Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who has booked for next year...

Poster: A snowHead
Pedantica, Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pedantica wrote:
Three weeks now booked, Mountain Tracks/Ste Foy in January, 11BB/Arabba in February, Inside Out/San Cassiano in March. Guess I'll probably succumb to the EoSB as well. That'll probably do. Toofy Grin

Why isn't there a green smiley? So jealous!

Christmas - to be booked.
SBB11 - booked, paid for, flights booked, paid for.
PreBB3 - awaiting buttons.
snowHead

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sat 7-06-14 20:39; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
NeddySkiGoon wrote:

Why isn't there a green smiley? So jealous!

There is Going green Going green Going green Going green
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sarah - If you are planning a season I'll be sending you some Going green Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Now booked a flight from Leeds Bradford to Geneva for a cheeky weekend late March, probably go back to Morzin,e as will only have 2 1/2 days skiing. So with February and March booked only a week in Janaury left to sort nearer the time Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I have a spare Chalet at half term only I wont know which one untill about a week before.

Free to a passionate snow head Family as Long as you Leave it as you find it.

Nix
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
nixmap, Thats a generous offer Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
nixmap, fantastic offer! Very kind (especially considering the grief you get on here, ha)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
nixmap, It is a very nice offer, and I am sure all will appreciate it. I have refrained from commenting on your other post but it seems genuine enough. Ok so I can see why people see it is slave labour, but then if that person likes the idea (and I certainly would have loved the opportunity when younger) I would have jumped at the chance. Nowadays, I prefer my own slaves Happy. I just need to buy a chalet to put one in Toofy Grin (I am looking at buying one in a years time!)
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
just send me a message

What are the Dates for half term any how?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just booked a week in Deux Alpes at the end of January!

Nothing spectacular, just the average catered chalet holiday
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
homers double, So long as it has snow, who cares Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Exactly! And 2 for 1 lift pass thrown is was better than nothing.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
nixmap wrote:
just send me a message

What are the Dates for half term any how?

14th feb till 21st.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Wohoo! The coming season is shaping up nicely...

- 16 days Tahoe & Utah Xmas and New Year.
- Megeve for 4 days on the work trip end of January
- Chamonix for 4 days with clients mid March
- 2 x long weekends to see friends living in Morzine
- 1 week in Austria (resort tbc) for the annual mates trip

36 days! And only 7 days taken from next year's holiday allowance...

Very, very spoiled. Mind you, will have a long way to go to beat last year's full season on the slopes Sad
ski holidays
Harry Flashman, do you have to pay tax in the work trips? Benefit in kind?
latest report
1 week in Megève (January)
Possible few days in Utah (February)
1 week in Crans-Montana (March)
snow report
Filthyphil30k, only if declared as a benefit. If it were me id put it down as business and claim any travel on expenses against my company Happy
ski holidays
PaulC1984, I agree, but it is possible that HM tax man might view it as a perk.
latest report
It's client entertainment/being entertained. We have rules on how much we can accept from counterparties, so I will pay for the trip I guest on - company will do flights, I will do everything else except some dinners etc. But I don't have to take any holiday...which is the big one for me.

HMRC are pretty aware of this sort of thing - I work for a pretty reputable financial institution, and all business expenses are detailed and declared against corporation tax...
snow report
Good for you, was not knocking it, just wondered how it would work.
snow conditions
I imagine a builder might find it harder to explain why a client needed 4 days skiing to make a decision.

I always wonder about all the corporate tickets to Wimbledon etc, nice tax free perk if you can get it.
ski holidays
Filthyphil30k, that depends - I maybe looking to build in the alps Happy
latest report
PaulC1984, and that would be fine. But if you builder had just been awarded a contract to build a power station and you were the finance company behind the deal it might look iffy?
snow conditions
Filthyphil30k, this is true indeed
ski holidays
Filthyphil30k wrote:
Good for you, was not knocking it, just wondered how it would work.

No - genuinely a good question, and companies (especially in the financial services/City space, where we are) have to be very careful.

Not just tax - but nowadays Bribery Act is relevant and other regulatory legislation. Are such expensive jaunts inducing particular business deals? Back in the day, Alan Stanford flew a load of analysts/underwriters out to the Caribbean on his jet and spent thousands entertaining them. Many wrote glowing reports of Stanford Financial - unwarranted, and unresearched, losing investors a lot of money. Many of those insurance people backed the enterprise, losing their companies/reinsurers/shareholders a lot of money. All pretty dodgy territory.
snow conditions
I Am aware of the bribery act, people can't even give me a bottle of wine anymore.
latest report
Shocked

Sad world we live in, Phil. Sad indeed. wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Harry Flashman, how true, a week in Las Vegas with everything paid for was my best "client" meeting.

I thought I was going to die towards the end.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy