Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotels near STansted

Poster: A snowHead
Arriving back at Stansted at 11.30pm, anyone know of any reasonable hotels around? We normallly get a Travellodge, but they haven't a 24hr reception.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's a Hilton alongside the long term car park
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I tried, but had to book 2 rooms as there were no family ones availabel. It came out around £200. I have found one in Dunmow called the Bushel and Sack for about £90 , think I'll try that one . Thanks again.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Helen, Dunmow is a fair way from Stansted, you could try Bishops Storford, it's closer. Good Luck
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Helen Beaumont,
Quote:
We normallly get a Travellodge, but they haven't a 24hr reception.

Brings back memories! Thomas Cook booked me into a hotel near Stansted once for a flight arriving at 11.30pm from Corfu. My car was at Luton airport (don't ask). The taxi from the airport, half an hour's fruitless wait at a closed hotel, plus same taxi down to a Holiday Inn somewhere near the M25 cost a small fortune. It took me more than a year to get costs and compensation. Taught me to double-check myself, at least!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Helen Beaumont, How are you travelling?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Helen

Just looked on my system and these hotels are all in Stanstead.

Bentfield House (01279) 816968
Chimneys (01279) 813388
Larches (01279) 813957
Laurels Hotel (01279) 813023
Norman House (01279) 812343

Don't know any of them but they are all fairly small.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Try http://www.welcomebreak.co.uk/location_details.php?id=2&go=More+Info . It;s a welcome break at the Birchanger services, by the M11. Their phone number is 01279 656477. Don't know what they're opening hours are but might be worth a look. Beware the taxis at Stansted are run as a Cartel and can be very expensive even to Bishop's Stortford (I've heard £15 one way!).
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There's a Nat Xpress bus direct to Luton at 00:30, there are a number of good cheap hotels around the airport and a couple within walking distance.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Won't be using the taxis as car is parked there. Just don't want a long drive north in the middle of the night. Thanks for your info everyone.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Helen,
you could go for a short drive north up the M11 to Cambridge (about 30 mins) - there's loads of hotels here, also it is heading in the right direction for Durham as you can then get on the A14 (which the M11 turns into), then onto the A1.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Helen I have a system with most hotels in. If you want a specific area just ask and I'll provide as above.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Helen,

We stayed at the stansted Airport Motel last year. It's very basic (2 star), but it's clean and the staff we're really helpful. It takes less then 10 mins from the airport to the motel using the airport taxi service.

We also left our car with the motel for the week at an inclusive price.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Car Park already paid for, but thanks. I will search again tonight and let you know how I get on.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
LJ, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
ski holidays
LJ, welcome, I didn't notice you were new. Well spotted Elizabeth B,
snow report
There's a hotel at Bar Hill on the A14 just north of Cambridge. Will be about 40 mins from the airport and would be ideal for an early morning set-off up north as you'll avoid the worst traffic around Cambridge. Can't remember the chain, but I'm sure a Google search would bring it up.
snow conditions
Thanks Elizabeth & Helen ! Very Happy
snow report
That Bushell and Sack is on the main road so easy to find and is less than 20 mins from the airport with the new dual carraigeway recently opened.

Michael B, I think you have listed places in Stansted village which is a short drive away from the airport.
latest report
Hi Ian :- I was trying to show that I can list anywhere. I have 24K hotels on a database. If Helen says where I can give a fairly definitive list of what is in that area.
snow report
Thanks guys, all sorted now. Off in the morning, can't wait!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy