Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who has booked for next year...

Poster: A snowHead
Been looking already - has anyone booked up for next year. As we will be restricted to half term is it worth booking up ASAP?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you want the best choice of accommodation then you may need to book. If it has to be half term then speak to the usual TOs. You will find people tend to book straight after they return from last trip.

I have booked already for NY 2014/15 to get the choice of chalet. Wife teaches and two children so we ski at New Year. We were back 2 days and making enquiries.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yep I have booked for next season, going with Esprit to St Anton in April 2015
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Considering booking with Mark Warner for this coming Christmas, probably at La Plagne. Pru-health currently gives me 40% off the Mark Warner price so just need to check if this carried over upon renewal (Company health insurance). So looking but not booked yet.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jezza123, If they give you 40% off MW Christmas booking that is a massive discount. I'm off to read the pru website.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Agreed that is really good, I was comparing going MW or Esprit a 40% discount would have changed the equation massively.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not even booked for this season yet!!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
In Galtur at present - going home tomorrow PM, wondering where to go in March and April, I will start to plan next season come November
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Booked my Christmas and New Year accommodation for 2014/2015 as I paid the bill for this year's holiday. That way I get the room I want and no problems! Lots of Germans, Austrian, Dutch and Scandinavians do the same for peak weeks.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Why is this in Equipment section?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Must have made a balls of it when I started it.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mike-H, There's a lot of caveats to the 40% off. You need to be active on the pru-health vitality programme and be at their "platinum" level.
Also its a corporate account, so it might differ for individual policies.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Have started looking but not booked anything.

Tbh I quite like the idea of skiing over Xmas (so this year really) but wondering which resort would be best for it..
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Already booked for NY. Booked it before we arrived this (last?) NY!!

Garmisch again!!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I really want to book Les Saisies (Bisanne 1500) again for Xmas 2014 but nervous after such a lack of snow this last Xmas (that said we did have a fantastic trip regardless of weather). Off to GM Morillon 15 Feb for first time so will wait and see how we find that before booking Xmas just in case we love it more than Les Saisies....Oh I'm just confusing myself now.
ski holidays
What are the flight prices like for new year, anyone know? I'd really like to try and take my son next year but that would mean 2 trips so need to keep costs down as much as possible.
latest report
not even finished booking this season! or even stated thinking about summer hols.

I wouldn't make use of a tour op very-early discount. Chances are they haven't even signed contracts for the accommodation yet. I'm sure it's rare but you do see stories of people that "secured" accom way in advance and then get dumped last minute. GL finding group accommodation that late.

I might consider booking now direct with hotel for say New Year or something. Which I'm sure is what most in Germany etc. would be doing anyway.
snow report
I have already had provisional bookings for apartment for xmas and new year, half term and a week in January. The only reason they are provisional is that I haven't prepared any documentation for next year yet.

Never had this interest this early before. Suspect with the poor early season snow Val Thorens will be busy next year.
snow conditions
Nunfa1 wrote:
What are the flight prices like for new year, anyone know? I'd really like to try and take my son next year but that would mean 2 trips so need to keep costs down as much as possible.

I priced up new year on flights with BA from Gatwick to Geneva and it was coming up just shy of £400 for our family of 4.
snow report
Elizabeth B wrote:
Not even booked for this season yet!!

When it was just me and Hubby we booked last minute as we just wanted snow and didn't really care too much about where we were staying. Now 2 kids with us I am fussy about making sure they have their own rooms but interconnecting or family apartments, and need entertainment for them as well, plus we are now tied to school holidays.
snow conditions
Just booked for next years half term. Going back to Madonna di Campiglio again. Stopping at Hotel St Raphael, was good this year so no reason to think it won't be again. Very Happy
snow conditions
Just booked the March flights (easyjet £40 each Gatwick to Geneva) so waiting for April returns to come out-going 28th March to VT where we went this year and it was great. Booked an apartment on homeaway, quite surprised by how many owners do not have their prices up for next year-you'd think they'd be ready for people coming back from their Easter holidays, keen to book for next year. Those with prices seem to be higher at the end of April than the start-French holidays perhaps-so there are some bargains going early Easter hols.
snow report
Not yet, Bil going to Japan, but I can't go with him Crying or Very sad currently looking at whistler for 10 days with the family. May well go on IOS pre season tune up and another boys trip.
snow conditions
ansta1, have you seen that Esprit has added Whistler to there portfolio?
snow conditions
Got a deposit down on an apartment for next Easter; refundable too. Which is nice.
ski holidays
Sauze d'Oulx in March already booked, just waiting on some final details for Winter Park (Denver) in January... and some PSB buttons would be nice snowHead
snow conditions
10 weeks in Les Deux Alpes, 3 in January then the last 7 weeks of the season Happy
ski holidays
Claude B, Very Happy

Three weeks in the apartment in Serre Chevalier in January, then a week at the S11BB in Arabba. Dates confirmed on hubby's work calendar, so it looks like it is on.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hells Bells, Great Happy We'll have to meet up again, I'd like to explore Serre Chevalier further.
latest report
NickyJ wrote:
ansta1, have you seen that Esprit has added Whistler to there portfolio?

Indeed I have.
snow report
Didn't get away this season so couldn't resist booking for next year in advance.

Got 4 days in La Clusaz in January and 2 weeks in Canada split between Big White and Revelstoke end of Feb. Hoping to get another trip in March but will leave that until last minute.
ski holidays
Didn't get away this season so couldn't resist booking for next year in advance.

Got 4 days in La Clusaz in January and 2 weeks in Canada split between Big White and Revelstoke end of Feb. Hoping to get another trip in March but will leave that until last minute.
latest report
Flights booked in to SLC, UT Feb. for next year - truck secured with small deposit and hotel on arrival and depart sorted. All at better than prices than this years Madeye-Smiley Just need to sort some accom. for the middle part and decide where. Deffo heading up to Jackson too and with a possiblity of Big Sky thrown in. 18 days of fun Madeye-Smiley

nickr, If you are driving between Big White and Revvy why not take in somewhere else too ? Plenty to go at. Revvy is a great place but if not any fresh snow might get a little bored for a week, so might be worth a day trip out somewhere else.

Plenty of folks seem to be getting their snow fix sorted early Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Bones, we deliberated over adding in another stop somewhere else, but will have our 3 year old daughter with us so might be a bit too much messing about. Big White and Revelstoke both very convenient ski in ski out locations with childcare facilities on site, so once we're there it should be easy. Hoping there will be plenty of snow at Revvy in Feb, and if not, it'll still be better than being at work!

Your trip sounds brilliant - I looked at booking Snowbird and Jackson or Jackson and Big Sky but was too expensive, hence we ended up booking to go to BC instead. Maybe in 2016 if I get a pay rise!
snow conditions
Week in L2A in January, booked since February this year Very Happy last season had a week in Morzine, and short (working) breaks in L2A/AdH and Valmorel, all of were fab although the snow in the latter wasn't great; it WAS mid-April though
ski holidays
We have 2 weeks booked in Selva, Christmas and February. Like Andy said, we have had problems with our original choice having been told by Crystalski that it is not available this year due to contract difficulties, but they have upgraded us at no extra cost, so not all bad booking early Smile
snow report
Have booked a week with family ski to ardent in Feb, 12.5% off accommodation Very Happy
snow report
Kuhtai in jan with the family and might coincide with The Jump if they do it again Sad
latest report
Booked with the over 50s for Cervinia in March
Also a quickie long weekend with friend in Villiers
Looking for a good early Feb deal in Austria for my family group of 8 mixed skiers/boarders.
Any suggestions?
latest report
Already booked 2! NY in tignes and the S11BB 3 weeks later Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy