Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Variation on cross trainer exercise

Poster: A snowHead
If you find the cross trainer a little boring... try this one. Every minute go into a full crouch (as in the flying k style) and keep up the speed for 15 seconds. You actually want the next 45 secs to go more slowly as your aching legs and heart rate come under control... then it's time to sit on your ankles again... great training for quads IMHO.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Also reverse direction every 2 mins and keep the speed up.
Works a whole different set of leg muscles.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Scarpa, sounds like a great idea, I'm trying it tonight! (what's the flying K style?)

rungsp, It certainly does, my calves are normally screaming after two minutes in reverse.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
So are cross trainers worth the money? We have a home gym that includes a leg press and that gets used for a short time every day (on the basis of little and often) but always wonder about the cross trainers. Also use a mini trampoline...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just back from the gym, tried the crouch position. Thing is I forgot the detail of your post and tried to do it for 1 minute not 15 seconds - almost died Shocked

Can definitely confirm that it's hard work, will try again tomorrow just 15 seconds at a time (if I can walk).

eng_ch, got a treadmill at home that never gets used, always do the cross trainers and steppers at the gym, but if you saw me you'd conclude that neither of them are any good for the physique rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'll stick to my home gym and tramp and save my CHF 1000 then Smile
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I bought a cross trainer and a rowing machine in March - I have lost 18 kilos by using them regularly
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
AxsMan, Good show - 1 minute - I WOULD have died. Flying k style is that speed skiing tuck - ok - maybe we shouldn't try quite that low hehehe, but I keep my thighs aligned to the ground. I went for a bike ride sunday afternoon - but after 2 hours found myself out on the moors facing a long downhill through a (newly formed) rocky stream in the dark - at least the water glinting kept me on track a little, was a bit hairy for a mile or so with the bike bouncing and sliding and doing it's best to buck me off. My legs are a touch stiff today to say the least Sad
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Scarpa,

I said I tried to do it for a minute, the most I acheived was about 40 seconds before it felt like my legs were going to combust - still anything that painful must be doing some good! Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
obelix67 wrote:
I bought a cross trainer and a rowing machine in March - I have lost 18 kilos by using them regularly

Ohh I wouldn't mind losing a few kgs - 18 would be too many, but 5 would be good! It's the 'using them regularly' that's a problem - Snowheads and other boards are too addictive Sad
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
10 mins on each before headin to work in the morning - lets see what happens up mountain
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
obelix67, I bought a treadmill last year. So far I have lost about £900 by leaving it unattended in our spare room. Anybody want one - hardly used snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
AxsMan, But what will you hang your coats on then?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
and store my boots behind? Good point. Very Happy

Tried the 'flying k' (well squatting down a bit) for 15 seconds every minute again tonight. Combined with 'Hill Plus' programme it was a killer but I could feel it doing my legs good (in the sense that anything that hurts must be good for you) - great suggestion, I'm going to incorporate 15 minutes of it every time I go between now and the next ski trip (Dec 19th - Val D).

Knowing my luck I'll probably pull something and end up skiing like more of a gonk than usual!

Cheers

SimonT
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
AxsMan, We'll be the two skiers locked into a permanent crouched position - even in the bar hehehe
snow report
Scarpa, snowHead
ski holidays
Scarpa also aim to keep the revs/min constant - pick a number and make sure you don't deviate from it. Harder than you'd think, and makes you concentrate on consistent form and pressure.
snow report
Try this ....

one legged, reverse direction for 1 min on each leg. Repeat 10 times.

(I've never tried this and know it would kill me but there seem to be a few nutters here Laughing )
snow conditions
DB, I never had you down as a total sadist hehehe
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy