Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2014/2015 (Folks that a Wrap 2014/15 season)

Poster: A snowHead
@stanton, I know she doesn't care, that's obvious......neither do I so all's good, as you say she's got plenty of other folks to go at. I've got plenty of other places to go where I'd rather spend my hard earned...!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Markymark29, yeah. From Sheffield and been on the wagon for about 5 years now. Nice guy great guitarist. Also met up with Hage from the snowtones whilst he was plonking away on the piano at the post. He's had a really poo-poo time personally. He's not in a great place just now which is pretty sad as I thought the snowtones at the griabli for us was always one of the highlights of coming to st Anton. Hopefully he can get his stuff sorted.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Markymark29 wrote:
@stanton, I know she doesn't care, that's obvious......neither do I so all's good, as you say she's got plenty of other folks to go at. I've got plenty of other places to go where I'd rather spend my hard earned...!

Thats ok uou know but so many folk go along with it Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
stanton wrote:
@Markymark29, Re Joan. She doesnt care, that is what most folk who go in there trying to befriend her do not relaise.
Over the years she has had staff who have worked for her for more than 10 seasons & she still treats them like s h i t. They evenually bailout, a lot of the old staff are working in other places around town.
Do you think she care about customers walking out then ? LOL . In her mind there is allways replacements (multiple) !!

Once Joan was really friendly to me and that really freaked me out. The staff said don't worry she'll be herself again when she sobbers up. Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@boabski, That's a shame about the Snowtones guy, have they split up? Used to really like seeing them at Griabli, this year wasn't the same at all - especially when they do the outside shows with them and Heli the owner all playing live on the tables dressed up with the wig and shorts on, Helis inflatable guitar etc... Such a laugh, last year the terrace was heaving and Mooserwirt folks were all streaming across the piste to see it, real good fun in the sun.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
http://www.fis-ski.com/alpine-skiing/news-multimedia/news/article=mario-matt-bids-farewell.html

if you have not heard already local ski legend Mario Matt
has retired from ski racing.

Sunny days for the weekend
Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Interesting how Matt said in his retirement speech "When I see tourists skiing powder, I think it would be more fun to do that" snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yeah, if I lived in Flirsch, owned KK and a big breeding stable of thoroughbred horses I'd want first tracks not leaving them for a bunch of Brits and Skandis, whilst I'm sat in some hotel lounge in goodness knows where!

He's a legend.........to win WM2001 and Olympic gold 2014 takes some doing.......time to cash in and stay local, who can blame him, if I lived in Arlberg I wouldn't be going far that's for sure!! Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Markymark29, @boabski, yep, Chris Lee is the great guitarist and originally from Sheffield. In his first season here he played the old Underground, played a lot of Hendrix, Pink Floyd and a fair bit of metal. Utterly brilliant to see him play Comfortably Numb in the seedy downstairs room packed to the rafters with seasonaires (tourists stayed upstairs). Like everyone he fell out with Joan and moved on.

Joan is tough and is a successful foreigner in St Anton, been here since 1969, started off in Petneu then the big smoke. For that I respect her, but she treats guests like dirt and her staff even worse (according to friends who worked for her). Like @stanton, says there are people who work for her for 10 seasons but she'll still fire them at the drop of a hat. Luckily for us there are plenty of other places to go, but when the right people are playing the atmosphere in there can still be great.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@sah, I used to really like the old Underground, the new one is a flee-pit in comparison!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quick conditions report: It was sunny all last week (except Wednesday, which was horrible fog) but stayed pretty cold, especially towards the end of the week. As you'd expect in March S. facing slopes do get slushy by late morning, which means good spring skiing if you time it right. Sadly the easily accessed slopes get cut up so short hikes are needed to find perfect fernschnee. N. facing slopes are in great condition, all skiied out of course but cover is good. Pistes are well covered, the runs down to town and to Nasserein are in good condition.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@sah, nice to hear 27 days until we are there, hoping that the forecast dump of snow for this Saturday arrives to give a top up
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@NickyJ, when are you going? We arrive Tues 7th April, loads more snow than last year and we could still ski top to bottom.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Fly out on the 12th. Good to hear as well, getting mega excited now, especially since hubby bought me a pair of skis yesterday. Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
There's no doubt that pistes will be in great condition well into April, they look after it very well and have created some great stockpiles due to cold temperatures 2-3 weeks ago for pushing around also.

Was looking this weekend at potential for getting out for a long weekend after Easter but flights cost prohibitive, only 9 months to wait now! rolling eyes
snow conditions
Wednesday onwards we will see a drop in Temperature. Looking like a snow front coming in for the weekend.
snow report
Having 10 days or so in Anton on my way home once my season finishes. Will be there from the 12th if any snowheads fancy a ski/drink drop me a messge
ski holidays
@Sitter, Weisse Rausche wink
snow report
Markymark29 wrote:

He's a legend.........to win WM2001

I saw him win that (Benni Raich second IIRC) - what an amazing event that was. The crowd went mental. Even by St. Anton standards it was a crazy place to be afterwards

First time back to the Arlberg (Lech) since then coming up in a fortnight
ski holidays
All this talk of folks going out to Arlberg and Lech/ Warth is very unsettling now I've done.......... spent all weekend riding and talking bikes to keep my mind on all things not-skiing, and planning summer fitness regime, can't help thinking a Weisse Rausch weekend would be a laugh though, until I look at the flight prices!
snow report

http://youtube.com/v/d8ugAE2afYc
latest report
sah wrote:
. N. facing slopes are in great condition, all skiied out of course but cover is good.

An oxymoron?
ski holidays
peanuthead wrote:
sah wrote:
. N. facing slopes are in great condition, all skiied out of course but cover is good.

An oxymoron?

Not really. Anything easily accessible is skiied out by 10am, you can't expect to ski in St Anton and get fresh tracks days after a storm, but it's still fun to ski steep cold chalky runs or powder bumps. It's also fun to ski fernschnee (corn) on S. facing slopes, but the stuff in between can be pretty "challenging", the stuff that is sun affected and then refrozen with deep tracks in it is no fun.
snow report
Markymark29 wrote:
All this talk of folks going out to Arlberg and Lech/ Warth is very unsettling now I've done.......... spent all weekend riding and talking bikes to keep my mind on all things not-skiing, and planning summer fitness regime, can't help thinking a Weisse Rausch weekend would be a laugh though, until I look at the flight prices!
So drive!
ski holidays
@Steilhang, long way for 4 nights! wink I'll leave it to you guys, I've seen the best of the snow this season, well happy Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Looks like 11cm snow coming Friday night on current forecast. How well will that translate to off-piste powder sat/sun? I arrive on 19th.
ski holidays
@Windskisurf, unless a big storm comes in I'd be looking at planning spring skiing for off piste rather than powder - i.e. look for slopes that get the sun and transform in the morning, e.g maroi, mattun, rossfall. It's very time dependent, if it's sunny you don't want to be there much after about 1pm, but you also don't want to hit it too early while it's still hard.

The cover is OK, it's not epic depth but it's fine (or was on Saturday), so if you did get 10cm+ and it's not too windy then the N. facing slopes (e.g. geisleger, bachseit) would be OK, probably quite good fun, but then the S. facing slopes might be cr@p because they need more depth to cover the deep ruts. If you got more than 20cm then there could be good powder everywhere of course Happy
ski holidays
@sah, thanks that's really helpful. I am in a gondola on stubai glacier at the moment. No powder though.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Markymark29 wrote:
@Sitter, Weisse Rausche wink

If I can get an on-the-day entry I probably will...
ski holidays
The farmers are predicting Epic April storms..

So after Easter Sunday when everything (bars) starts to close
down, tourists dissapear to the Med & tumbleweed blows
down Dorfstraße conditions on the hill will be perfect Very Happy
latest report
@Windskisurf, to be honest I find it hard to predict which areas will be good even on the day, I usually just ski around and drop off the sides of the pistes to check which aspects are looking better - that is assuming avy risk is low, if risk is higher then I go where is safe (or stick to marked runs). As a general rule in spring I look for sunny aspects for soft snow mid morning or cold / high N facing aspects that never gets sun affected so stay soft. To really get it spot on you need to ski with a local - the guy we skied with last week got the timing pretty much spot on, maybe the last few turns on rossfall were a bit *too* soft by the time we got to it, but other than that we found great spring snow from 10:30 until 14:00. Maroi was perfect at 10:30 - 11, a nice soft layer on top of smooth supporting crust.

The top of mainwassen and mainplatt were pretty horrible on Saturday, even though they get the sun they weren't softening, they were hard frozen and rutted. I only dropped in a few metres before traversing back out the the St Christophe piste. It's odd because mattun was very soft and that's higher up - maybe the aspects are slightly different. I'm clearly not an expert, I would have guessed these slopes would be good in spring conditions maybe I just need to go back and try again Happy
snow conditions
stanton wrote:
The farmers are predicting Epic April storms..

So after Easter Sunday when everything (bars) starts to close
down, tourists dissapear to the Med & tumbleweed blows
down Dorfstraße conditions on the hill will be perfect Very Happy

I arrive the Tuesday after Easter so lets hope they are correct!
snow report
sah wrote:
If you got more than 20cm then there could be good powder everywhere of course Happy

You asked for it and they are now forecasting it Very Happy
https://www.j2ski.com/snow_forecast/Austria/St_Anton_am_Arlberg_snow.html
Keep up the great info, are you out there at the moment?
ski holidays
@Windskisurf, nope, I'm done now for the season, back at work Sad
snow conditions

http://youtube.com/v/3OvkscGD2Mg
latest report
Looks like the snow for this weekend is pushed back till next week.
ski holidays
Great day doing a mini tour with a guide called Bertie. Snow on the turn but loads of fun Happy
snow conditions
That was a feast for the eyes stanton Smile
latest report
Starting to drizzle in town. Overcast, looks like should be snowing later on the mountain. Yesterday beautiful sunny, did stuben, rendl then looped schindlergrat and valluga. Any idea what tomorrow might bring? Where to ski?
ski holidays
@Windskisurf, Drizzle here in Stuben, snowing at the top but white out, forecast is that it will snow well into the night. I plan to be at the Sonnenkopf for my last 4 hours on the powder, tomorrow, before we head back to the UK. Can't complain the spring snow and weather have been fab and I have had 14 days of it!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy