Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TR: Austria, Ski amadé \ Radstadt. March 2014.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Trip Report. Austria, Ski amadé \ Radstadt. March 2014.

It's been about 10 years since I last skied in Austria and this trip was an excuse to sneak in an extra week and catch up with some Snowheads who live in the area.

I stayed with Ben and Angela at http://www.austrian-adventures.com/ in Radstadt. Winter flights into Salzburg make things easy with plenty of transfer options including Train (36 euro), shared taxi (50 euro) or kindly snowhead (Beer). Radstadt is about 40 minutes from Salzburg by car and the railway runs all the way down the valley.

Saturday afternoon at the airport was glorious, sunshine, shorts and Spring was in the air. However within 24 hours I'd been transported to a Winter Wonderland and during the next two days we received over a meter of fresh, setting us up nicely with fantastic tree skiing and wide, empty & grippy piste once the sun came out.

Highlights for the week included some memorable off piste tree lines at Zauchensee & Haus; Wide, empty and well groomed Pistes in all the resorts and several free 'have a go' GS courses to play racer in.

The ski area is made up of several resorts of differing character from large commercial operations with levels of investment & infrastructure which was stunning, too much smaller 'local' hills with much charm and character and untracked powder.

All in all a fantastic trip and I'd recommend the area to skiers of all abilities. Ben and Angela are great hosts and the chalet has a lovely family feel.

Recommended for ease of transfer, variety of skiing, quality of infrastructure and value.

If you have any specific questions ask away and I'll do my best to answer.

A taste of the week:

^^ Pow.

^^ Pow on Piste.

^^ The end of a little tour to finish the week.

3 days. Austrian Powder, March 14 from david000
http://vimeo.com/90899423

^^ More Pow.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sssshhh... Don't tell everyone... wink snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
queen bodecia, Laughing

I forgot to say, it was a little bit Epic snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
more SHAG gers ?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
AndAnotherThing.., Madeye-Smiley Was EPIC, as you say…hurry back!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy