Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Such a little thing . . .

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
. . . can make such a difference wink

I'm a mixed user of bootfiters; don't for my snowboard boots and intermittently with my ski boots. I was spoilt and dead lucky with my first ski boots in that they were bondage slippers right from the start . . . the next couple of plastic torture implements were another bowl of razor-blades that our ever be praised CEM sorted out for me.

Anyway, I forked out for some new Crispi NTNs (with AT inserts) to try and reduce my boot quiver . . . I will hunt down the person who attempts to change my user name to 'Imelda' . . . They are a tiny touch large so I didn't get the liners moulded but relied on use tobed them in and it's worked well and can now use then with CEM's Profeet footbed for the best part of a day without anything more than a bit of discomfort that will ease as I start skinning in them . . .

Then I broke my leg NehNeh Got back on my skis 12 days later with a foot too swollen to have any footbed in the boot . . . a few days later progressing to the original sliver of foam that came with the boot. This was going well and I decided to try the Profeet bed Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Still too much swelling, soft tissue damage and localised pressure pain.

So I bought some Scholl athletic inserts, trimmed them to match the original bed shape and plonked my butt on the lift. Really comfy and a nice feel under foot . . . until I started to slide . . . why was my right ski pointing about 5° off to the right and if I corrected it I felt just a tiny pressure on the outside of my right heel. I played about for half an hour till I felt enough was enough and went down, bought a hot choc and took a look at my boot. The Scholl insert was just a tiny bit twisted on the liner heel cup . . . we're talking just a couple of millimetres higher on the right . . . which translated to near 4-5 inches at the ski tip.

Not going to make that mistake again . . . properly fitted footbeds for me from now on, the difference in feel and control is worth twice the cost.

Ave CEM Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy