Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2014/2015 (Folks that a Wrap 2014/15 season)

Poster: A snowHead
GFS also going with very heavy snow at the end of the month and perhaps a colder snap going into Easter...

t-11 days until arrival!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's been snowing all morning on the mountain and snowing in town now too.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
... and now it's stopped and it's sunny...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sunny and warm Saturday. Just finished my fortnight in St A. Tired from the sludge. Probably best snow today of 13 days. Needs cold snap and dump if resort runs are going to last much past Easter. Name dropping - been skiing off and on with Graham Bell the last 2 weeks. Helpful tips for me and the other incompetents. Back to Bighty tomorrow. Knees in a state and may mean I miss the EOSB.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
looks like its snowing again from the St Christoph webcams

@Mark1863, they always manage to keep the resort runs going, even in lasts years really poor snow year.

..and anyone got any guide recommendations in case the conditions are good whilst I'm out after Easter??
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@kitenski, Hubi, Arlberg Guides......I'd have thought he like most will be booked up now for Easter, you might be ok if you're out week after though. Are you there for Weisse Rausch?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We arrive Tues 7th for a week...so I think we leave before the Weisse Rausch
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Markymark29 wrote:
@kitenski, Hubi, Arlberg Guides......I'd have thought he like most will be booked up now for Easter, you might be ok if you're out week after though. Are you there for Weisse Rausch?

Worth giving him a call though, he's a great guy, very laid back and an extremely good skier and guide.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Back in UK. There was snow forecast so let's hope it arrives in spades and they get a good Easter and beyond. I am impressed with the whole area. Clearly put thought and investment into the lifts. Many other resorts could learn a lot from St A and the other local resorts. Signing off.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just received an email forecast huge amounts of snow over the next 9 days, if even half of it arrives, it will makes things look very good for our visit.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Maybe it's worth a go at Easter?!

http://www.bergfex.com/stanton-stchristoph/wetter/berg/
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
This weeks snow as predicted Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm staying on possibly up to 8th April. Skied off left of albono restaurant all yesterday made some fresh tracks got really sticky to the end. Rainy end day. Raining in village now hope it's snowing up top...
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Windskisurf wrote:
I'm staying on possibly up to 8th April. Skied off left of albono restaurant all yesterday made some fresh tracks got really sticky to the end. Rainy end day. Raining in village now hope it's snowing up top...

If you're skiing Albona N Face (or Geisleger), cut right before you get to the treeline and you get back to the piste before you get too low. If you traverse high enough you can get the the base of the second chair and avoid the slush lower down completely.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Windskisurf, Agreed with this ^^, wouldn't be such a good idea dropping too low below Albona 2 bottom station and getting into the cliffs in the crud/ slush and bad viz. You need to aim for bottom Albona 2.
Be careful on high level slabs with the new windslab loading, its likely to be unstable, I'd suggest being in the trees.
snow report
Learnt that the first run we did. Other guy was adamant to keep going but declined so we agreed to meet at stub en chairlift. I had a bit of a trek back up a bit to get across to the run, we arrived at same time his conclusion was I was right not to keep going wink anyway from then on we sussed to cut right just before the electricity pylons.

Most runs lifts closed today no way to stuben so am at rendl storm conditions windy snowy/sleety but snow is building up nicely. Really wet.
was contemplating Sonnenkopf, 25min train ride to get there or Lech as most open there.
latest report
@Windskisurf, Sonnenkopf always good on bad weather days, plenty trees to play in, also if on Rendl suggest a good run (subject to Av conditions) is to cut off just below Gampberg lift bottom station (by the cross) and drop down through the trees to bottom of Maas lift. Don't drop too low though, big walk back up from the river!
ski holidays
@Windskisurf, let me know how the snow is at Sonnenkopf, I've found mid April that the lower down trees runs didn't have much snow.
snow report
Sonnenkopf is almost certainly too low today/tomorrow.
latest report
---

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sat 4-04-15 15:25; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Clearer skies today after yesterday's storm but still windy high up and less than 50% of lifts open. Not sure if due to high wind or whether they need to secure the slopes as lots of booming going on

Needless to say intensely frustrating as yesterday was a bit of a washout with many lifts shut meaning the few slopes open resulted in very busy pistes with hordes of crocodiles of kids.
snow conditions
Skiing the powder off tanzbodenbahn all else here shut. Queue is building rapidly. Thinking about what zurs may be like/open?

Chair has now stopped so u can 8magine queue buildup.
snow conditions
@Windskisurf, Fang chair then.
ski holidays
@sah, way to low. Went past on way down. Super sticky already.
St Christophe just opened. Only baby lifts in zurs open. Lech a few main ones open.
latest report
Windskisurf wrote:
@sah, way to low. Went past on way down. Super sticky already.

If wind has closed Tanzboden then you're going to be out of luck if the lower stuff is cr@p Sad

It looks like it's getting a lot colder tomorrow though, so maybe a lot better lower down.

I wouldn't bother with Zurs on a day like today and Lech will likely be very sticky / slushy too in these temps too.

ArlbergWell or the climbing wall? Or a train to Innsbruck and an afternoon drowning your sorrows in the Stiftskellar?
ski holidays
Haha skied down to St christoph then they decide to close the chair. Crowd waiting for bus. Super windy.More like windsurfing than skiing on way down
snow report
Freezing level today is 2400 but supposed to be 1200 tomorrow. However it's the wind that needs to drop the. Forecasts being a bit vague about wind speeds
snow report
Avalanche LEVEL 4

Read

https://lawine.tirol.gv.at/en/bulletin/

Outlook Temperature Wintry Cold & SNOW Happy

https://www.meteoblue.com/en/austria/weather-ulmer-h%C3%BCtte/14-days
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Your Easter Weather

http://youtube.com/v/5ekkcgc59EM
snow report
Tempting wink
ski holidays
Markymark29 wrote:
Tempting wink

Hmmm... Could be epic Cool
ski holidays
Stay away please Smile
latest report
hopefully will be ok conditions for the 11th for a week. shame for the people there this week..
ski holidays
Anyone on the hill today? Felt a fair bit colder down in the valley...
ski holidays
Chucking it down with rain to start this evening which has turned to snow but with a driving wind. Wednesday forecast is for 60kmh winds so expect same level of lifts open as today, if not less. Hope you've got decent telly, a good book or have a good liver
ski holidays
@sah, nah, was joking.....after a brilliant 3 weeks this season no need......too warm now wink
snow report
@Markymark29, warm you say??

ski holidays
Just seen the webcam at Nasserien Happy looking lovely and white.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Wed 1-04-15 6:46; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
@kitenski, Irony wink
ski holidays
Still snowing heavily, probably been about 10cm in town overnight . Waiting to see what, if anything, will be open...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy