Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2014/2015 (Folks that a Wrap 2014/15 season)

Poster: A snowHead
@kitenski, The one in Lech is underneath the chair that goes up from Lech to Oberlech.....if you come down through Oberlech, keep right and as the track widens out keep left and its down there. Theres also a good one in Warth, skier right as you drop down to the village.

Yes the tethers worked really well. I bought a pack of circular discs with a loop on it (£2.99 off ebay) and stuck one about 3-4 cm behind the main gopro mount.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There reporting here that they expect another 1 metre of new snow in the Arlberg upto Easter Monday Very Happy Very Happy

Snowy Easter right down to Bregenz, Lake Constance

http://www.vol.at/mehr-schnee-als-zu-weihnachten-osterwochenende-wird-kalt/4284978

Downside

Avalanche situation remains CRITICAL Level 4

http://www.kleinezeitung.at/k/chronik/oesterreich/4699691/Lawinengefahr-in-Osterreich-bleibt-kritisch
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Had a few drinks apres in the Tannberghof in Lech and was told Flexen pass will be shut between 20:00 tonight Thurs and 10:00 Friday. Skiing in Lech today was truly astonishing.Got the 08:30 lift up and run 40 (an unpisted route) was waist deep and more in places. Really could have down with fatter skis tbh.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
ridiculously good day today - earlier in the week the fresh snow was like wet cement, today light & fluffy and more lifts opened - nasserein first thing, then the ski route under the galzig cable car, then the one under the massbahn in rendl- all superb

there's been nearly 2m of new snow at galzig since we arrived on saturday - nordstau - with a cold week coming they could stay open into may... still snowing but a sunny interlude coming tomorrow
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Had some early apres in Zurs today just to check it out. Not sure if we caught it on a bad day but all the main street lacked was a bit of tumbleweed. It made Lech seem like the centre of the universe. Am I missing something?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@dsoutar, Zurs isn't about the main street, it's about expensive/exclusive 5* hotels, champagne bars/terraces, and a rather short season for those that can afford.

The skiing is pleasant, flattering, and perfect for the "bling-skier".
Lech may be centre of the universe in comparison, but Zurs is Lech's upper class club.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Are there any traffic cams showing the road conditions up to the resorts??
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@kitenski,, none that I'm aware of. Certainly nothing on the road conditions page. However despite my scepticism it is indeed a beautiful sunny day today
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Going guiding for the day should be fun Little Angel
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Looks amazing this morning. Have a great day to those out there
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
can anyone tell me if the car park at NASS-bahn is free with lift pass or you pay regardless
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
mugen wrote:
can anyone tell me if the car park at NASS-bahn is free with lift pass or you pay regardless

Its Free
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@stanton, Nassereinbahn.....not free any more, Group4 charge this season, 8€ but be early!@Windskisurf, perfect day for it?...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stanton wrote:
mugen wrote:

Its Free

thanks for the info wasn't too sure, staying in pettneu so probably need car as ski buses look to be running partial service when I'm there.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@mugen, see above, definitely charging. I'm surprised the buses from Pettneu not offering a full service, if you are there when the lifts are operating? Could park your car at the old Rendl station, that's free, just walk over the road to Galzig or Rendlbahns?....
latest report
skimastaaah wrote:
@dsoutar, Zurs isn't about the main street, it's about expensive/exclusive 5* hotels, champagne bars/terraces, and a rather short season for those that can afford.

The skiing is pleasant, flattering, and perfect for the "bling-skier".
Lech may be centre of the universe in comparison, but Zurs is Lech's upper class club.

...and some of the best, readily accessible Offpiste skiing. Don't fool yourself, it is not all bling. Plenty of serious skiing there, if you want it.
latest report
Markymark29 wrote:
@mugen, see above, definitely charging. I'm surprised the buses from Pettneu not offering a full service, if you are there when the lifts are operating? Could park your car at the old Rendl station, that's free, just walk over the road to Galzig or Rendlbahns?....

looking at the bus timetable and my dodgey german it looks like reduced service. or that's what I took it to mean.
will look at the other car parks thanks
snow report
@ulmerhutte, I've never seen much bling in Zurs.....plenty of it in Lech but we only ever ski to/ from Zurs and catch the bus or head to car park so maybe don't see it. It's got great skiing in Zurs, better than Lech IMO, that said it's not to shabby any of it! I'd not want to stay in either Zurs or Lech.

We like to stay in either St Jakob, Stuben or Warth, quieter locations but also perfect for easy access to the amazing Freeride in Arlberg/ Vorarlberg. We have stayed in St Anton many times but recent times it has been very noisy during the night......I like my sleep. Toofy Grin
snow report
@Markymark29, we stay in Nasserein, up the hill on Nassereinerstrasse. Very quiet there. We also like our sleep. Too much good skiing to waste it by getting up late, with a hangover. But, hey, everybody has their own recipe for joy on a holiday.
ski holidays
had some good days in Zurs especially in spring as you have north and south facing slopes....
latest report
@dsoutar,

Zurs has some of the best off piste skiing in the Alps.
snow conditions
@mugen,

Buses run morning & afternoon to Pettneu.

If your Apres skiing be aware frequent roadside checks by the police.
ski holidays
stanton wrote:
@mugen,

Buses run morning & afternoon to Pettneu.

If your Apres skiing be aware frequent roadside checks by the police.

thanks, going on own so not intending après to any extent.
snow conditions
in my three trips there Zurs had the best pistes by far, plus a lift that stays running to half five this time of year. some really quirky pistes too and very little traffic
ski holidays
@skimastaaah, have sent you a PM
snow conditions
@mugen,
thanks, going on own so not intending après to any extent.[/quote]

Best to be on your own to experience apres ski (no baggage) wink
ski holidays
stanton wrote:
@mugen,
thanks, going on own so not intending après to any extent.

Best to be on your own to experience apres ski (no baggage) wink[/quote]

haha.. a bit old for that, anyway most ski resorts are sausagefests.. so not my thing haha
latest report
OK Folks. It is Karfreitag (good friday) & what a day Blue Skies, Deep POW Very Happy

Higher lifts (Schindler,Valluga, Albona 2) still closed but otehrwise they done a great job.

All change tonight another major storm coming in SNOW allday tomrrrow , minimum 40cms Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@stanton, any idea what the Arlberg Pass is like (as in, open or not?) atm? I need to drive to IBK tonight and I Be Nice please! hate having to pay for the tunnel while having to wait 30mins for the roadworks they've got going on. Thanks!
snow conditions
@clarky999, Open & Clear not a problem..
snow report
Great day guiding today. Slow start massive queues then some nice powder off tbar from kappal. , then from kappel backside all way over ending up below nasserein. Then over to rendl and great powder turns on the faces below And around the avalanche barriers to the left A few times. Got some go pro of today (sun blue sky powder) and yesterday (snowing heavy tree skiing powder) try to post some clips.
ski holidays
@stanton, thanks
ski holidays
@Windskisurf, who did you guide with??
latest report
@kitenski, Marco, young guy, with allberg powder club. Was a bit limited where they could go cos of danger level and what was open But what we did was great. I tried to get Fossi as have guided with him 6 years ago but he is booked all week on private.
snow report
What a day yesterday was. I had faith in the forecast and got up early. Sure enough blue skies all round. As my wife has a shoulder injury that has stopped her skiing this season and it was her birthday I was only given the morning skiing.

What a morning that was. The slow two person chair out of Lech was already running by about 8:20 so did a few runs from that and enjoyed watching the pisteurs blasting all the slopes above us then gradually worked my way up the mountain getting fresh powder every time I went higher. Then headed over to the Zugerbahn and did the ski routes off that a couple of times.

Although my day was over all too soon, to be honest most of the powder was pretty much tracked out by 11:00 so I'm glad I made the most of it.

Ironically having been careful regarding the sun, we went to St. Anton for lunch and a wander round the bars and shops where I promptly got burnt.
ski holidays
@dsoutar, lucky you, sounds great.

Spent a few minutes last night looking at a late evening Friday/ Sunday mad dash next weekend via MAN-MUC, nothing left at half decent prices......ah well, just a daft idea anyways Sad
snow report
@Windskisurf, thanks, do you have any contact details? Trying to get something sorted for later this week...
ski holidays
Folks. Lsst day of season KK Saturday 11th April
9th they have a party for the sesson workers.
snow report
Its around 6C in town, damp . -1.5C on Gampen, -3.5C on Galzig

Snow Accumulation last few hours

Voralburg

Zurs 1920 Metres

Stuben Albona 2345Metres

Tirol 24 Hour Snow Prognosis

snow report
Peak Leaders Ski Instructor Course St. Anton Austria from Peak Leaders
https://vimeo.com/122632341
snow conditions