Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Folie Douce - like or loathe?

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

Meribel has more to offer than noise and crowds I think

well that's great, isn't it - something for everyone?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sure, but when I make such a noise in my street I get caught by the police.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It clearly deserves a dedicated song!

http://youtube.com/v/Lsd-3DEtcSA

(edit. the correct link)

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sat 22-11-14 9:07; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The FD is compulsory on the last day of a bash - Dem's da rules snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
scubadancer wrote:
The FD is compulsory on the last day of a bash - Dem's da rules snowHead
Chalet de la Marine has a lovely, chilled-out playlist in the afternoons. Perfect for sunbathing to and meeting assorted snowHeads who happen to drop in for a drink and a chat. Looking forward to that for this year's EoSB.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar, nice place, but bladeskier, DoubleBombardino and I managed to spend a horrendous amount of money there once!

Er, see you there! wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Pedantica wrote:
rob@rar, nice place, but bladeskier, DoubleBombardino and I managed to spend a horrendous amount of money there once!
Excellent, so you'll know what to expect next time round.

Pedantica wrote:
Er, see you there! wink
Marvellous. Mine's a mojito.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob@rar, Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Loathe the place. Everything I'm not into. Each to their own though.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
A compulsory stop at afternoon especially if the weather is nice. Great sounding PA and nice music!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@sparkzter, +1
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My girls (in their 20s) get very embarrassed when my wife and I go there; but then I spent the 90s going to raves and I still get told to turn the dance music down at home Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@dsoutar, ha, yep nothing wrong with the music and it's a fun place but the state of some that fall out of there and ski like idiots down to La Daille is crazy, nothing wrong with a beer or 2 at the end of the day, it's part of the craic but I've been wiped out a few years ago by a low flying Henry down there and when I went to speak to him he couldn't hardly speak never mind ski properly! rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Meribel one opens on the 6/12, just in time for the odd snowhead to arrive on an IO trip..
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@sparkzter, @Markymark29, +2
snow report
Some right miserable old sods in this thread Laughing. The Folie is awesome!! It's fun!
latest report
Rather be skiing.......end of! rolling eyes
snow report
Stopped at the Meribel one in Jan - not really my cup of tea but different enough to be enjoyable for a drink or two. Wouldn't want them everywhere but in isolation not a problem.
ski holidays
Markymark29 wrote:
@dsoutar, ha, yep nothing wrong with the music and it's a fun place but the state of some that fall out of there and ski like idiots down to La Daille is crazy, nothing wrong with a beer or 2 at the end of the day, it's part of the craic but I've been wiped out a few years ago by a low flying Henry down there and when I went to speak to him he couldn't hardly speak never mind ski properly! rolling eyes

Quite. They key is to a) enjoy the music without getting wasted and b) to leave before those who have ignored that advice head down the slopes
snow report
@HoneyBunny,
Quote:

Some right miserable old sods in this thread

Oy, I may be old, but I'm not miserable (as you know.) wink
latest report
I'm in the 'yoof' camp, and have skied past the Val D one many times but never heard the sort of music I'd like to dance to.

Weathercam wrote:
I found it really useful a couple of months back skiing in a really bad white out trying to get back to Tignes from Val - I just headed for the "sound" so I knew where I was to drop down and get the right chair back up Smile

+1 Very Happy When lost, you can always think "Oh, I hear the steady booming, we must be near the Folie!"
ski holidays
@sparkzter,

+3 give me Austrian après any time.
ski holidays
HoneyBunny wrote:
Some right miserable old sods in this thread Laughing. The Folie is awesome!! It's fun!

So everyone has to like what you like.
ski holidays
Pedantica wrote:

Oy, I may be old, but I'm not miserable (as you know.) wink

Haha no, you are lovely!!

dogwatch wrote:

So everyone has to like what you like.

HoneyBunny wrote:
Some right miserable old sods in this thread
latest report
Love it in small doses, like skiing to the beat as you pass.
snow report
If the "miserable old sods" are those who don't agree that horrendously crowded, loud and expensive venues are awesome and fun, count me in. wink But I'd not have enjoyed it as a kid, either so I was probably a miserable young sod.

I ski to my own beat. Blush
snow conditions
@pam w, +1 (except for the last bit. But I wouldn't dream of turning this into a headphone thread. wink )
latest report
i am in the ski until the last lift group. Not really my thing jumping about with show off and rich russians spraying champagne about the place. I do love apres though but prefer the austrian kind
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@mikeelsa, I like skiing to the last lift. Then straight back for sauna/steam and swim if at all possible. Then stretch, shower, dress and FINALLY hit the pre-dinner vino. Drinking before I'm out of my ski gear - bar one small snifter - has never been my thing.
snow report
Pedantica wrote:
@mikeelsa, I like skiing to the last lift. Then straight back for sauna/steam and swim if at all possible. Then stretch, shower, dress and FINALLY hit the pre-dinner vino. Drinking before I'm out of my ski gear - bar one small snifter - has never been my thing.

Yep. Except pre-dinner G&T for me.

Wouldn't it be dull if we all liked the same things?
snow conditions
@dogwatch, it would indeed be dull.
snow conditions
Plenty of Eee Dee Emm going on there, think I'd just about scrape being at home, but I like my dance music a little less "in yer face". Still, France is off-limits this season due to my significant other's irrational hatred of all things tricouleur...

...oh and with you on I'd be out of my ski gear before hitting the bar for real.
latest report
Seeing that I spent the 90s avoiding going to raves and being somewhere on the grunge/alternative spectrum, the Folie Douce is really not my thing (the crepes in VT were ok though). I live by the general rule: if it doesn't have electric guitars, then the volume has to be turned down.

[A trip suggestions for the old ravers/electro kids on this thread: next time you are in Berllin check out Berghain - be warned though, hardest door in Germany].
ski holidays
Flet©h wrote:
The main issue with the Folie Douce is that since they are up the mountain they have to close when the lifts do. So instead of "apres ski" they are actually "au lieu du ski". I like a bit of apres but I can drink anytime, skiing is limited to between 9am and 5pm.

This. Otherwise, perfectly good fun - but I tend not to go when in 3V, for Fletch's reason.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy