Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What resort to choose?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

We (Group of 4) are looking at several resorts in the western Alps area and would like some opinions from people who have visited these places...
We are choosing between Cervinia, Saas Fee, La Rosiere and Montgenevre. Our levels range from complete beginner to intermediate, and are looking for somewhere that has great views, nice town environment (not too bothered about apres ski though), good intructors, and has a good snow record in mid january.

Any advise would be great and much appreciated.

Thanks
Stu
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Our levels range from complete beginner to intermediate, and are looking for somewhere that has great views, nice town environment (not too bothered about apres ski though), good intructors, and has a good snow record in mid january

stu20vt, You have just decribed La Rosiere, more village than town though.
Have a look at http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/shop_with_snowHeads.php and click on Tracks Vacations, or www.skiolympic.co.uk who have always been very good in my experience
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you have beginners in your group then Montgenevre would be a very good choice. It's high, so snow should be fine, and has particularly good nursery slopes.

For a nice town environment you'd be better off in Saas Fee.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cervinia is high and therefore relatively snow sure, and although I've not visited I know from those who have that it is a good intermediate area. As for Montgenevre, I have done days there and have always enjoyed it, although the rest of the Milky Way is a bit of a treck away. Late deals here are not that easy to come across though.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cerbinia is a very flattering intermediate area, with lots of similar wide open similar pistes of similar steepness.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the info...

Having read more about the resorts etc I think it is going to be between La Rosiere and Montgenevre.

Is there some decent ski shops there as I will be looking for some new boots.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stu20vt,

La Clusaz isn't on your original list, but it offers everything you are looking for fantastic scenery, picturesque town, traditional wooden chalets, excellent for beginners and intermediates. It also offers cheaper and better restaurants as well as cheaper lift pass prices than the larger resorts. The ski instructors are also nicer because it's not one of the huge resorts.

Interested? We have a lovely traditional chalet with open fire, 5 minutes walk from the pistes, and always get the first of the snow in winter. We have loads already!!!

If you want to know more check out our website www.gravite.co.uk
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
La Rosiere is excellent for near beginners and intermediates. It can be disappointing for complete beginners though as they may not get into the mountains, they may just stay on the lower slopes near the village. We stayed in a chalet with a family of 4 for a week, only Dad actually got to the top and saw how extensive mountains are, the other 3 were limited to the nursery slopes on the small hill facing the village. It might be worth looking at a resort where there is a good viewpoint available to beginners.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stu20vt,

La Clusaz has some lovely long greens to progress onto after the nursery slopes and some lovely gentle slopes on the top of the beauregard plateau - and no chairs, just a cable car to the top and some drag lifts. The views of mont blanc and the Aravis range are stunning too, and the trees make it even more picturesque. The restaurants also rpovide all those well deserved hot chocolates and vin chauds, essential to any beginner.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jane L, I have hear a similar story, yet beginner kids we went with (not ours) Were doing reds and blacks on the last 2 days over in Italy. The main "Tetras" blue from the top of the main chair back down to the resort is a lovely run for day 3-4 learners.

Edit: This 8 & 9 yr old did 2.5 hrs for 5 mornings with Evolution2 and skied with competant parents in the afternoons.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy