Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nightlife in La Rosiere

Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys and Girls,

I'm currently in La Rosiere, staying in Les Eucherts, having a great time. Snow isn't great but the weather is amazing! And I've always said any time on the mountains is good time.

I was wondering where there is to go out in La Ros or Les Eucherts? There is a bar near the chalet called Moo Bar but we haven't gone over to La Rosiere centre yet. Any recommendations or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Lewis.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There isn't anywhere would be the short answer! Really not a resort for nightlife.

There is one bar in la Ros that would be the liveliest one, can't remember the name but as I recall its about 100 yards down the road from the bottom of the piste, on the left if you are walking towards Les Eucherts, might be worth a try, certainly might be busy the night before chalet day off.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Err ... why don't you go have a look Toofy Grin

Le Petit Danois in the shopping centre type complex was fairly lively when we were there. Also liked the bar at the bottom of the lifts, can't remember it's name. Not lively as such but a bar with character and a good place for a quieter drink. It's a little while since I was there, sure someone with up to date info will be along soon.

Have a good week out there!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wot SkiG said, it's not really a resort for lively nightlife.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
IIRC, the bar that SkiG might be describing could be the one where they often have a live band - that's a good evening, if so (or certainly was on the 3 visits I made to La Ros).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Cacciatore, Thats the one!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bar La Roz in hotel la roseriere (right by the middle bus stop where they all meet) is about the best option
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g675071-d2553681-r151372718-La_Rosiere_Hotel-La_Rosiere_Montvalezan_Savoie_Rhone_Alpes.html
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Is Moo bar still there in Les Eucherts? Was in there and it was heaving. It was NYE though..... Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We went to Moo Bar on one night and there were 7 people there (3 of us). Ended up being quite a fun night in the end.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Le Comptoir is good when they have live music, otherwise La Ros/Les Eucherts après is hopeless. Confused
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
La Ros is an après free zone, more likely to see tumbleweed blowing about.....
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Markymark29 wrote:

Sounds bliss.

Now where did I put my pipe and slippers Razz
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Sounds bliss.

+1 I don't smoke but I have my slippers on right now. wink

The thread title is a good one. A bit like "The extreme couloirs of Les Saisies". Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kiteman69 wrote:
Markymark29 wrote:

Sounds bliss.

Add, poorly prepared pistes, rubbish lift system and hurricane winds. Confused

Still blissful?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mollerski wrote:
kiteman69 wrote:
Markymark29 wrote:

Sounds bliss.

Add, poorly prepared pistes, rubbish lift system and hurricane winds. Confused

Still blissful?

Is it always like that? I've only skied there for a day but that fits well with my recollection.
latest report
@sugarmoma666,

You can also add zero viz on every other day. We broke out to La Thuile as often as the link would allow. Confused
snow conditions
@lewisb22,

For apres

Kitzbuhel in Les Eucherts ( pretty quiet, have bowling) Confused

Le Comptoir in La Ros is probably the best après in town.
ski holidays
We had a couple of holidays in La Ros, in the past. don't remember any problem with piste preparation.
latest report
Ah, how things have changed from the days when, on snowHeads at least. La Ros was heaven on earth!

snowHead
snow conditions
pam w wrote:
We had a couple of holidays in La Ros, in the past. don't remember any problem with piste preparation.

3 piste bashers for the whole resort brought out when they could be bothered. IMV the resort is in a bit of a hole financially, unfinished and boarded up chalet complexes etc.
snow report
2 new plush, modern chairlifts have been installed in as many seasons and expansion into a new area, with more new lifts, is planned.

The piste preparation usually seems pretty good to me. Most pistes groomed every night.

Top effort on the park as well, for what's not really known as a freestyle resort.

Not aware of any unfinished chalet complexes either, other than stuff which is work-in-progress and on-schedule.

In short, I respectfully disagree with everything you've said.
ski holidays
@lewisb22, would appreciate a piece of advice. I understand Les Rosiere resort has two parts. In terms of access to slopes (ski-in/out) which part is better. What are the +/- of different parts in your view?
ski holidays
stevomcd wrote:

In short, I respectfully disagree with everything you've said.

Really?! Last week must've all been a bad dream then! Shocked

Where are the 2yo plush lifts? I skied the hell out of the place and did not sit on one 'plush' lift? Compared to the Dolomites or 3Vs, La Ros lifts are slow old junk.

My Daughter is working in resort, therefore my information is well founded.
latest report
Mollerski wrote:
pam w wrote:

3 piste bashers for the whole resort brought out when they could be bothered. IMV the resort is in a bit of a hole financially, unfinished and boarded up chalet complexes etc.

Crickey. Having been twice I have to disagree with piste prep. We were there at NY and I thought they did a great job with limited snow.

It's quite a small resort and I do not recall seeing any boarded accommodation.

Its not a resort for Apres and the ski area is hardly extensive but my family enjoyed two visits. I would recommend it to skiers that do not want rock and roll resorts and do not need to clock up the kms every day.
latest report
@mooney058, very little ski in / out at either side of town as I don't recall much slope side accomodation - but haven't been for a couple of years. Both sides only have one main chair lift out but I think Les Eucherts has slightly quicker access to more lift options to then get up and over into La Thuile. Les Eucherts is smaller and more compact so imho it's quicker and easier to get to the slopes at the start / end of the day. It's easy to cross from one side to the other via a lift and piste down. La Ros town is a bit more spread out. Neither is really a place for aprés.
snow report
@Mollerski, the Roches Noir, Plan de Repos, Eucherts Express and Fort chairs are all new, modern, high-speed, detachable lifts. Plan de Repos was brand-new this winter and Fort the year before. These are the main lifts for the La Rosiere ski area. If you think these are "old, slow, junk" then I really have no clue what you're talking about. The drag lift over to Italy is, well a drag. There is an issue there as the land/lift are under the control of a different commune who have little interest in upgrading.

The Vaz chair and Ecudets chairs are old and slow, but serve outlying, quiet areas. The Chardonney chair is the only important lift which is past its best.

It was warm and slushy last week, so pistes were pretty bumpy by the afternoon, but were well-groomed in the morning.

I live in the area BTW. I have no particularly strong feelings about the resort either way, but you do seem to be spouting nonsense.
ski holidays
I have to agree with Stevo - it does seem as though there is a fair bit of nonsense being talked here.
I haven't been to La Ros (Les Arcs got the Tarentaise vote) this year but went the previous two and its unlikely a ski resort can go backwards so quickly in terms of lifts and piste prep.
The four main lifts listed above are/were all new, fast lifts.
Yes there are a few old ones and a few distinctly dodgy drags and it would get a bit samey as a resort without La Thuile, and that wind socks in with a vengeance. But I always thought it looked a well cared for, delightful resort. The whole area has plenty of skiing and even with the long drags across to La Thuile thought it was a fab ski area.
Back to the original question re nightlife: Le Comptoir is the main bar in La Ros (formally Le Petite Danoise). I quite liked it and had a couple of heavy old nights in there in both its identities with good bands and djs.
For a resort aimed at the family market I thought it was a decent place.
ski holidays
------------------
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've taken two 'family' holidays in La Ros. Perfect place for kids to learn to ski, but not enough after a couple of weeks on snow.
La Thuile is good, but it takes too long to get there...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy