Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Has SCGB completely closed the chat forum now!?

Poster: A snowHead
Just tried going into the SCGB forum and found that there are no topics or posts ... just a big blank. Anyone else noticed that? maybe its just me but have they totally pulled the plug now due to the uproar "MO" day caused!?

I am a member but couldn't care less - I just wish everyone would vote with their feet and stop using the SCGB site.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I can't log onto SCGB as a member. One of my email logons (registered user) works, but that doesn't let me into members chat. Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I can't get into members anything anymore - in fact my mebership number etc doesn't seem to be recognised - maybe they booted me out - oh well
I'm sure my critisism wasn't _that_ bad!! rolling eyes

Stuart
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
No log-in to the SCGB forum for me either.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I just looked and it simply says,"Sorry, there are no snow talk forums to show."

On their home page there are no news stories or features either.
Looking around the site it appears that anything which includes data that would typically be held in a database is absent.

oooOOOoooh!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Maybe they just think people aren't moving over to snowHeads fast enough.
Wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I had a look and it had gone completely silent - also there news and features section has dissappeared. Sir David was alluding to 'things happening' on Thursday so maybe this is a precursor...

Either that or my polite acknowledgement of the presence of Madam President was considered the final straw Shocked
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi everyone, only me.

We have had a problem with our website this afternoon. Sorry about that. Trying to fix it now.

Laura Sad
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Welcome to snowHeads Laura!!!!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi Laura,
please excuse the paranoia of my fellow SnowHeads Exclamation
Ian Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks very much for the info Laura. No, I really mean it! Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi Laura, have you had a chance to check out the mpeg I emailed you. I guess you're pretty busy these days and I couldn't have chosen a worse time to send it to you - sorry wasn't done deliberately, honest! rolling eyes

How often do you load bits and pieces up onto the website??
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi Laura,
are you missing us? We promise to be totally irreverant and give you lots of grief on here instead! Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ski Club discussion forum back up again...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Like a star she twinkled: every one looked and pointed, "oooh!" they said.
Now U see her,
Now U don't.
latest report
Ah shame! it was only a little technical gremlin after all! sorry for the wishful thinking Wink
latest report
Just in case you were worried, Wink I'm pleased to tell you that all the site needed was a quick reboot. All is running as normal now!
snow conditions
Not as quite 'as normal' Laura! Wink
ski holidays
well said that man! .... I also wouldn't refer to it as running ..... labouring or trudging maybe!
snow conditions
Matthew - I have received your mpeg thanks - did you land it then or what? I'll send you an email when I've uploaded it to the website. It'll be visible in the Club reps section under your name. (BTW - in case anyone was wondering the Club Reps section is open to everyone).
ski holidays
“The time has come - the Ski Club chat forums have become members only! The forums have really taken off this winter and there are over 60,000 messages that contain extremely valuable information about resorts, ski schools, websites, equipment, accommodation, driving to the Alps, family skiing and a lot of general chit-chat about skiing and snowboarding. This is a fantastic resource that we want to preserve.”

For what purpose?
Furthermore , in a public forum (and having read their terms and conditions), the poster (if not an employee) retains their copyright against commercial usage and would render any exploitation by the SCGB in breach of that. The SCGB is claiming a fiduciary benefit for your property!
I suggest that those who have posted to the SCGB forums, formally require the Ski Club of Great Britain to inform you of that value. The alternative would be a class action suit to recover that value.
‘There is a difference between making love and being screwed’

You could always ask them to scour the forums (current and archive) of all your contributions and to demand compliance.
JB.
latest report
Masque, You could.....or you could let it go, and enjoy what we have here, remembering that if the ski club hadn't created the forums then we would all never have got together like this.
snow conditions
Let's go forward and enjoy - not look back with unnecessary bitterness. It's much nicer here, and by the beginning of next season, we'll have an archive/ information library that will be the envy of SCGB as their postings dry up.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Thu 12-02-04 15:52; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Elizabeth: forgive me, I was just addressing the frustration of the people who’re unhappy with the actions SCGB have taken and have claimed a financial benefit for.
Me . . . I’m just a ‘skanky’ boarder who believes in ‘fairness’. The SCGB are more than welcome to continue and attract new members, but it should not gain financial benefit from the contributions of those that contribute to it’s funding without representation on its managing committee.
You’re right, move on to a new way of promoting eating snow.
JB
ski holidays
Masque. In moral and ethical terms you are quite correct. As an SCGB member, going back to 1962, I expect the Club to uphold the highest moral and ethical standards. There is a simpler remedy to the one you propose, which is for the Club to reverse its decision. The SCGB President will receive a demand to that effect tonight.
snow conditions
Good luck David! Hope the meeting isn't too nasty and that people remember what they are there for and avoid becoming personal rolling eyes
snow report
David, exactly what is this meeting tonight? Have you been invited, or will you be crashing in through the window, muscles bulging?
snow report
Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No - it's http://gallery.euroweb.hu/html/e/eyck_van/jan/01page/10goldsm.html GoldsmithMan ! (Well nearly)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Notice the glum face? It's before he found us Wink
ski holidays
No, here's our David
http://www.villagehatshop.com/media/art-christus-goldsmith.jpg
snow report
I see that jpg is 165K slowplough - if lots of folk do this u's database will swell enormously (did someone see a thread like that on another site somewhere ?..) I suspect. Unless u says otherwise could I ask that pics are put in as links rather than images? (there is also a potential copyright issue with this, I'lll check with peter b)
snow conditions
No, the database won;t swell since the pic isn;t in th database, it;s hosted elsewhere and simply linked

however it will annoy people like me who are on dial-up and have to download it!
ski holidays
Dave Burt. The meeting I attended was one of the SCGB's Environmental Group, which is chaired by the Club's President, Sally Cartwright. She made off-the-record remarks about the situation but, suffice it to say (and this is my impression), the Club has been pretty shocked by the firestorm it unleashed and is agonising over the problem at its most senior level!

There seems to be another thread running on the apology made.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy