Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Slovenia-what's it like

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have been looking at Slovenia for next February. Been to Austria, France and Italy and as taking my two boys for the first time was looking at lowering the cost slightly. It looks very good but wondered what fellow SH's thought of it and if it worth a visit.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Went back in about 2006 for a weekend. Nice welcome, hotels and services were good, and english spoken, but we went to vogel which isn't a ski resort, it's 4 runs some of which branch sometimes Wink Kransja gora supposed to be bigger....aj xx
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Look at Bovec Kanin staying with these guys

http://www.extremeslovenia.com/
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kanin is closed and most likely won't open anytime soon.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
As in closed for the season. Or kaput?

Could only find this on the interweb

Quote:
DUE TO LIFT INFRASTRUCTURE UPGRADES, BOVEC KANIN SKI RESORT IS CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Went to Kransja Gora in 2011 looking for much the same as you are. I wouldn't go back, we were lucky with snow at the beginning part of the week but by the end it was patchy to say the least, a regular occurrence with it being so low. The runs are, I can't put it into words, limited, dull, short. we ended up skiing most of the week on just 2 runs, the red, blue really, at the far end of the resort, bit of a journey to get there and you have drop down part of the hill that is/was the world cup slalom run, it was worth it whilst we were there as no one else made the journey so we did have it all to ourselves for 3 days. The Slalom course was being injected and was closed for 4 days in preparation for a future race , 3 weeks away, so not available to ski on. But when it was open, it gave me a whole heap more respect for the racers that ski that stuff week in week out! It was pant fillingly solid, with some lovely steep parts that you had no option but to ski at pace, as we often watched with a giggle the large amount of people trying to snow plough or stop every other turn with no edge control, they just kept going until they fell or hit someone else. The village is also limited but pretty and as AJ said in general a warm welcome off most.
I don't know how much you need to lower your cost by or what your budget is but unless you don't expect much from your ski holiday or like to go to different countries just to knock it off your list don't go your regret it unless you get really lucky!!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I was looking at the Bovec website and found this -

Seems as if if will reopen for 14/15, very interested for Feb half term as it is linked with Italy in the hope it is cheaper and maybe quieter.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mike Pow, as closed for good. But I like the quote Smile Closed for renovation Very Happy Gondola collapsed last winter (2012/13), they didn't manage to fix it (due lack of money) last summer, so it was closed all 2013/14 winter, and company went bankrupt before winter even started. Now during winter there was some 10m of snow, and since no, or at least not enough maintenance, chairlift connecting Slovenian and Italian side was under snow, which means basically whole bottom station of chairlift is destroyed beyond repair. So more or less Kanin is history as far as skiing is concerned. There are some options for heli skiing, but it's really basic and far from regular operations.
My advice for planning holidays, skip Kanin so you won't be too disappointed, as there's less then 1% chances it will ever be running again.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There's been quite a lot of posts on here about Slovenia, I've been 3x and have posted on threads before so worth a search
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks jogi.

Real shame. Only heard good things about it.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Guessing MTB Park Kanin is history too? (although someone could no doubt trailer bikes+riders up)

Was going to go back, but only for self ridden uplift cross country type riding.

For piste sking, I would probably have chose KG rather than Kanin/Sella Nevea.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
andy, I never really cared about mtb parks, as I'm more of xc guy, but I have heard there wasn't much maintenance on park objects going on last year or two, so I would assume it's more or less history too. There was some shuttling going on last summer, but shuttles can't really replace lifts when it's more then few people riding.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We loved Slovenia mikeelsa. We visited at the start of last month (Mar 2014) & posted a trip report & photos on here - it's currently on page 5 but will soon be on page 6 wink.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
thanks for replies guys will do a bit more research as opinions seem mixed
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy