Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Test technique post mortem

Poster: A snowHead
stewart woodward wrote:
Go, Go ,Go Very Happy

How does she see the banners when they are set so low Puzzled

Standards must be slipping...... taxi!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@JamesHJ,

I think the big day is this week Puzzled

ski hard, ski fast & leave it all on the hill wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JamesHJ wrote:

Standards must be slipping...... taxi!
Quality! Worthy of Geepee himself!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
So, finished for the year and not a hell of a lot to show for it Sad.

Strange how giant improvements in skiing technique are not translating into giant improvements in race time. The ESF coaches at ADH, who I have a lot of time for, reckon that fitness is the issue. If the necessary lifestyle changes can be made starting now, then there might be time for a final go in the Autumn, otherwise it is probably all over folks.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
JamesHJ wrote:
Strange how giant improvements in skiing technique are not translating into giant improvements in race time.

Thats an interesting comment. I've wondered for a while if the focus for 'Instructor' race test training is wrong. A lot of technical, not enough 'race'. To be a racer as much a state of mind as anything else.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
AndAnotherThing.. wrote:
JamesHJ wrote:
Strange how giant improvements in skiing technique are not translating into giant improvements in race time.

Thats an interesting comment. I've wondered for a while if the focus for 'Instructor' race test training is wrong. A lot of technical, not enough 'race'. To be a racer as much a state of mind as anything else.

Different strokes for different folks I reckon. In retrospect there was far too much banging into slalom poles this year. This years comment was "press on the outside ski", repeated ad-nauseum.

Worked just fine in free skiing, yet fell apart in the slalom. Not quite the strength and quickness to keep it up at race speeds.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
She did plenty of races as well, even picked up a nice plastic cup from one! The mental side was not a problem. She said that it was the first year she stood at the top of the signal and was not scared shitless!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@JamesHJ, Hope she gets it sorted next year.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Remains to be seen... It will require some serious lifestyle changes and it has to come from inside I suppose. Not up to me to decide.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It's dark, my body is in agony, i'm trying to force down a huge breakfast of cereal... it must be time to revisit this thread!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
JamesHJ wrote:
Remains to be seen... It will require some serious lifestyle changes and it has to come from inside I suppose.

I can't close the top button of my salopettes. The (ski) boot is on the other foot!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm sorry, but I just can't get images to post. That's the L2A glacier right now though. Wonderful conditions and full size slalom gates tomorrow!

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Mon 13-07-20 12:10; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It might be because that URL is a web page.
Try using the URL for the image itself https://imgpile.com/images/uNXyM4.jpg
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks @motyl Madeye-Smiley

There it is in all its glory. Magnificent skiing at the moment, down to the funiculaire.
ski holidays
(Deleted)

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 13-07-20 12:09; edited 2 times in total
latest report

View from the top, perfect racing conditions in the mornings.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy