Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Thorens for a non-skiier??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Question for anyone who knows VT...

What would you expect the weather to be like on EOSB week (on average and in general terms, of course - I won't sue if you get it wrong ) and what's the place like for non-skiiers?? My Mrs is a confirmed non-combatant and is far from impressed by my suggestion that I should attend EOSB for the good of my sanity - so perhaps I can pursuade her to tag along if VT isn't too much of a dump. I don't s'pose she would do much except sleep, read and look out the window but it would be nice if I could say the sun's likely to shine. Any ideas??
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Red Leon, VT is not really a place for the non-skier. If all she really wants to do is sleep, read and look out of the window, then fine, but I think she might start going a bit crazy after a day or so.
The weather though will be wonderful.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There is a nice pool, gym etc. and a small indoor shopping mall but not much else for a non skier. Oh and a market (cannot remember which day. It really depends on how easily amused she is.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Red Leon, typically it is ridiculously sunny in April. High spf sun creams compulsory.
Of course mountains being what they are, I saw VT get 70cm of new snow on the 5th of May once so anything's possible.
Honestly, Val Thorens is not generally considered a top destination for non-skiers.

However... There is a swimming pool with sauna, solarium, steam rooms, hot tubs etc. A cinema, two World class restaurants (and many other nice ones).
At least a couple of the peaks are accessable without skis. The Funitel Peclet goes up to quite a pleasant restaurant (good place to sit and read perhaps) and the Cime de Caron has the most inspiring view from the top.
Each week there's a concert in the Church, the music alternating between Classic and Jazz.

Maybe your wife would like to try, Tobogganing, Paragliding, Snowmobiling, Ice driving, climbing an Ice waterfall or perhaps Microlight flying from the Moutière plateau? Failing that there are apparently 24 sport shops, 15 food shops, 10 clothes and fashion shops, 7 gifts and souvenirs shops, an optician, 4 photo-video shops, 3 bookshops, 2 hairdressers and 3 tobacconists (or that's what the web site says).
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Isn't the peclet the one that got buried in an avalanche last season? Has it opened again?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
nbt, yes - Peclet was open at Easter.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
nbt, yes but it was the season before last.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks, chaps

Mrs L is very inactive rolling eyes so I don't see her toboganning or climbing an ice wall! Her ideal holiday (if such a thing exists) involves nothing more strenuous than a visit to a house & garden! I can see I'm going to have to do some serious sweet-talking! Shocked
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
admin,
Quote:

two World class restaurants

I've been to L'Oxalys which is the other one Puzzled
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Red Leon, The ride from town up to the Cime de Caron involves three 'relaxing' cable car rides. There's a viewing platform at the very top and a restaurant to sit in (or outside on the terrace in the sun) with the most incredible view

Any help? Wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Lower down the valley there are places such as St Martin and even Moutier. I am sure that there are busses (not free) between the places. St Martin can be skiied to and is said by many to be a beautiful old village, so could be a good place for a lunchtime meeting. Moutier is a fairly big town, lots of shops and so on. If the non skier likes a bit of travel then these may be suitable for day trips.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
st martin Is quite a sweet little village but whilst it can be skied to from vt, being so much further down the valley, it probably wont have any snow by the end of April.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
.. and that is why the chairlift allows people to ride down as well as up. At least it did the last time I was there.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Forget it - offer her a week in a spa somewhere else instead wink VT is not really the place for a non skier - while not hideously ugly it certainly isn't pretty and and it's so high it's all rather bleak scenery.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ajhainey is right, I'd say VT was about the worst place in the alps for a non-skier

good skiing though!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy