Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Knee meet ski-pole

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It's 3 weeks since I got back from a trip to La Tania. On the Thursday an rather small, miserable man was skiing to fast and as I turned he got to close to me. He shouted something in french and either on purpose or not whacked me on my left knee cap with his pole.

I gave it a good rub and then thought nothing of it.

When I was back home I noticed that it now aches going down/up stairs and also when walking more than a few 100 metres. Not very painful but is noticeable.

Can I just close my eyes and hope it goes away??? Really cannot be arsed with getting doctors appointment and all that faff. Could I just go straight to physio?

Cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dibergio, Nothing stopping you. If they can't diagnose then all you've lost is a few quid and some time
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dibergio, I sometimes whack my knee (quite hard) when I capsize my sailing dinghy - swinging in off the trapeze etc.

Quote:

Can I just close my eyes and hope it goes away???

That's what I do. Never failed yet. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dibergio, 3 weeks is perhaps just a tad long for it to still be acting up . . . just how hard a whack was it? Also the ache, is it location specific or just a general one? I bang myself around quite indiscriminately and if I were still in pain 3 weeks later I'd be looking for a cause that was more than just a casual knock. There may be an underlying condition triggered by the knock. [/we'realldoomedmeme]
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'd have been chasing the guy down the slope and whacking him with my pole, and a finger poke in the eye! You're knee will get better just left alone I'm sure btw.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Markymark29 wrote:
I'd have been chasing the guy down the slope and whacking him with my pole, and a finger poke in the eye! .

Me too and a Glesga kiss! wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dibergio, from my vast inexperience and lack of knowledge I suspect it will just go away with time. As to your original question of whether you can just go straight to the physio, then I have no doubt you can. Not an NHS physio, but a private one. I think sessions are usually around £30 for 30 minutes. If you want an NHS physio then I'm pretty sure you have to go via the GP and then wait about six months to see a physio.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Round here we can self-refer to a physio but they are incredibly disorganised and it takes weeks to get an appointment.

If it persists for a month then I would see the GP. I would guess a steroid injection might be in order.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dibergio,

Direct blows to the patella will often settle with time but they can certainly be troublesome. Of significant blows ( say a fall onto a step) upto a half can be painful at a year. Patella femoral pain is classically worse on stairs.

If you are able to tolerate anti inflammatories you could take a course for a week or two. If you have lost some muscle condition ( it happens very rapidly with painful kneecaps) then a few visits to physio could be money well invested.

Jonathan Bell
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks everyone. Going to physio next week...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy