Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New video editing app

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I'm wondering if there are any skiers / snowboarders still out on the slopes who would be interested to test a new video app that we are launching. The app will recognise your best moments and automatically edit your ski footage for you! Please email me priyashah110@gmail.com if you can help be part of out Beta testing group, Android users only at this point. Many thanks!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
So given most people capture footage on pov cameras as opposed to their phones are you suggesting that people take the footage, download to laptop or direct to their phone and then use the app from the phone?

Idea sounds interesting but not sure at least from a skiing perspective how this would work. Pov cameras are data heavy, presumably this would have to be uploaded from device and then your back end server does the grunt work?

Care to explain more the workflow?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sounds like a positive step on the way to the Electric Monk app, which will watch the footage for you, so you can avoid the whole business.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
philwig, good point but we would also need an auto response robot for franzclammer' video then!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks Ansta1, you're absolutely right and we're working on it! And yes they are very data heavy, which is why it takes so long to produce an edit and why footage isn't shared as much as it should. The newer cameras are now wifi so the transfer can be done this way. Let me know if you're interested to test, thanks!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
skigirl110, what platforms will the app run on?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'd be willing to test.
I currently run a Contour+2 and edit on a Windows7 laptop using 3rd party application. Mainly use the cam for ski and snowboard footage and filming motorsport.
Phone test would be on a Samsung Galaxy S4 currently running Android 4.4.2
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
So some quick thoughts of some features that may or may not already be in the works.

Once the footage is uploaded via the app and edited, the ability to

Review
Download
Automatically upload from the server side to a predetermined video hosting site (Youtube/Vimeo)

I am curious to see how this automatic scene selection (if that's what it is) is going to work.

I'd also like to understand the T's and C's - Mainly what the copyright and permissions section of the app usage is.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skigirl110,
Quote:

why footage isn't shared as much as it should

I think too much footage is shared too often.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks Richard_Sideways, have sent you a PM Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ansta1, the app will be on Android and iOS. Thanks for your ideas, they are all in our development pipeline! T&Cs will be ready for when we launch.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy