Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice on 2 resorts please - Folgaria and Aprica

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My wife is looking at booking next years school ski trip. They are hoping to book for next Easter which I believe will be at the end of March.

If anyone has been to either resort or both I would appreciate any advice you can offer. I know its difficult to answer but is the snow OK at that time of year? Is there a good range of slopes for mixed ability group?

They are looking at these resorts as they are cheaper than France and Austria.

Thanks in advance as always.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mike-H, Easter Day is 5 April.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You are right that Italy is less expensive than France and Austria, considerably so.
But both resorts you mention are too low for the end of march. Even when there is still enough snow, the snow quality will be slush.

Better options are:
-La Thuile
-Sestriere and surroundings
-Madesimo
-Livigno (but rather long transfer)
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sorry for late reply.

pam w, If they fly out for the first week of the Easter break they will leave late March Smile

Onnem, Oh dear,
Folgaria Resort Height: 1169m. Lift Range: 1169 - 2060
Resort Height: 1181m. Lift Range: 1181 - 2300 m
I see what you mean. There may be snow higher up but the bottom could get slushy as you say.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Neither resort is that low. Have a look to see which way the slopes face as that makes a huge difference. Pila is north facing and had much better snow in March than Courmayeur which is mostly south facing.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
La thuille has been good this last 2 weeks,plenty of snow,north facing but still slushy by 2 pm. The resort is ace for school kids having been there 5 times with school parties. It will be good for all levels.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've been to Folgaria with a school trip, and although it is lowish, they do have cannons so there is likely to be 'something' to ski on, but probably not amazing conditions.

Regarding pistes, there are a range of pistes but grading is on the easy side. Blues are generally gentle tracks/roads, reds are a bit wider and steeper. There is the odd black but in most other resorts they would be classed red. There are lots of trees and the views are nice. The food is good for school kids, lots of pasta. A number of the chairlifts have automatic saftey bars and there are some good little nursery slopes.

The resort iteslf is quaint, cobbled street and has a number of facilities, including a good swimming pool and large indoor ice rink. Ther are places that can run discos and out of town there is a small bowling alley.

However, for Easter skiing I'd probably be looking at more snowsure resorts like the milky way (Montgenevre, etc) or Passo tonale, if still keen to stay in Italy. I know my school ski company tends to have more bookings in these other resorts for the Easter hols, although we do still use Folgaria at Easter.

Hope this helps.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks so much for all of replies. A lot of the choices are limited by price or the hotels are too far from the slopes. Some resorts end up being well over £1000 per kid. This is not an affluent school area but its not deprived. Trying to pitch the price so that parents are not put off. Last year they got about 40 kids interested.

There is now discussion over Les Ores in France. Any thoughts on that location? It is higher and is coming in just under £1k (flight, accomm, lift pass, tuition, food) with hotel near ski lift. Could be a winner for Easter.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy