Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Back to London from Austria after season - courier/bus/carshare deals

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I was based in Innsbruck, Austria for the season and now I need to send all my stuff back home (1 snowboard bag 18kg, 1 suitcase 25kg, 1 suitcase 10kg).

I'm looking for the CHEAPEST option to do that (money is over after 4 months just snowboarding).
There is an Eurolines bus from Munich, which takes 19hrs. The issue is that I would still need to get there by train or else (with all those stuff on my shoulders) and the bus journey will be very (VERY) boring, especially if no individual power plugs.
I've found a website called Sendmybag, which priced me £140 something for my bags (without me).

Was wondering if anyone had done similar things and could give me some advises on what's best/cheapest to do?
Also, anyone driving back from the area to the UK looking to carshare? Ideally around the 3rd of May (flexible).

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

the bus journey will be very (VERY) boring, especially if no individual power plugs.

Laughing
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I got the meinfurnbus coach from innsbruck to Munich a couple of weeks ago, book online in advance and it's only 8 euros.
Should be no extra charge for your baggage, there are individual power points so at least you can get a full charge in before the 19hr coach!
Also it goes into Munich main coach station (ZOB) which I presume is where you'll get the eurolines, less humping than from the train station.

Ps. Hello everyone, been on a while but my first post.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
nowthen, welcome to snowHeads!

I know nothing about the travel options, but can recommend a wonderful invention to combat boredom: a BOOK. wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
MeinFernBus is a good option, but you DEFINITELY need to let them know about the baggage beforehand.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I only had hand luggage so didn't take much notice but seem to remember the baggage allowance being on my ticket and being quite generous. Think I've binned my ticket but will be on the site somewhere, hardly anyone put anything in the hold when I travelled so there was no problem with room. Best to check though.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

I know nothing about the travel options, but can recommend a wonderful invention to combat boredom: a BOOK.

not on a bus/car for me - as the effect would be very anti-social...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
schneeflocke wrote:
Quote:

I know nothing about the travel options, but can recommend a wonderful invention to combat boredom: a BOOK.

not on a bus/car for me - as the effect would be very anti-social...

Wot! Reading makes you fart Puzzled
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yeah, Meinfernbus+Eurolines looks like a good option, it's just a transit in Munich bus station, so no extra pain with useless stairs/underground/shuttle etc.
Do people know if carrying snowboards is fine with Eurolines Deutschland? it looks like luggage rules are specific to each country (Eurolines is not one company, but more a network of independent guys).
Last but not least, anyone know if they have plugs? A 19hr bus journey, especially at night, goes easy with 3 or 4 movies and a "good" (or forced) sleep. But just reading... Puzzled
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I sent stuff here when I moved with wedeliverthewrold.com, I paid £25 for a 25kg parcel up to 1m long
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
There's a Eurolines and Meinfernbus bus stop at the end fo the street from work. Mostly Polish buses (at least the Eurolines ones). Judging by some of the piles of luggage while they wait, and while they're loading from both sides, I'm sure some people move house c/o Eurolines !

Bonkers prices too. No clue how they make any money.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I found my ticket last night for meinfernbus and it's 2 x 20kg in the hold and 1 x 10kg hand luggage. You should be covered by that.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy