Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ste Foy Tarentaise

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ok the runs themselves a little limited, but perhaps this article explains why this resort is sometimes known as 'the French Alps best-kept secret'
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Here's a pic of Ste Foy on a busy day in January this year. And that was when much of E Killy was closed due to high winds!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wow. I was thinking about the disproportionate number of superb young race skiers who come from this tiny place (all the clubs from the Tarentaise Valley race each other during the season). All that off-piste must produce a truly rounded, all-in skier.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
PG, great aticle. I had heard about Sainte-Foy, but only vaguely. I knew it was the place instuctors were meant to go on their day off, knew it was small with only a few lifts, but never realised just how good the place was until now.
Now I hope no one else reads this article before I get a chance to go there....
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Please do not publish any more articles like this, this is the place we go when there's a fresh dump. We don't want the world and his wife over-running St Foy. I also believe it's already been over developed. PG is right about the skiers from this area, the guy who won the extreme ski world champships this year, Manu Gaidet is a 'tarin', born & bred in the Haute Tarentaise.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
In March this year I was tempted by a German couple to visit Ste Foy while staying in Boug St. Maurice for 4 nights, after skiing a week in Chamonix. It was our last day after touring Tignes, Les Arc, La Plagne and La Rosiere/La Thuile. My question to them was "Hasn't it got only 3 or 4 chairlifts?". Their response was "Yes but it is nice there".

Didn't take their advice and chose Valmorel instead because it is on our way back to Chamonix. Ste Foy is not on the opposite side and adds 25 to 30 miles more to the journey.

I am not sure if Ste Foy is that much better but Valmorel didn't disappoint us. We simply went to the far end of St. Francis and returned and that took nearly the whole day. Distance wise that is about going from St. Martin to the end of Val Thoren and back in the first valley of 3-Vallee.

I visited Boug. St. Maurice at the first week of March and the only long queue I met was in Plagne Bellecotte. The funicular to Les Arc 1600 was deserted and I could park my car next to the ski pass office. I think Tarentaise is so big that crowds at times other than the mid-term break are not really a big issue.

I would have a go at Ste Foy next time I drop into Tarentaise, as 25km piste is big enough for me in a relax skiing day. People booking a week holiday and go there by flying should be a bit more careful. France is littered with what I called as local resorts which are too small to support a week bashing from the skiing junkies. They don't appear in the brochure but are everywhere.

The European biggest drop of 2km from Les Arc's Aiguille Rouge 3227m is to descend to 1200m Villaroger. Ste Foy, at 1520m, is almost directly opposite to Villaroger in the same valley according to Map 3532ET map.

It wouldn't surprise me at all that this little fellow called Ste Foy could be ate up by the cosortium owner of Paradiski (Les Arc + La Plagne) in future.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thats very selfish David!

I doubt posting that article here will affect it too much, certianly less than the British property buyers as mentioned in the article. Plus it sounds like its being billed as a luxurious resort, so probably out of a lot of peoples price league....well certainly mine!

Sounds nice tho, maybe one day when im loaded as well! Sad
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Tomski01, in fact St Foy is (has been) the exact opposite, the lift pass is good value, there are no psuedy bars/restuarants. But now there are lots of new chalets/residences, so I guess in time it will change, although I hope, not too soon.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have also heard that Le Corbier/La Toussiere is now part of a new quite big linked ski area, and has currently managed to stay out of the British tour operators grasp?

I hope places like Saint Foy dont change too soon either, but you could argue that it becoming a luxurious accomodtation place will mean it will always have some exclusivity!

The rest of us could always camp i guess, now that would be a cheap holiday, with those cheap lift pass rates?!!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Tom, in fact I met 4 guys there, a couple of years ago, who were living in a camper van, to do just that. It always amazes me that you can see people in caravans or RVs in the depths of winter.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy