nite fever......

Hope that helps,

David.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the info' David, unfortunately a taxi looks prohibitively expensive, (two adults and two kids), plus our flight times are a little awkward, so it's not really an option. Looks like I'll have to risk the road up from Morzine. I cycled it a few years ago in the summer but I imagine it'll be a different kettle of haddock in Feb!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
bigpig, it should be OK, I used to drive it a couple of times a week and it was rarely (never?) an issue. You could always park at Prodains and take the cable care up.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy