Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfers from Geneva to French Alps

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
What is the cheapest option to get to Val Thorens from Geneva?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
if there's a few of you hire a car thru www.holidayautos.co.uk. No waiting about and wheels when you are there too.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you do not want to drive you can catch the bus, its very easy and you make the booking on line and get the tickets sent to your home.
www.altibus.com
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Altibus looks good - well cheap and pretty regular, and I'm thinking of using it next month to get from Geneva to the French Alps.

One scenario worries me..... what happens if my flight's a couple of hours late? Will Altibus be happy to let me on the later bus, or might I be stuck? If so is there a better plan B than getting a taxi from Geneva to the 3 valleys (I've heard talk of £100-ish for this). Has this happened to anyone on here?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have been looking at the Altibus website but could some one clarify something for me: what is the difference between
65,50 EUR (normal)
And
111,00 EUR (A/R)??
are these return price's or single?

The last 2 years I have drove from Bristol to the Alps but got fed up with the journey home (nothing to look 4wad 2 and wanna get home ASAP!) Very Happy rolling eyes Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just to add.

I am going in a group of 3. Is it going to be cheaper to hire a car? because of hire price split 3 ways + petrol might be cheaper.
Any advice would be great. Puzzled Puzzled
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A/R is allez/retour i.e. a return ticket
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you don't want to book the tickets over t'inernet you can buy em at the Airport. Looking at the info I managed to track down there a "Bus -Ticket" desk on the arrivals level in the International Sector of the airport.

For some useful info check the public transport section, from/to ski stations link here http://www.gva.ch/en/default.htm

I found the altibus website far too confusing and difficult to work... can only book tickets 7 days in advance .. or summat Puzzled
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you don't want to book the tickets over t'inernet you can buy em at the Airport. Looking at the info I managed to track down there a "Bus -Ticket" desk on the arrivals level in the International Sector of the airport.

For some useful info check the public transport section, from/to ski stations link here http://www.gva.ch/en/default.htm

I found the altibus website far too confusing and difficult to work... can only book tickets 7 days in advance .. or summat Puzzled
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
No you have to at least give 7 days for the tickets to arrive. You can buy the tickets in the arrival hall there is a desk as soon as you come through the arrivals hall. Bus transfers. I found it all very easy when i used them in Jan. And they ran on time
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy