Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who has booked for next year...

Poster: A snowHead
Kay wrote:
elgrego wrote:
Yes booked for Morillon 1100 again Smile

Thinking go going back there in Jan.(not tied to school holidays now). Loved it there. Where are you staying. Not sure whether to book now to get good apartment but probably should wait to see what the snows like. Never had the choice before.

We have to book exactly with being tied to the school hols Sad

Hoping for a second visit as well in 2015 if things work out.

Stay in the Refuge L'Alpage which is on the right hand corner up the hill from under the arch.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Christmas Les Menuires
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nothing yet but christams in La Thuile is a possibility and maybe the last week in Jan in Kitzbhuel too.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Half term flights booked - do you have to warn Lufthansa that you are going to be taking skis ?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Tesco clubcard vouchers purchased for Chunnel Christmas week so we are definitely going but not sure where yet.....somewhere in the GM accommodation search well under way
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
musher wrote:
Half term flights booked - do you have to warn Lufthansa that you are going to be taking skis ?

Yes, as early as possible is my reading of the small print. snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
NeddySkiGoon,
Thanks - I'll get Mrs M onto the case Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Booked la Tania at Christmas and booked flights to Geneva mid march. Not booked where we are going in march will take a last minute deal closer to the time. We will be taking our 5 yro out of school in march. Her school allows two weeks authorised absence a year most people who use it for skiing Wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
January trip on hold with tour operator, will almost certainly be booked Monday, March trip to La Tania deposit paid. That's a third of my salary spent on skiing in 2015, scary.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
We have booked Les Carroz and Sainte Foy. snowHead Looking forward to going back to the Chalets de Jouvence in Les Carroz. It will be our first trip to Sainte Foy.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
always29 wrote:
January trip on hold with tour operator, will almost certainly be booked Monday, March trip to La Tania deposit paid. That's a third of my salary spent on skiing in 2015, scary.

Did you find a TO that met your needs?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
NickyJ, Espirit to Val D. for the first trip, the La Tania trip is with Family Friendly Skiing, as per the recommendation on the other always29s other thread.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Richard_Sideways wrote:
NickyJ, Espirit to Val D. for the first trip, the La Tania trip is with Family Friendly Skiing, as per the recommendation on the other always29s other thread.

Excellent, hope it is good. Hope it goes well, I would be really interested to hear how you get on with both.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yup - already done - La Plagne mid January 2015 Smile

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Mon 2-06-14 19:23; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yes, Val Di 3 times and Niesko which I'm very much looking forward to, it's supposed to be amazing
snow report
Pre- season weekend booked to Mountainsun at Tignes in November. Back to Mountainsun for Christmas (will be the first time I've skied at Espace Killy with the whole domain open - so stupidly excited) and just waiting for a couple of apartment websites to populate their prices for half term (the perils of exam aged children).

Summer hols all booked too - am having to try and keep the smug grin off my face or my colleagues will rebel.
ski holidays
Booked for Val Thorens at easter but just had an email from Crystal to say they need to change my accom...not happy.
This is the second time that have done this to me. whats the point of booking early?
latest report
Corduroy, not good!
ski holidays
Hi, can anyone recommend any resorts that meet the following criteria:
1) small and not too crowded at half term
2) decent skiing for a very mixed ability group (range from a beginner through to experts)
3) good snow record and high chance of pow Smile Smile (not that foreseeable sadly)

Found Andermatt, Engelberg and Monte Rosa- any other ideas?
Many thanks
latest report
JackSkier, you have a PM
ski holidays
NickyJ wrote:
always29 wrote:

Did you find a TO that met your needs?

Presumably the Oxford ski company.
snow report
NickyJ wrote:
Corduroy, not good!

Not its not good, i'm bloody annoyed.....again.

It seems that booking with Crystal early is a lottery, they sell the holidays and then try to secure the accommodation. And if they can't then the customer suffers while they hide behind their t&c's.
They have made me an offer of alernative apartments that really don't inspire me so i have requested a different one of my choosing. We will see what happens.

I understand that poo-poo happens sometimes so we will see how they deal with it, hopefully it will be positively.
snow report
Corduroy wrote:
NickyJ wrote:
Corduroy, not good!

Not its not good, i'm bloody annoyed.....again.

It seems that booking with Crystal early is a lottery, they sell the holidays and then try to secure the accommodation. And if they can't then the customer suffers while they hide behind their t&c's.
They have made me an offer of alernative apartments that really don't inspire me so i have requested a different one of my choosing. We will see what happens.

I understand that poo-poo happens sometimes so we will see how they deal with it, hopefully it will be positively.

I hope so. Maybe find something suitable in hand from another TO which you are prepared to switch to..... Just in case, so you feel comfortable asking for a refund.
snow report
Corduroy, how have you got on?
snow report
NickyJ wrote:

Well, i responded to their email but have heard nothing back yet.
I'll give them another day and see what happens.

One very annoying thing i noticed was that in their one line email there is no attempt at an apology. There email simply reads:

"Please find attached letter of accommodation change for your ski booking due to loss of contract. Please advise us how you wish to proceed with the booking by 10/06/14."

And that is it. The attached letter offers two options but no apology or explanation as to why they operate this way.
snow report
Corduroy, very annoying. I would be tempted to try and get somebody on the phone, to speak to and discuss your options. It makes it more personal than email
ski holidays
I went to Muhlbach not so far from Salzburg last year for our first family ski holiday, loved it especially for kids. Tried to book same hotel week after we got home but was booked out already.

Was great as it was all in with great food for 1,000 euro for 7 nights. Hotel Schwaiger in Muhlbach if you are interested and great ski school there.
snow report
jirac18 wrote:
Tesco clubcard vouchers purchased for Chunnel Christmas week so we are definitely going but not sure where yet.....somewhere in the GM accommodation search well under way

All booked up for Les Carroz in the GM Christmas week, can't wait!!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
JackSkier, Check out Axamer Lizum or Khutai both near Innsbruck.
latest report
I've just booked flights to Turin and car hire for 3 days from Thurs 11th Dec for the GF's birthday. I'll wait and see what the snow is doing before choosing which area to base ourselves in but there should be plenty of choice even last minute at that time of year.

Hopefully there'll be a big early dump somewhere.... but if the worse comes to worst, I was thinking Orelle for access to VT
snow conditions
northantsred, Thanks, hadn't heard of Axamer Lizum, trouble is looked at some accommodation and doesn't look like they have any chalets big enough (SC 14 people) Thanks though
latest report
NickyJ wrote:

SORTED.

Crap happens but its how you deal with it that counts.....right?

Crystal came through for us and we got upgraded by one star and one bedroom, can't grumble at that.
I spoke to a very nice lady called Hailey who apologised and worked her magic.

I'm one happy marmot.
snow report
Corduroy, good news!
snow report
Does anyone know if Crystal are having problems, because we had the same situation as Corduroy with our Christmas booking to Selva, accommodation removed from brochure?
ski holidays
Bartezki, was it a chalet, there were some tales of chalet operators having their licences revoked by the Italian authorities last winter.

Tunnel is booked, but we may have an opportunity to bring forward our trip by a week and have 5 weeks instead of 4. Now that would be something.
snow conditions
Number one booked.

YSE Chalet in Val second week in December, TDC early season course, £800 with a pass. snowHead
ski holidays
Three weeks now booked, Mountain Tracks/Ste Foy in January, 11BB/Arabba in February, Inside Out/San Cassiano in March. Guess I'll probably succumb to the EoSB as well. That'll probably do. Toofy Grin
snow report
Pedantica, wow impressive!!

Nothing booked for me yet as I am trying to firm up a half baked idea I have for a season Shocked Laughing
latest report
Quote:

Crap happens but its how you deal with it that counts.....right?

Crystal came through for us and we got upgraded by one star and one bedroom, can't grumble at that.
I spoke to a very nice lady called Hailey who apologised and worked her magic.

I'm one happy marmot.

great news

i was getting worried reading that as we have booked through Crystal
snow conditions
me and Hils have already booked Easyjet and BA flights to Zurich next Jan and Feb, and we've booked our B&B in St Anton for both holidays. You can never get a TARDIS when you need one.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy