Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Marker Glide Control D-system 12 boot fitting/forward pressure

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone.

There seems to be no info on setting up these bindings!?!? Marker release nothing GRRR!

So does anyone know how to set the D-system mounted bindings?

I need to adjust the bindings to my boots, They are 303mm sole length and what is causing me confusion is that when I set the bindings to 302mm (on the adjustment rails) there seems to be almost no forward pressure, the rear tab (what is a screw on most bindings) is fully exposed. It seems to be that the only way to get forward pressure is to make the bindings closer together as there is no forward pressure screw to fine adjust. To get the forward pressure tab close to flush with the back of the rear binding (which I believe marker bindings with screw adjusters should be) I have to shorten the bindings to about 290mm. The problem with this is the boot rear doesn't enter well at all, so somewhere between those (set 302 front 290 rear) where the boot go in fine and forward pressure is about 60% covered.

I went to my local ski shop with my K2 rictors after buying new boots from them to have the bindings adjusted but he didn't know how...

Incase you need to know what I mean this will help a lot;
http://youtube.com/v/wOG31l-RgEI

So if anyone can help I would be over the moon!!!!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.markercertification.com/downloads/MarkerTecManual_2012_13.pdf?button=Go

Found this, it is the Marker service manual.

Page 99 of the PDF (97 of document) there is a part that shows the forward pressure. With 302mm set on front and back the forward pressure "white tab" is only just being pushed into. Seems a tad odd this way round.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The manual is a bit difficult to understand without having the binding in front of me but from what I can deduce it ought to be possible to set the front and rear to different lengths. So if 302 is too long and 290 too short you could try setting the front to 302 and the rear to 290 (or vice versa). Which you choose will make a slight difference where the boot ends up relative to the centre line of the ski.

M
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yea, that is what I took away from it too. I will start with 302mm as it seem like it is just in the "good forward pressure" area, if I feel them move I can move the back one forward as you say to add more pressure Smile

Cheers
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've got a pair, and you're right - there is no specific forward pressure adjustment.

So just set up the markings on the front and rear bindings as near to your BSL as you can. If it's too tight/slack then vary the heel a bit.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cheers Mosha! Happy to hear someone who has experience! Nice one.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ThEGr33k, Just what I was after, needed this manual to adjust the boot length on my Völkl Racetiger Speedwall GS Modell 2013/14 Marker rMotion 16.0 Binding.

Thanks

Nick
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
NickRno77, the bindings you have DO have a forward pressure adjustment unlike the bindings details above.

See section 7.1/page 60 of the tech manual: http://www.markercanada.com/pdf/manual/13%2014%20Tech%20Manual%20USA.pdf

I'd be very surprised in any 16din binding on the market didn't have a separate forward adjustment as at high dins the FP adjustment needs to be spot on.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
spyderjon, I'm mounting my SitSki on these. I was told the boot length is 320 but when I measured the alloy foot on the praschberger monoski it measure 323 give or take, so I set the toe and heal to 323 mounted the SitSki then adjusted the heal adjuster till the screw was flush. I set the binding to the maximum DIN as I don't want the bindings to release the sitski.

Cheers
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
NickRno77 wrote:
spyderjon, I'm mounting my SitSki on these. I was told the boot length is 320 but when I measured the alloy foot on the praschberger monoski it measure 323 give or take, so I set the toe and heal to 323 mounted the SitSki then adjusted the heal adjuster till the screw was flush. I set the binding to the maximum DIN as I don't want the bindings to release the sitski. Cheers

That's perfect.

I'd recommend regularly inspecting the plastic rail interface as that's the weak link on that binding, especially with the force applied by a sitski. For use on a sitski I personally will only install flat mounted bindings directly to the ski due to the loads involved.

I've done a number of sitski set-up's were the users didn't want the bindings to release at all - if you need to know how just let me know.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
spyderjon, I didn't think of the plastic rail being a weak point so I'll keep an eye on it thanks. I have some Atomic Race X18 bindings spare so I guess they might be a good option if I have trouble. The Head C170 ski that I have been using uses a Tyrolia 18DIN binding which has never released.

I'm hoping I don't need to pin/block the bindings but thanks for the offer anyway. I'm not likely to stress the binding release any time soon as I'm at the early stages of SitSkiing, I'm skiing indoors at MK and Hemel Hempstead fairly independently but my next goal is to get outdoors. I'm hoping to make my 1st outdoor ski at Stubai Austria in November if my plan comes together Smile

I've got a lot to learn Puzzled
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@ThEGr33k,

Hi I have exactly the same problem you had with my new marker bindings, my boot is 305, the guys that mounted the bindings set them at 302/302.
I took them into a local ski shop to get double checked & re waxed & they said forward pressure was not enough & have set them at 302/290.
Did you ever find out how to tell if the forward pressure is correct/how to adjuts, the little bolt thing at the back, what is it suppose to line up with ?
The 2 web links other guys posted are dead links.
Can you help ?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@ThEGr33k, Hi the web link you posted is now a dead link, do you have a copy of the manual or a new link you could send ?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@spyderjon,

hi, I have the exact same problem with marker binding, how do you tell the correct position of the bolt ? also the link you posted for the marker manual is now dead, do you have a new link or could you send copy of manual ?
have had them at 2 shops & both set them differently & seemed confused as to what they were doing.
need them right.
first shop set to 302/302 and next at 302/290.
my boot is 305
Thanks
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy