Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2014/2015 (Folks that a Wrap 2014/15 season)

Poster: A snowHead
stanton wrote:
16:30

Very Heavy rain in St Anton this afternoon & still continuing.
Unfortunatly raining up to
Should change to snow later tonight.
Pray4Snow

Just cannot get a break can we? A few degrees lower and heavy rain is a blizzard. Why oh why.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Skied Lech , Zurs and StAnton today. Rain became main feature unfortunately but pistes are holding up and if rain turns to snow tonight will help.
Friends been to Ischgl which still sounds best but I wouldn't rule Lech and Zurs out.
Zurs opened runs today and more pisted ready to open for weekend.
Pray for snow !
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We are thinking we will hire a car and ski 3 days in Ischgl and then see if conditions improve later in the week in Lech. We are staying from 21st to 28th. The ski company said they will refund us for the
Lech passes if we don't use them. Does anyone think this sounds like an ok idea? The van hire would be 610 euro and if Ski Total are charging 99euro per person per day, with 8 of us that would soon mount up to a horrific amount. It annoys me that a company I have already paid a fortune to for a holiday are trying to make more money out of our misfortune!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Ajn12345, I wouldn't be chasing over to Ischgl. There'll be plenty open if you stay high in St Anton, Lech and Zurs. If you did fancy an odd day over in Ischgl I'd say get a pre-booked taxi bus between say 6 of you (Isseponi or Harry) and you'll do it for about 20-25€ a head maximum return to Galtur (not Ischgl). I reckon you may be pleasantly surprised, stay put is my advice, and enjoy your holidays with an odd bit of après thrown in, no place better for Xmas.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Redwine, ignore the doom-merchant, proper snow on its way, 26/27th......take a look at Arlberg Guides Facebook page for photos (these photos are Ischgl but Arlberg can't be that bad high up).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Anyone know how Warth is looking? Will they be able to open a connection to Lech or will I be doing a daily drive all the way round?! (since I'm assuming the road is still closed)
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not sure but I got a FB message from our hotel we use in Warth today bigging up Zurs' 25cm snow, I'd expect it to open up in next week or so but Warth's problem is lack of snow making facilities (albeit it has best snow record in the Alps, snow cannons coming next summer).....so it's more about whether you can get up to the Auenfeldjet which will dictate if it's open, suggest not currently open but will be for say 28/29th, hope that helps? What do webcams and Warth website say? You'd be better driving over Fernpass daily via Reutte to say Soelden but it's a trek daily.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Markymark29 wrote:
You'd be better driving over Fernpass daily via Reutte to say Soelden but it's a trek daily.

Wow, yes that would be one hell of a daily commute!

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Thu 18-12-14 20:27; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@sethpistol, just looked at the Arlberg App, Warth looking good.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
yeah driving over there on Saturday (I live in Italy) and accom in non refundable, hoping they at least get the link open, otherwise i may has well have stayed at home and driven to Arabba daily!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@sethpistol, it'll be magical, I know where I'd rather be, there or here in UK!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Markymark29, yeah, just gotta look at it as a mountain holiday, oh wait, i live in the Dolomites...
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Laughing lucky bar steward! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Folks.

It is to warm here. Rain is continiung into the night so not
expecting snow. Maybe tomorrrow but after that I am afraid
there is nothing in sight for at least 7 days rolling eyes

Schindler should open tomorrow

Warth.

There is not enough snow to ski. They may open 1 or 2
Runs but its a gesture.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Blue sky colder & sunny.
Rain washed all valley snow away.

Just to be clear. Nasereinbahn & Gampenbahn are open but this just
Access lifts . Only run 20 is open to get to Zammermoosbahn anf upto
Galzig.

Valley pistes , kandahar , happy valley, piste 8 to Dt Christoph are all deignated closed or re graded
to Itinery Routes (check your insurance)
latest report
did they open Schindlergratbahn today?
snow report
Hey guys, was thinking of taking a friend for an easy tour tomorrow, could anyone recommend a place that has some reasonable off piste snow coverage and isn't too steep, not been up there yet... Sad
ski holidays
@dulcamara, Niseko? wink
ski holidays
Well I'm glad that's sorted!

As a backup is there anywhere in the Arlberg?
snow report
@dulcamara, Ötztal or Pitztal probably (I can't help with exactly where), or Stubai (up to the Wilder Pfaff could be ideal, I can give you more details, but obv a long drive for you).

I doubt you'll find anything worth skiing here; it rained to the top of Hochjoch last night rolling eyes
snow report
@dulcamara, Have a look at Arlberg Guides FB page, photos on there posted yesterday look good.....Ischgl/ Samnaun I think.
snow report
not seen that fb page before, will keep an eye on that!

@clarky999, supposed to be a dusting tonight, could it be worth a trek up Gargellen? not looking for great pow, just want to blow off the cobwebs, plus i dont know how good my friend is...
ski holidays
@dulcamara, Gargellen was fairly nice last Friday, but I don't know about now. Some colleagues were up Hochjoch today and said it looked like it had been raining until almost the top - everything was ice and death crust.

Pistes should be ok though.
ski holidays
Quote:

everything was ice and death crust.

That's going to set up an "interesting" snow pack if a dump arrives soon... :-/
ski holidays
@sah, indeed!
snow report
Some good photos on St Anton FB page posted this afternoon of Galzig, Gampen and Schindler.......nowt wrong wi' that (as they say here in Yorkshire)!!

Matt Dulc - how about a yomp up Schindler and down Mattunjoch? Sennhutte is open for a couple of sherberts on way down.....
latest report
Very warm here this evening.

They are doing there best fighting mother nature opening Schindler today but
In essense the expected 1000's of festive wintersporters
will only have a fraction of pistes to ski.

Next few days will see freeze line rise above 3000M.

Xmas day bermuda shorts, bbq & bikinis..

Rendl will open with Massbahn & Riffel 1.

It is not possible to ski down.

Stuben is closed for sking unless you hike up
Sonnenkopf only for the restaurant.
latest report
There you go then @dulcamara, skin up from Stuben to Albona somewhere
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Skied in Lech today. I was pleasantly surprised by the skiing available, particularly taking into account the doom and gloom on here. Whilst only piste 34 is open in Lech , there are quite a few variations on that run. We skied down right to Oberlech several times and the snow was OK. Some of the group skied right down to Lech and were pleasantly surprised by the state of the run. Tomorrow we'll head over to the Zurs area where there seems to be a few runs open. There are muddy and bald patches on the runs, but mostly the snow is in surprisingly good condition.
I wouldn't assume you need to go rushing over to Ischgl every day.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Fri 19-12-14 17:39; edited 1 time in total
snow report
@stanton, I would certainly not dispute that conditions are poor for this time of year (some posters are sounding like the provisional wing of the St Anton tourist board), but it's actually likely to cool down tomorrow and although it then warms I can't really see much too indicate a FL above 3000m.
snow conditions
Is there enough snow on the upper half of stuben to make a hike worthwhile then?
ski holidays
Just received this from Crystal:
Quote:

Hi,

Following our email earlier in the week, everybody at Crystal Ski Holidays has been continuing to work really hard on plans to get you to the slopes. We love the mountain as much as you do, so our number one priority is to get you skiing.

Conditions in the mountains are changing all the time, so we're continually working with our local suppliers and adjusting our plans to ensure that we get you to the snow.

The St Christoph and Galzig lifts are open from the valley giving access to slopes on the Galzig, where 12 lifts and 11 runs are open - including the run from the top of the Schindlerkar down to Stuben. Lech & Zurs has 12 lifts open and 8 pistes available for skiing.

We'll be organising two ski away days next week - to Ischgl on Monday and Pitztal on Wednesday - to offer a wider variety of skiing, the cost of transport will be €20 per person. You'll need to buy your own lift passes for these days - our team in resort will be able to explain more when you arrive.
snow report
Skied Ischgl today ! Great snow at top . Good powder and pistes but below about 2200m snow gets hard and icy. Crusty icing sugar off piste.
Not able to ski down now thanks to last nights rain Sad
Stay high and there is still good snow
snow conditions
Did anyone ski in St Anton today? If so, how was it? From the website it looks like they've opened up a few more pistes.
snow report
Franz Trimmel having fun.

@FranzTrimmel: So nice to be back on snow @tirol @StantonReview @blackcrows_skis http://t.co/p5dWZpnFy1
ski holidays
From @nozawaonsen/Franz Trimmel:

(ok, no twitter embeds either)
(no, you just entered the tag wrongly: admin)

Ooh, nice! Looks a lot better than when I skied it in October!
snow report
@clarky999, where's that? Looks great
snow report
@Markymark29, I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's the narrow couloir from Schindler
ski holidays

Raining again tonight.

It is way to warm here.

Predictions are for Spring Tempetatures

Next week.

Xmas will feel like an Ozzy one!
snow report
@ecsleath,

Everyone in Europe will be in Ischgl!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy