Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotel Neuhaus, Mayrhofen

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thanks everyone for the advice on Mayrhofen and Grindelwald in recent weeks. Mayrhofen has now been decided on for the group trip but my husband and I will hopefully go to either the Jungfrau region or Bad Gastein in January.

Back to Mayrhofen. Has anyone stayed in the Neuhaus and can you tell me where the leisure facilities, restaurants, bars etc are based. The brochures quote prices based on staying in the Landhaus annexe and not the main building and we prefer not to go outside to get to all the facilities. Thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Landhaus is about 20m from the hotel if I remember rightly. Just across the road. (I used to work in Mayrhofen). All the facilities are in the main building. I imagine the price differential is worth it for a short walk across the road (which is a side street to the hotel). Though walking across for a sauna is bound to be more hassle!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks lewis - the sauna issue may raise a few eyebrows too! The difference is £50 each.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hayley t, we stayed in the Neuhaus last year, in the part connected by the underground tunnel (St Josepf). Very nice Hotel definately worth 4 stars and I would reccommend staying there as opposed to the annexe.Very strange walking through the tunnel, very easy to get lost on the way to the pool! Confused Nice bar, the Movie bar part of the building always worth a visit on the way home from 'up town'. Although the brochure says its a 10 min walk to the Penkan lift its easier to take the skibus from the end of the road, the walk is uphill. The station is very close to the hotel if you fancy a day trip down the valley, train runs bang on time, can recommend a day to Zell am ziller. Most of the bars are futher up the town nearer the main lift, can be very lively at close of play, especially in the ice bar.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hayley t - I have just got back from Bad Gastein last week and would highly recommend the 4 star Hotel Wildbad - one of the best hotels I have ever stayed it. It has a health facility being in a spa town. The owner, Gehardt is very friendly, speaks excellent english and runs an efficient hotel. The dinner there is five course and of an excellent standard. The hotel is near the main lift station. The resort is good for families with lots to do for non-skiers including some scenic walks, trip on the train to Salzburg ( 1.5 hours ).

The skiing is mainly intermediate and mostly easy. No difficult runs. Enough skiing for the whole week in the immediate area, although a degree of bussing is required if you want to travel further. Snow cover, apart from the mid-station, down to the resort was good last week.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy